Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 12:05 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times

Advertisements

Keeping a positive attitude, I met this beautiful young lady at my new job here in Vegas. Today was my first day so I really didn't have a chance to talk to her but when we introduced ourselves at the orientation this morning, she seemed like a well mannered and polite girl (I believe she is 19 or 20)

But during the orientation I could hardly keep my eyes off her, I really hope she didn't notice that. But that doesn't mean I have zero chance now right?

Anyways I was talking to a close female friend of mine who is much older (she's like a 3rd grandma to me) And she suggested if I were to take this girl out, that it should be something light and fun, like taking her to a park, or on a picnic

I always wanted to do something more old fashioned like that would be fun to do on a first date, I think it would be very romantic to be eating in the park with her as we watch the sunset behind the beautiful desert mountains

Anyways my question to the younger women on this forum is this. If a guy were to take you on a picnic or like a nice stroll through the park on a first date would you be into that? Or is that too old fashioned or corny?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 04:27 AM

157 posts, read 475,419 times
That sounds perfect. For many reasons (which I won't bore you with) I would be TOTALLY into a picnic and a "stroll through the park." You'll have time to talk to each other and the environment is viritually pressure-free. Plus it feels good to be outside...It doesn't sound corny at all. I'm 24 by the way.

My husband and I do this sort of thing when we have free time and nice weather; we like nature, and we're poor-ish. But it's my favorite time we have together, better than going to a movie or the mall.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:58 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,877,384 times
Well I'm 27 but even when I was in my early 20s, I would have enjoyed that. In fact, when I was about 23, my now-husband and I did go for a walk in a park more than once.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:20 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
I used to take some of my dates to the park. The park and ride parking lot that is.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:44 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,229 times
That would be wonderful! Not many young men would do something "old-fashioned" for a date.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:54 AM

290 posts, read 388,627 times
Personally, I think it's the best idea for a date. It shows your sensitive side and that you're dedicated to spending an entire day/evening/afternoon with her and only her, without distractions which could take your attention elsewhere. A picnic would show her how much care and effort you put into seemingly insignificant things like making and packing sandwiches. These are the little things that a girl notices and falls for. It's romantic and incredibly important (well, I think so!) Good luck!!!

Old 06-03-2010, 05:58 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
I'm not in your age range but when I first met my husband we'd go to the park a lot. Just hanging out, talking--it was great.
When I was in college, some of the nicest times were just sitting around and shooting the breeze.

You'll also get to scope out if she's a material girl and turns up her nose at simple pleasures.

Good luck at the job and in life!

Old 06-03-2010, 06:09 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
I'm out of your age range too, but its a perfect idea. After all it shows her that you are into getting to know her.
Even at my age, I would enjoy that.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:08 AM

487 posts, read 1,816,305 times
Dont jump the gun here buddy, especially in the workplace. Talk to the young lady and get to know her "at work". You just saw her one day and already planning a date-slow down-she may not be as well-mannered and polite as you think. I would say take her to lunch
"at work" and just have a casual conversation-see where her head is-then if she's is into you and she is the well-mannered girl you think she is then ask her out. And be careful with relationships at work.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:11 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
Going to have to agree with Lab. Establish an emotional connection before you plan your honeymoon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships