Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 04:01 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,453,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
In short, don't succumb to the entertainment disease. Grandiose stuff like that almost never works out.
Nah. I've seen grandiose work out just fine. It's generic you want to stay away from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 04:06 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,640,149 times
The second video struck me as being authentic unless they were really doing some incredible acting. The guy seemed completely humiliated.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:18 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,640,149 times
I also just watched the first one and I think they're both for real. Here's what I think, if you're going to propose just do it in private and accept either a yes or a no but I suppose you could get creative if the answer is yes as far as the actual marriage cememony is concerned. Couples have gotten married in some very interesting places and all of their friends and relatives have enjoyed it. I do think it would be humiliating to have a guy propose at something as stupid as a monster truck rally or sporting event and have a film crew on hand to record the results. That's a really bad idea.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:50 PM

483 posts, read 556,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
I'm not at that point in my life were I'm actually proposing to someone but I would like to get Ideas in order to be better prepared once the time comes for me to leave the single life forever (until death puts us apart).

I've working a lot on my self lately but I like planning in Advance...

Any original Ways to propose to a Woman. you love
uh... Will you live with me until we're sick of each other so I don't have to pay you alimony...?

Old 06-05-2010, 05:00 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,222,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galagaone View Post
uh... Will you live with me until we're sick of each other so I don't have to pay you alimony...?
Or...

"How would you like to be buried with my people?"

Old 06-05-2010, 05:11 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,359,012 times
hmm I would go with a nice pinic at the park on a beautiful sunny day and hire a airplane to fly over with a will marry me banner and bring some nice champagne and don't forget the engagment ring

Old 06-05-2010, 05:34 PM

78,612 posts, read 60,797,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
I'm not at that point in my life were I'm actually proposing to someone but I would like to get Ideas in order to be better prepared once the time comes for me to leave the single life forever (until death puts us apart).

I've working a lot on my self lately but I like planning in Advance...

Any original Ways to propose to a Woman. you love
I have found that gun-point has produced the highest success rate of any methods I've employed.

As it stands, fully 2 out of 13 have accepted.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:53 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,034,686 times
If the girl is head over heels in love with the guy, then he could propose to her at a gas station and she would probably still say yes. Like LM is saying, it really depends on the girl. Some of them want a creative, grandiose gesture and others would be embarrassed and put on the spot by it. The problem with the big public proposals is that it pressures the girl to say yes as there is an audience and even if the girl does want to marry the guy, that may rub her the wrong way.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:32 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,344,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I have found that gun-point has produced the highest success rate of any methods I've employed.

As it stands, fully 2 out of 13 have accepted.
are you getting married MG?

Old 06-05-2010, 08:48 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,407,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
This is a time when some goofy stunt is typically a bad idea. Because what you're trying to do is impose artificial layers of drama atop what is already one of the most dramatic moments of one's life. Here's what you do:

1) Choose a nice restaurant or a romantic spot.
2) Wait until she's nice and relaxed.
3) Kneel down.
4) Open the ring box.
5) Ask.

And, lest you think this is hopelessly stale and unoriginal, let me present Exhibit A and Exhibit B:

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Here's some more:

YouTube - Failed Marriage Proposal on Live TV
That is why if I ever decide to date again and if that eventually leads to a marriage proposal I would probably go to a nice and large public gardens or something where there is some privacy, I think even a nice restaurant could go bad if there are a fair amount of people around and it turns into a high pressure thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships