Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 11:15 PM

7 posts, read 24,889 times

Advertisements

if i am in the mall, how do i just spark up a conversation with a girl if i am interested. like if it is a cashier or even a customer. i mean i can speak i guess, but how do i start up the conversation (other than like how are you? and other formalities)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 12:09 AM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gulliver View Post
if i am in the mall, how do i just spark up a conversation with a girl if i am interested. like if it is a cashier or even a customer. i mean i can speak i guess, but how do i start up the conversation (other than like how are you? and other formalities)
If she has a tattoo anywhere, tell her 'Nice tat. What's it mean?' Learn to wisecrack. Build huge muscles, and wear tighter shirts

If she is a cashier, and she's pretty hot, she gets hit on 1,000 times a day. You could try hitting on her anyway, but I usually just let it go. If you frequent a location often (like a coffee shop), you could try to build conversation towards asking her out, but again, she gets it all the time. Stick with girls you work with, or go to school with.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:51 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,487,108 times
maybe cashiers dont get asked out often because guys always think they get hit on 1000 times a day--lol
you can buy something and then say, "hi, my name is..."
"would you like to go have a coffee during your break?"
"no? well maybe some other time". then just walk away. then if you like her, try again on another day...persistence may get her to notice you and finally go to get some coffee--but dont stalk her. if by the 2nd or 3rd time she still says no, then just leave it at that.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:35 AM

545 posts, read 2,043,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gulliver View Post
if i am in the mall, how do i just ,spark up a conversation with a girl if i am interested. like if it is a cashier or even a customer. i mean i can speak i guess, but how do i start up the conversation (other than like how are you? and other formalities)
REPLY: Sing this jingle to her : ' ...its a beautiful day in the neighborhood, wouldnt you like to beeee , my Neighbor ?'

Old 05-05-2008, 06:59 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,068,498 times
Most good looking girls don't get hit on unless it is by players. Players do not seek serious relationships they just want to penetrate her and leave. So if you are something different then do it. Regardless, if she rejects you at least you will be able to say you tried. Ya know?

Old 05-05-2008, 07:48 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
When I was single, when a guy was funny and was hitting on me, he got more attention from me than if a guy was just being lame and hitting on me, I like creativity and I think a lot of women appreciate that. Also, a simple hello works well too sometimes!

Old 05-05-2008, 08:46 AM

250 posts, read 937,115 times
I remember I was riding shotgun in the car with a friend. We used to go through this drive-in of this one Dunkin' Donuts several times a week, and there was always this one very friendly, if a bit older, woman who worked the drive-thru. We were commenting that she was cute and personable, and so forth. Then we pulled up to the drive-thru and he placed his order... a coffee for him, a coffee for me... woman asks if we'd like anything else, and before I know it he's blurting out "yeah! A date!" It certainly broke the ice and, had she been unattached, I think it might have worked! Mind you, we were familiar faces (and voices) and had chatted this one up previously, so it's not like this was the first time he had spoken to her.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:09 AM

36 posts, read 119,362 times
Cashiers are easy. Make a generalized comment thats funny. Comment on something you see happening near by. Then you can judge by if she returns a comment, laughs, or just glares at you. If you get a positive reaction, you can return another day and try to have a short conversation while checking out. If you get positive conversation, do that a couple more times. By now she recognizes you. Observe how she interacts with other guy customers. If she shows the slightest bit more happiness to see you than the others your probly good to go. When asking for the # just say " listen, you should let me have your # so we can talk some more" Your not asking for a date, but simply to talk.(harmless sounding) Much more likely to get the digits that way.

Other customers on the other hand little more difficult. There usually a one shot deal.
Get near to them and comment on something around you. Ask a question about something she's interested in. Something in general and harmless so you can try to read her disposition, and demeanor. Usually, if a girl is interested she'll respond, and then be hard to shut her up. Or awkward silences. If a conversation is started then you can throw the line out. "listen, ............"(same as above)

But asking for a date right off the bat is assuming too much. The common responce you'll get is " I'm taken", or I don't know you well enough to go on a date. Then when you try to say, "we can get to know each other" its either too late and she'll give you another excuse, or you might get lucky and still get the #.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:20 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,010,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
maybe cashiers dont get asked out often because guys always think they get hit on 1000 times a day--lol
you can buy something and then say, "hi, my name is..."
"would you like to go have a coffee during your break?"
"no? well maybe some other time". then just walk away. then if you like her, try again on another day...persistence may get her to notice you and finally go to get some coffee--but dont stalk her. if by the 2nd or 3rd time she still says no, then just leave it at that.
Sounds to me like Finding says this from personal experience

Old 05-05-2008, 09:30 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,827,150 times
You just walk right up and say:

"Hi. I'm a creepy guy with poor social skills, but I love women with low paying jobs. If you have any tattoos I would like to see them then we can drink coffee and become neighbors."

Then go home and try Internet Dating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships