Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 11:49 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,378,669 times

Advertisements

Not. another.gold-digger.thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 11:58 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,111,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1979 View Post
So I joined match.com in search of meeting a nice girl about a month ago and noticed that almost every decent looking girl on match is looking for a sugar daddy. I would say that I am a better than average looking guy with an average middle class income for my area 63k. But the majority of decent looking woman on this site don't seem to respond to my messages. Well after a month I was bored of match and decided to have some fun with it. I changed my income to 150k+ and left the rest of my info and pics alone. To my surprise I checked my mail a few days later and my mailbox was blown up with winks and messages. Some were even the same girls I had sent messages to before. Are these sites for finding true love or is it a way for women to find a guy with money the easy way.
That's just just trifling. I think it would be fun to set up a date with these shallow wincthes and pick them up in an old beat up truck!

Old 04-04-2010, 12:00 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,540,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Those are extremes though. Most men just want a woman who takes care of herself and doesn't need to be supported. Who wants to support a grown woman who sits on her arse all day?
Isn't that another extreme? And we really can't speak for "most" men, can we? The question was, are all women about money? My answer is that they are not. That is just a matter of common sense. He goes into what happened to him on the site, and even there I would say that not all of them are looking to find money the easy way. $63K might not be enough for some women and there are varying reasons for this. Not all of them are shallow. I wouldn't ask on the first date, but it is important to me.

I actually should have said that anyone who walks into a relationship, let alone marriage, without considering income is a fool. You can love someone for who they are while not entirely dismissing their income.

It make sense that we would look for someone who fits our idea of the ideal mate, all the way around. Even if I'm just dating, I'd want to be with someone who enjoys what I do and has the means to do it. Women can also be taken to the cleaners. I have busted my hump to get to a comfortable place in life, just as many men have. I didn't do that just to risk it all by NOT considering his finances.

In my online dating experience, I have made it known, abundantly clear, that I want someone who is financially secure. I didn't put a number on it, but I didn't have to ask how much they made up front. It will make itself known if they are lying or living with mom.

Quote:
The OP makes 63k, but the moment he changed it to 150k he got bombarded with messages and his Inbox was blown up.
That's no shocker. Again, some women are gold-diggers, some women prefer a more successful gent for practical reasons.

Quote:
If a woman asked me about my income whilst I barely know her only being out together once or twice, that is a HUGE red flag. I'd ditch her immediately.
That would be a good call. It is rude to ask someone about their income when first meeting.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
The day you stop thinking of Playboy Bunnies as being ideal women will be the very same day that you will no longer be bothered by their dating habits.
+1 Gotta spread the love.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I didn't say her name isn't on all three of my checking accounts, and vice versa. She knows which two banks I have accounts in, and I know which bank she has an account in. Might sound to you like a business arrangement, but we never, ever have any problems because of our finances. This is my second marriage, I'm not making the same mistake twice. My first wife never worked and after twenty years (and three of her affairs later) she filed for divorce. She took me for almost everything I had, including my business. With her, it was all about money, and all about controlling everything I did. I never thought I would get re-married, but a very special lady convinced me I could be happy with her in my life. She was right!
I wouldn't have a problem with this type of arrangement simply because I don't want a man in my life to constantly worry about if I'm interested in him or his money. If this would be what he needed to feel secure that I'm with him and not his money, so be it.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Show me where I called them ideal. I was simply stating the truth. You probably don't like it because your type probably puts Death, I mean Hef on some sort of pedestal. Beyond that, theres not too much to say to you. Please don't quote my post again. Your points are irrelevent to the topic at hand and your not as sly as you think you are.

And please by no means ever imply that you know what I am thinking or where I am coming from. Your frivilous two cents of nonsense make me wonder if you can comprehend or are sane.

Im sorry if you worship the ground that a perverted, frog faced 80 year old man walks, but don't assume the rest of us look up to him. His lifestyle and the women in it are about as morrally inept as humanly possible. I give more credit to simple street prostitution. At least they don't pretend to be something there not. They have sex for money, they are prostitutes.

Hef's girls have sex for money but like to claim it's love. As if there was some divine moment in time that happened during some moment while Hef was being wheeled out in his 10,000 wheel chair while wearing his unfumigated bath robe in which this somehow created an array of better than average looking womens hearts to nearly pop out of their chest going pump pump, as if it were love at first site. Especially since one or two of these types of women could have there pick of most men. that's assuming of course that they didn't already suck on an eighty year olds dry shriveled up sausage. By the way death, I mean hef, (oh, what the hells the difference) is 80 freaking years old! That is not to offset the fact that he was never handsome. He looked like a frog when he was thirty. Never was he handsome, and at eighty he looks more like a cross between a frog and the crypt keeper.

But hey that's just my opinion. What do I know? And by the way, I was using this very small sample as an example. But I see that somehow slipped your mind.
This post is completely out of line. From your posts, it sounded you felt these women were the ideal woman, the woman every man wants. To me you sound like you're jealous of Hef. So typically, you have to cut him down because it makes you feel better to say that the bunies are only with him for money. That more than likely is true, but your bitterness underlines your jealousy that you will never have a woman like the women Hef has because you don't have his money. You post reads like you sit back watch that show making yourself feel better by telling yourself "if he didn't have money he could never have such a beautiful woman. If I had money I'd have women all over me, too."

I'm sorry you're dissatisfied that the women who like you are not Playboy quality, but if you look for something besides looks, you might find that you have something worth way more than Hef's millions.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:49 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,067,241 times
I just finished a book about 2 serial grifters/killers. The woman was 'sort of a Liz Taylor' type as a youth and exploited every man she could for $$$. A pretty + devious woman can get whatever she wants from a vulnerable man.

You wonder why ONE of these men didn't wake up and realize 'she was just after his money.' Well, I guess they were emotionally invested or perhaps she knew how to hook them into her schemes and then blackmail them.

She stalked well known rich men and was determined to hook the big fish.

A poor man may actually find love where the rich man has no idea if the woman loves him or his money.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:16 PM

550 posts, read 1,214,581 times
Never known a rich guy who was lonely...

Old 04-04-2010, 03:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
with the demise of family values and family and church setting the standards for conduct women now cut their own deals. and i must say either do better or stay single. however i must say marriage rate is down 50% and for that we will pay a large price, aka the demise of euopean/american values and heritage. you know, the ones thats crank the money aka the golden easter egg bunny.
happy easter

Old 04-04-2010, 03:22 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,067,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
Never known a rich guy who was lonely...
Yes, they all love those rich men for their....personalities and looks.
Take a gander at that show where that woman tries to hook women up with millionaires. Most of those guys are pug ugly or 'plain' at the most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships