Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 01:44 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,335,866 times

Advertisements

Come on, admit it. We've all had that ONE friend who always seems to have the most outrageous sex life....at least by their account.

While I don't believe in kissing and telling, some people hold nothing back when it comes to talking about their sex lives. Sometimes to the point of unbelief or stupidity, I haven't figured out which yet.

Do you have one of these friends...several? If so, do you believe their stories? Do you kiss and tell if you are out with them and they start sharing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 01:47 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,692,036 times
I've never shared intimate details of my life with anyone and never liked people who do so casually, merely for purposes of making conversation.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
I've never shared intimate details of my life with anyone and never liked people who do so casually, merely for purposes of making conversation.
I agree. I brought this up because my husband has a friend and every time he sees him...he is always bragging about how many women he's been with, explicit details of what they did, pointing out the women at the gym. It made me wonder why he does this and why he feels the need to discuss this EVERY time they are together?

Old 06-01-2010, 01:57 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,020,979 times
It's a long-term plan, Seeniorita:

First he'll keep this up until your husband self-consciously feels the need to compete with his own brand of adventurous ribaldry.

This will be kept up until your husband is acclimated to the exercise, all unwitting, thinking it mere male bonding over silly braggadocio.

Once your husband is thoroughly embroiled this guy works around to the "put your money where your mouth is" scenario, and thennnnn the topic of the wife-swap slowly rears its ugly head...

You see, YOU are the target, Seeniorita, YOU are the final goal, the bulls-eye in this multi-level game of chess!

(...in his defense, who could blame him?)

Old 06-01-2010, 02:02 PM

10,180 posts, read 20,811,916 times
I've known several men and women who do this. Most of the women I believe, most of the men I didn't. It was typically the same type of guy who did most of the bragging...the guy who wasn't getting any.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:13 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,396,883 times
I actually have a very close friend who does this. Her and her husband have been married for 8 years now. Myself and our other close friends know every detail of his "manhood" and all its glory.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:21 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,311,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
I agree. I brought this up because my husband has a friend and every time he sees him...he is always bragging about how many women he's been with, explicit details of what they did, pointing out the women at the gym. It made me wonder why he does this and why he feels the need to discuss this EVERY time they are together?
This sounds just like my brother-in-law. He talks up a storm to my husband, especially when they are together (which isn't often since he lives overseas). It seems like it's done in a "guess who/what I did - you're married - SUCKS for you" attitude.

Myself, I talk to my girlfriends often about sex, in general terms. It's never a play by play.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:22 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,035,442 times
I used to have two friends that would give lots and lots of unsolicited details... sometimes accompanied by movements. It's almost like they were expecting me to stand up and start jumping up and down cheering "You go, girl!!"

Really, some things are just best left unsaid. The two exceptions are when you're either giving or asking for advice or it's a truly funny story.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
It's a long-term plan, Seeniorita:

First he'll keep this up until your husband self-consciously feels the need to compete with his own brand of adventurous ribaldry.

This will be kept up until your husband is acclimated to the exercise, all unwitting, thinking it mere male bonding over silly braggadocio.

Once your husband is thoroughly embroiled this guy works around to the "put your money where your mouth is" scenario, and thennnnn the topic of the wife-swap slowly rears its ugly head...

You see, YOU are the target, Seeniorita, YOU are the final goal, the bulls-eye in this multi-level game of chess!

(...in his defense, who could blame him?)
Well I didn't think along those lines. I did tell my husband to watch out for him because he seemed like one of those "friends" who would try to make a go for your woman if given the chance. He made the comment "If I came to your gym, all of the married women would be going after me"

Old 06-01-2010, 02:26 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,156,209 times
Whatever That guy's a loser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships