Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 10:40 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times

Advertisements

Breathing sex toy, now there's a business Idea. Wait I think they already have them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 10:51 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Coolhand, I don't get this. Energy, vibrancy, bounce? What does that mean? Women in their 30s and 40s aren't energetic? Unless you're talking about that scene in L.A Story where Sarah Jessica Parker is dancing and jumping around and hanging on Steve Martin. Is that what being "energetic and vibrant" means?
Mango gave a fairly accurate explanation (thanks Mango), and I will add that often odler folks--male or female--start to lose some of the wind from their sails. They've either done it all before and aren't as jazzed about things, or they just don't have any interest. I don't mean that women in their 30's or 40's are any less attractive or active. There are plenty of women here on this forum alone who are in their 30's and 40's who are vibrant, energetic and beautiful...Max's Mama, Seeniorita, Chessiesmom, Twinkle Toes, MLV, and SierraAZ just to name a few. Dozens of others as well and the list is too long to go on without leaving someone out. I'm sure you fall nicely into that category as well. But by and large those are the exceptions rather than the rule.

Of course there are always exceptions, and I don't want to give the impression that I was only interested in younger women. I've dated older, younger, and women the same age. Are there limits for me, sure. If I were single today I wouldn't date anyone who was 18, nor would I date a woman who was 65, but somewhere in between I can find someone I am compatible with and enjoy our time together without over-analying and making assumptions about them strictly by age.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:03 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Mango gave a fairly accurate explanation (thanks Mango), and I will add that often odler folks--male or female--start to lose some of the wind from their sails. They've either done it all before and aren't as jazzed about things, or they just don't have any interest. I don't mean that women in their 30's or 40's are any less attractive or active. There are plenty of women here on this forum alone who are in their 30's and 40's who are vibrant, energetic and beautiful...Max's Mama, Seeniorita, Chessiesmom, Twinkle Toes, MLV, and SierraAZ just to name a few. Dozens of others as well and the list is too long to go on without leaving someone out. I'm sure you fall nicely into that category as well. But by and large those are the exceptions rather than the rule.

Of course there are always exceptions, and I don't want to give the impression that I was only interested in younger women. I've dated older, younger, and women the same age. Are there limits for me, sure. If I were single today I wouldn't date anyone who was 18, nor would I date a woman who was 65, but somewhere in between I can find someone I am compatible with and enjoy our time together without over-analying and making assumptions about them strictly by age.
You just lined up the C/D divas and called them all old. You need witness protection program asap, amigo

Old 05-20-2010, 11:10 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
You just lined up the C/D divas and called them all old. You need witness protection program asap, amigo
LOL...nah, they're in their 30's & 40's which they proudly proclaim, not old by my standards. FWIW, it takes hard work to maintain your looks past the age of 30 and 40, it doesn't happen by accident. While they were blessed with great looks, they also take care of themselves. Anyone in that age bracket, man or woman who let's themselves go is going to see their appearance and health fade. These ladies are a good example of women who have managed to stay young and vibrant and defy mother nature and father time.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:04 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Ok, I would think that it is so common for younger women to date older men that most people wouldnt give it much thought.
Apparently it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Like someone else, I looked at your profile pic. Im thinking if that is you normal attire they might be staring at something besides your mate. Im not judging, just saying. BTW, nice rack, made me look twice!
That is me before getting ready to go out to a club.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
LOL - I found it interesting someone would feel the need in pointing out the triple D's when discussing the old men that she attracts. It probably didn't need to be said because no one really pictures the guy with the babe younger than his daughters to pick up a flat chested plain girl.
You apparently never read this thread or didn't pay close enough attention because where exactly where did I point out triple D's or breast size in any shape or form?????

Old 05-20-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Maybe its just me, but it seems counter intuitive to ultimate rely on another person for financial security unless there are some serious considerations. If you honestly want financial security why not get a career and education rather then rely on someone else who, if they are dating someone several years their jr. may not be around after awhile.
I'm tired of people responding who aren't reading the thread or following my posts in it. Seriously it doesn't take that long.

This is the meaning of financial security:

Quote:
I just want to know that if I'm sick, if I have to take a leave from work due to pregnancy or other contingency, or something bad happens to me, either me or my children will be taken care of.
That a part of quality of life.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:47 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,342,373 times
Now I have not read through the entire thread, but I see how you want yourself and your children to be taken care of due to something that comes up. That is fine. But what about when he gets sick? Are you prepared, at a young age, to take care of him as he gets older? This is in no way an attack on you. He will get to that point a lot faster than you and I have seen family members run the other way when it comes to this.

How will you handle it when he starts to slow down and you're still young, vibrant and use to going out?

Old 05-20-2010, 01:01 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I'm tired of people responding who aren't reading the thread or following my posts in it. Seriously it doesn't take that long.

This is the meaning of financial security:

That a part of quality of life.
That is all well and good, but did you actually read my post or just click the Quote button?

In that post I am simply saying that nothing is assured. I know you want someone to take care of you if something bad happens we all want that, but it seems counter intuitive to rely on other people to do that in 90% of cases. Sure they might say they will, people say a lot of things, but when it comes to crunch time I think its ultimately foolish to rely on someone else for that unless you know for certain they will step up and imho being sure of something like that requires a long term committed relationship of many many years. In the absence of such a long term committed relationship the only persons you can really rely on for that are yourself and if your lucky your family.

In summary, judging a date based on something like that definition of financial security makes a very large assumption as to the root character of that person.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 05-20-2010 at 01:17 PM..

Old 05-20-2010, 01:13 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Why do so many posters think it's impossible to simply get along with and like someone older or younger than yourself? It's always got to be about money or having a breathing sex toy
Hi cuinlalaland,

Its merely a haggling tactic. The target demographic is not to wonder off from the available selection pool. Age, race, culture or left handedness comes into play as a means to disparage the competition. If a frumpy, urban, muffin fueled contender warns of the perils of hinterland hotties in their cut offs and exposed mid midriffs, it is not because she fears for your character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships