Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 10:43 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I would hope that women in their 30's are more willing to "give it up" easier than younger women.

Younger women have a fear of being a "****" as if their future potential husband will find out how many they've slept with and be turned off by it.

I'd speculate that older women don't care anymore about their "number" and just want to enjoy sex if they're attracted. What do they have to lose? They're already old, not going to get any prettier, and most decent men are picked over. I'd guess that women would start wising up and use sex as a tool to KEEP a good guy around. If I'm 30-something and I'm at a point where i'm happy in my life, why would I waste my time with a middle-aged woman if she wasn't puting out?
The real question is, why would she waste her time with someone that all he thought about was getting into her pants? I think many women out there are more preceptive than you give them credit for. Many of them will figure you out in no time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 10:55 AM

Default The 'rules' of 30-something dating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
The ignorance being spewed on this thread is astounding.

But perhaps that's why those spewing it remain bitter and without women.

So far Mathguy is the only male offering advice here who has not also demonstrated that he has his head up his colon.
I'm going to have to throw in with Avienne and Mathguy! I hate to see guys who are bitter, bashing women, and thinking they are good for nothing but sex. So, take the advice you hear from these bozo's with a grain of salt. You don't want to end up like they have, bitter, full of hate, and not very smart.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:47 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
The real question is, why would she waste her time with someone that all he thought about was getting into her pants? I think many women out there are more preceptive than you give them credit for. Many of them will figure you out in no time.
The real question is: Why does someone wanting to get to know you and be in a relationship with you become mutually exclusive to also wanting to have sex?

Old 05-11-2010, 11:51 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
The real question is: Why does someone wanting to get to know you and be in a relationship with you become mutually exclusive to also wanting to have sex?
Huh?

Old 05-11-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Apparently there are 100 things a guy can do to ensure he won't get a date or have sex.

Undateable.

So, maybe there are some rules for dating in there.
Sadly, some meatheads with an "I'm so great, you'll want me attitude" never get it. They know who they are, they're the one's going without. In other words, undateable.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:08 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
I am not 30, I have quite a few friends above that age, most of them are not single though. I was just speculating on what I think it would be like based on what I've heard. The general concensus that I've heard is that dating gets easier for men with age, and tougher for women.
This is generally true. Somewhere in the 30's the balance of power (women have it no question in their 20's) in dating levels out and then starts to favor men. Much of this is driven by the mortality rate, supply\demand.

With regards to sex. Unless the gal is religious, gals 30+ generally are more comfortable with themselves and their needs etc. If you are a good guy working on a relationship with them....you will be *likely* to have sex sooner than later. It will also generally be done well, with less inhibition etc.

Then again, I like fiesty women so without exception I never went on a 2nd date with a gal that showed up withdrawn, nervous etc.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:15 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Sadly, some meatheads with an "I'm so great, you'll want me attitude" never get it. They know who they are, they're the one's going without. In other words, undateable.
For every "undateable" jackass there is some gal that wants a badboy to provide a challenge and drama etc. Basically, disfunction attracts disfunction.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
You'll no doubt learn more about 'mutually exclusive' when you grow up, right now I doubt that you experience very much of it. We understand why that is...

Old 05-11-2010, 12:54 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
I have to agree with everything MathGuy has said. As usual, his posts are spot on. I would add that it's especially important to have realistic standards. A lot of guys enter their 30s expecting the women they meet to still look like they're 25 and have no kids. The worst part is these same guys have put on weight and lost some hair. Sadly, a lot of guys will interpret this as lowering one's standards and settling. You're not. You're just coming down to Earth. I'd also add that it's important to be open-minded about how you go about meeting someone. People in their 30s are busy. So instead of scoffing at things like online dating, why not employ it as one extra method of meeting someone? It doesn't have to be your sole or primary method. But if you're too narrow-minded to not even explore it, you'll have a harder time dating in your 30s.

One argument I reject is the "leftovers" argument, the one that says anyone who hasn't been married by the time they turn 30 was probably rejected by everyone else and should therefore be avoided. Maybe they devoted their 20s to establishing their careers. Maybe they just needed time to figure out what they really wanted. Maybe they saw all their friends and relatives getting married in their 20s and then getting divorced by their 30s and realized it would be worth waiting til they met the right person. Personally, I think it's great if someone waits til they're ready and resists the societal and parental pressure to get married by a certain age.

I also disagree with whoever said that following dating rules is sad. Actually, what's sad is NOT having any rules. Would you try to find a job that way? Of course not.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:04 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,244 times
Quote:
Apparently there are 100 things a guy can do to ensure he won't get a date or have sex.

Undateable.

So, maybe there are some rules for dating in there.
The link was disappointing. I was looking for a list of things to make a guy safe from the ravages of divorce.

There is a lot of demand for that out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships