Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 12:38 PM

36,522 posts, read 30,856,131 times

Advertisements

Matt
You have got it all figured out!
Now explain the advantage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 12:47 PM

956 posts, read 1,767,297 times
Sounds good to me, Matt !

Old 06-11-2010, 12:49 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Matt
You have got it all figured out!
Now explain the advantage.
Advantage??? To me or to all the poor women that are so desperate to go out with me? The one lucky enough to impress me I just might let them put a ring on my finger. For that gal she will get a guy that is happy being taken care of and knows how to show it.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:49 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
CaliCali,
I agree. If guys can live single, then that's their thing just like those who are ok taking care of their gf/wife/lover. But some women out there think that if a man is single then he must not be enjoying life. A woman's ultimate goal in life to have a dreamy proposal and wedding and live under a guy's wing is not necessarily something I want.

2mares,
The things you mention that you sacrifice for him sound nice. I rather do that in a relationship. House chores are so overrated. How long does it take you to wash a pair of dishes (2 bowls, 2 flat dishes, 2 cups, 2 forks/spoons/knifes)? Not even 3 minutes. If laundry was done 7 days of the week or even 5, I would understand but its not that much. Besides, you dump the clothes inside the washer/dryer and wait to come pick it up and fold it or whatever. Unless you go down to the river to hand wash the clothes. I can keep going with more house chores and its not that big of a deal really. If you end up getting bored with your marriage you can always ask for divorce and leave the court counting each dollar you got for simply being a woman. So you get that benefit in relationships, divorce, chivalry, relationships, and so on. Enjoy .

Old 06-11-2010, 12:54 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,012 times
I see no advantage in being low maintenance. If you don't hold yourself in high regard, no one else will either. I strive to be my best and I give my very best to my relationships. I expect the same in return.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:07 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
I see no advantage in being low maintenance. If you don't hold yourself in high regard, no one else will either. I strive to be my best and I give my very best to my relationships. I expect the same in return.
What is "give your best" in relationships? Being nice to him, cheer him up, rub his back, being sweet, etc. right?

Old 06-11-2010, 01:17 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,012 times
I strive to give him what he wants and needs from me most. I would say that respect and appreciation are the most important things to him, closely followed by support and encouragement.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:36 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
These boards are replete with jaded bitter single men, aren't they?
I can only speak for myself in saying that I'm not bitter or jaded. I have never been hurt by a woman nor have I ever been cheated on.

With that said, the situation is this; unlike most guys, I DID MY OWN RESEARCH, into relationships, and into the TRUE nature of the female sex. Therefore, armed with that knowledge, I chose not to believe the propaganda that the "family man" is the type of man that I should aspire to be.

It's slavery, plain and simple! The "family man" is a slave to his wife, his job, and corporate America!

Just take a look at this propaganda (picture below), they hire actors who don't even know each other and use them to sell an IDEA that this is what life will be when you get married and take care of a woman.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:59 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,943 times
Quote:
I see no advantage in being low maintenance. If you don't hold yourself in high regard, no one else will either.

You see no advantage in being low maintenance? Do you realize that if you declare that your high maintenance you're pricing yourself out the dating market, or at least reducing your chances of finding a decent mate? A good analogy is the fact that millionaires buy Ford f150 vs BMW's because it cost less and it's cheaper to maintain (Read The Millionaire Next Door).

I agree, holding yourself in a high regard is VERY important but it has little to do with acquiring material possessions or demanding that people GIVE them to you!

Truly holding yourself to a high regard means maintaining a standard of cleanliness, not caving into external pressures, standing up for what's right, taking accountability, and doing things for yourself.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:59 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,231 times
Quote:
I always enjoy this woman's posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships