Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 08:29 AM

66 posts, read 189,346 times

Advertisements

Thanks guy i have a lot of friends the reason i'm asking is that where i work in Rockville MD lot of employees go out for HAPPY HOUR were you meet a lot of people so far no luck in female friends plus i think its good to have a female friend for advise not all guys are good at that i love my wife i'm not looking for sex just friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 08:39 AM

42 posts, read 162,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
Do I sense a Control Freak?
Why would you assume she is a control freak?

I believe men can be friends with women, but its always going to be a "When Harry met Sally" situation... Plain and simple!!!
if you dont know what I mean, rent the movie.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:07 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
My darling, just for you, I will hide my hotness and will refrain from using that color - it's HOT pink, btw - . I may be a grandma, but that is me. However, I'm aware that us older folks often have eye troubles - as I am about to have my 2nd eye surgery - of 4.

Uh well looky thar! We have another shared in common thang... My son went and did the 'deed' and I too am a gramps. I have peter pan syndrome wicked bad, hence the younger feel to choices of wording. Motorcycle related things and just being wild, but in part this is due to be an long hair country boy, where running chainsaws shakes the crudlings in my arteries n' such to keep me thin and spry.

Out on the Lak du St Sacrement, Lake George to you, I can run with the 20 somethings in late October to re-fight the battles there from the French and Indian War, the youngun's complain about not keeping up with the old man I can't say any of this does my dammned eyes any good though.

I might not have asked for a earth tone, ifn' I knew that was a date either.. hmmm maybe you should go back to blazin hot pink

I am hitched to a NY gal, she comes from the northern tier out west.. Seems they all know all the words to all the songs if you all ask me..

Old 03-27-2010, 09:28 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,197,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiff21xy View Post
Why would you assume she is a control freak?

I believe men can be friends with women, but its always going to be a "When Harry met Sally" situation... Plain and simple!!!
if you dont know what I mean, rent the movie.
While I will accept it is rarely successful - it's not always going to end up that way plain and simple and I can attest to that personally over many years.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:42 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
While I will accept it is rarely successful - it's not always going to end up that way plain and simple and I can attest to that personally over many years.
Yup, me, too. Especially once you get out of your 20s.

Then men and women get over themselves, their hormones, and their gender and they can be friends with 'people.'

Old 03-27-2010, 11:03 AM

42 posts, read 162,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Men can be friends with women, but if that woman is remotely attractive then he has had sexual thoughts about her, he may not have acted out on those thoughts sexually but they are there. Single men fuh-ged-about-it, No single guy is gonna call a hot chick friend over to just watch the game if he doesnt have other motives in the back of his head...Even the ugly ones he will do the same with.....Married men...yeah right Why would a married man need to just hang out with a woman just as friends alone?? Its the way God made us..sooner or later sexual overtones will arise..the penis is his own entity people.....

Old 03-27-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiff21xy View Post
Men can be friends with women, but if that woman is remotely attractive then he has had sexual thoughts about her, he may not have acted out on those thoughts sexually but they are there. Single men fuh-ged-about-it, No single guy is gonna call a hot chick friend over to just watch the game if he doesnt have other motives in the back of his head...Even the ugly ones he will do the same with.....Married men...yeah right Why would a married man need to just hang out with a woman just as friends alone?? Its the way God made us..sooner or later sexual overtones will arise..the penis is his own entity people.....
Well, I believe this situation would NEVER EVER work for you because it appears you have a very narrow and immature viewpoint. So, in your case, you are probably correct and in many cases it is probably correct I won't dispute that. But you CANNOT speak for the entire populice in saying it's just 'as plain and simple as that'...period. You don't speak for everyone and certainly not for me and how could you possibly? It's unfortunate you will never be able to appreciate this kind of friendship.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:16 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,271,814 times
Yeh...sorry but I just don't think it works in the long run either unless they are gay.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Yeh...sorry but I just don't think it works in the long run either unless they are gay.
Well, I have 20 years that says it can and does. It all depends on the people. And anything beyond that would feel like being with your brother or sister sexually...it just doesn't compute in the way you might think it does all the time.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:36 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,814,576 times
They can be friends as long as he/she can be introduced to your spouse and there's nothing to hide. If they're meeting in discreet then it's a bad idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships