Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 12:45 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
If you have the time and don't mind, can you posts all the links for those comments? I don't think there as many as you believe. I could be wrong.
I'm not going to waste my time going through all the nasty comments men have made about older/ugly/overweight women, there is a search function here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 09:41 AM

39,204 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Success comes in many forms. Financial status is only one of them. If she is truly happy with him, it is perhaps a better situation than if she was with someone else with more money whom she didn't really love.

Personally, I know a lot of people who feel their college degrees didn't really do anything for them. My major in college is Art history = useless, but I did graduate from UCLA. After struggling many years of being a starving artist, and a semi professional athlete. I decided to just go back to my family businesses. (music festivals, entertainment, retail businesses) I'd rather be financially comfortable and secure than pursuing my so called dream which is unattainable.

I don't care about college degree, but the person I am with has to share my value, ambition. Otherwise, it is not going to back. I know a lot of trust fund babies who went to college because of family pressure. All they did were partying, drinking, and wasting their parents money. These people have absolutely no value in my eyes.

Plus, A mechanic makes more than a college graduate "finding her way." Actually a mechanic with a lot of skills and certifications makes more than most people with master's degrees. So college degrees really don't mean higher income in some cases.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 06-27-2013 at 10:02 AM..

Old 06-30-2013, 04:04 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
Reliable data reveal that women are increasingly marrying men with less education and/or income.

How do the guys peddling the "women are only interested in men for their money" shtick explain this?

I thought the senator would know the answer, but...

"The supply of men has changed," said D'Vera Cohn, senior writer at the Pew Research Center's Social and Demographic Trends project. "The pool of college educated men isn't growing as rapidly as it is for women."

Reading Is Fundamental
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships