Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 08:56 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
As a young adult I had always believed that men had to be physically attracted to be with a woman. Now that belief has become false and now I notice that women in general need to be physically and sexually attracted to certain men. Men will sleep with anything especially good looking men. Women on the other hand won't sleep with anyone or anything even if money talks. A couple of months ago I was seeing a woman on and off and she admitted that she needs to be with with some one that she is not only physically attracted to but sexually. Mind you this woman is not hot and probably 5 in the looks department, day short and not proportion. No matter what admirable character a man has if a woman who is average looking, independent, and had insecurities most likely she would want to be with someone that can boost her appearance and self validation. A good looking but or a good looking guy fresh out of prison will do attract these types of women I mentioned just right.
Yeah I'd go as far to say at least in NYC women are more shallow then men
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 10:00 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,984,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
As a young adult I had always believed that men had to be physically attracted to be with a woman. Now that belief has become false and now I notice that women in general need to be physically and sexually attracted to certain men. Men will sleep with anything especially good looking men. Women on the other hand won't sleep with anyone or anything even if money talks. A couple of months ago I was seeing a woman on and off and she admitted that she needs to be with with some one that she is not only physically attracted to but sexually. Mind you this woman is not hot and probably 5 in the looks department, day short and not proportion. No matter what admirable character a man has if a woman who is average looking, independent, and had insecurities most likely she would want to be with someone that can boost her appearance and self validation. A good looking but or a good looking guy fresh out of prison will do attract these types of women I mentioned just right.
Dude, get out of your house and go to a bar. If you can't get laid hanging out in bars full of drunk people (nothing loosens inhibitions like booze) then the fault's on YOU!

Old 08-28-2014, 10:02 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,984,523 times
I'm not really interested in someone UNLESS they are interested in me. You can tell by facial expressions and body language whether or not someone likes you.

If they are not into you nothing will make it happen.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:15 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Over the past year, I find that I grow attracted to a woman that is attracted to me.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:31 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,503 times
This makes alot of sense; however, my attraction towards the opposite sex is mutually exclusive if they found me attractive.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:42 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,692,542 times
most women whove been attracted to me seem domineering and i just don't like that

Old 08-28-2014, 04:44 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Yeah I'd go as far to say at least in NYC women are more shallow then men

This is very true nonetheless. A good friend told me that NYC is a females version of Miami or LA is for men. I kind of agree with him. But yeah women in NYC are for more shallow than men. The local women are shallow only looks, the transient crowd is shallow on money, physique like height and race, education and so forth. So far the best bet is either with immigrant women or women visiting or work and play from the suburbs. Sad thing is that the ladies here have plenty of flaws, however these women have loads of men lined up to be with them. I find it very astonishing. What I found out is that I'm probably to average and living in a place with extreme opposites of culture, identity, income and so forth is only going to make things worse. In other parts of the country that I have visited, single women were easy to talk with and easy to thing things further. All I know is that if I remain in NYC, I will most likely settle with a woman who slutted it up being with Mr. Wrong and single mom of two kids, or settle with a woman who chased and slutted it up with Mr. Right who did not want her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Dude, get out of your house and go to a bar. If you can't get laid hanging out in bars full of drunk people (nothing loosens inhibitions like booze) then the fault's on YOU!
Lol, dude been there done that. Tired of that. I'm no longer in my twenties. Actually last week I went to a posh lounge and grabbed four numbers from four different women. All these women assume that I'm a moneyed type based on how I was talking and knowledge of many nuances and these women weren't drunk neither was I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Over the past year, I find that I grow attracted to a woman that is attracted to me.
This is very important and will be doing the same thing. If a woman finds me attractive I will grow attractive to her. I notice that plenty of guys do this now. Its not easy for some to allow attraction to grow especially since we living in a fast paced world.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:55 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I was just thinking if you find someone attractive, is it much more likely that they are attracted to you?

Some reasons why I think this may be true:
1. If you find out someone likes you, it is more likely that you will be interested in them.
No. As if it were so simple. This forum wouldn't exist if it were so simple. In MOST CASES people aren't attracted to those who are attracted to them. Those must be some poorly-devised studies that would support such a simplistic view of life.

Old 08-28-2014, 05:05 PM

226 posts, read 253,971 times
I'm attracted to women who are attracted to me. Ones that treat me with respect and decency. Ones who don't break my balls and try to change me. Ones who love me for who I truly am and all of it. You can't just pick the parts you admire or like. I can smell that from a great distance off. When she looks at me and thinks I will hoist her over my shoulder and carry her back to my man cave to ravage her, her thinking probably isn't too far off. I can sense that as well and like it. They can always tell if I dig 'em or hate 'em.....oh yes!!

Old 08-28-2014, 05:06 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,846,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No. As if it were so simple. This forum wouldn't exist if it were so simple. In MOST CASES people aren't attracted to those who are attracted to them. Those must be some poorly-devised studies that would support such a simplistic view of life.
I think there's some truth to it though. In my experience, the people who I am not only really attracted to, but also really *click* with, are also really attracted to me. It's not like we set out with the intention of being attracted to each other - it's just something that IS.

Some people just have that "X factor" together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships