Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 05:59 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times

Advertisements

Inspired by another thread.

How do you define a cat person and a dog person? Who would you be more likely to pair up with?

I also read an article about how men with cats are seen as less masculine (or more feminine?). What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 06:08 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
I don't have any criteria for the kind of pets the woman has, as long as she's a "piece of work"

On the other hand, hopefully it's not a black spider which can crawl up my pants towards my command centre

And at one point, my house has had nearly 10 cats. But I can't even be remotely feminine, despite shaving my chest LMAO

Old 09-14-2009, 06:11 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
I have cats and a dog. I would say I lean on the cat-type personality for myself - I love that they are independent and only come to me when they are good and ready. Whereas a dog is always super happy, in your face, under your feet and for me, I didn't get a dog until I met my b/f and after we lived together for a while because I know that even though he loves our one cat, he longed for a dog buddy. I do like dogs but, I always had cats and horses.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:12 AM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Inspired by another thread.

How do you define a cat person and a dog person? Who would you be more likely to pair up with?

I also read an article about how men with cats are seen as less masculine (or more feminine?). What are your thoughts?
I don't really define anyone like that unless they have a houseful of said pet.
And if they had a houseful, they probably aren't for me. But as for which one I'd be more likely to pair up with, it would have to be the cat person simply because I would envision someone like that taking their dog(s) with them wherever they go, and I simply will not ride in a car with a dog breathing over my shoulder. I shudder to think of it.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't really define anyone like that unless they have a houseful of said pet.
And if they had a houseful, they probably aren't for me. But as for which one I'd be more likely to pair up with, it would have to be the cat person simply because I would envision someone like that taking their dog(s) with them wherever they go, and I simply will not ride in a car with a dog breathing over my shoulder. I shudder to think of it.
Oh yeah, some folks have a mini-zoo. You have to probe the ground for fear of squashing a squirrel's nuts

Old 09-14-2009, 06:57 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
I would more likely want to pair up with a dog person since I have a dog too. But it also depends on the kinds of dog(s) they have. I don't think I'd want to be around someone who has a house full of big dogs that drool all the time and shed a lot.

As for that article that claims men with cats are more feminine, how sad that men have to pick pets based on what's considered manly.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:03 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Ironically, Snoop Dogg is a cat person. Just my useless trivia for the day.

I'm ok with either a cat or a dog, but that doesn't mean I go both ways, woof...meow!

Old 09-14-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Ironically, Snoop Dogg is a cat person. Just my useless trivia for the day.

I'm ok with either a cat or a dog, but that doesn't mean I go both ways, woof...meow!
I just got an idea.

I'd like to have a Woof Woof Woof for a pet. That's three arctic wolves before I get Woof!ed black and blue

Old 09-14-2009, 07:09 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I just got an idea.

I'd like to have a Woof Woof Woof for a pet. That's three arctic wolves before I get Woof!ed black and blue

Maybe Woof Woof Woof is actually Meow Meow Meow in drag, and we've been duped all this time.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:25 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
I don't think I was ever involved with someone who had a cat(s). I always preferred dogs (big ones at that).

And chances are if they had some type of reptile or bird in their home, we weren't compatible.

I don't know where my prejudice for cats, reptiles and birds came from. I think it stems from my childhood where most of my friends that owned a cat, reptile or bird as a pet had some type of dysfunction. Believe me, I know dog owners have their dysfunctions (me included ), but I always questioned why someone would want a cat, bird, snake or the like. What the heck do they do!? I just never found them to be as interactive or responsive as a dog.

Which reminds me...I need to bust my DH's chops! He owes me a Newfie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships