Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 04:32 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,978,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
Sorry I took this thread off track.

Oh well, I cant argue with one of the chosen.

What a hypocrite... God that is. Unbelievable!
It is God that has given us life, and it is God that can take our life. This does not make God a hypocrite. And it appears you feel that you are = to or better than God. So you believe you have the same authority and right as God to take a life? Until you can create a universe, your still down here with the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 06:04 PM

661 posts, read 1,184,890 times
So God can and does change the rules, to suit himself? How can he expect any less of his imperfect creation to do likewise?

Old 02-05-2009, 06:26 PM

7,601 posts, read 6,103,045 times

Back to the original Post.
THere is something we can and do about Myths like Noah's Ark and the flood and all.
Basically, the Buck Stops Here. Or rahter the lie does.
I ahve already taught my kid's about Noah's Ark and about how it is a myth. It is a story, a story with a moral and with teachings and NO it does nto have anything to do with the prediciton of a future cataclysmic flood
My kids can use intellect, logic and reason to understand that this story is a myth and they can see why.
As for the rules God changes, well, see the above cartoon. It really makes the point better than I could.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:39 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,930,384 times
Wink Update 2009: Ark Expeditions. "Merrily We Float Along..."

MontanaGuy provided a link about a planned expedition. I've looked into it and apparently it was insufficiently funded and/or they ran into problems (as predicted) with the Turkish government. Perhaps those guys wanted more money under the table? Predictable.

I also found this potentially interesting and professional-looking site:

ArcImaging (Archaeological Imaging Research Consortium) Images

This site describes an effort by some Christian researchers to investigate via remote imaging, until they find what they want to find.

They also provide an intriquing and highly detailed photo of (their label): "Display of Expedition Equipment", in order, one assumes, you know, to validate the seriousness and high-tech nature of their effort:

Here it is. Brace yourselves. BTW, if any of you need assistance with explanations of each piece's use, don't hesitate to ask me.

http://arcimaging.org/DinnerImages/Equipment.jpg

I can only assume this study effort, dated in 2005, also failed, since there's no follow-up at this website. After all, far more sophisticated remote sensing efforts, utilizing military-grade equipment, had already been done, and the results posted in several places on the web:

Limestone/basalt typical geological montaine upthrust formation, no wood or fossilized wood remnants; no man-made relict structures. Not the Ark.

Well, keep on dreamin' boys and girls!

Old 06-11-2009, 11:52 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,930,384 times
Default Enhanced Photo Proof At Last!

The following fascinating website provides the photographic proof of The Ark, as seen if you scroll down on this link:

Noah's Ark Photos and Information (http://www.fellowshipinhislove.com/Noahsarkphotos.html - broken link)

I further enhanced the Ark photos they provided with my own software, and I'm now convinced that it is, truly The Ark. All it took was PhotoShop, obviously one of God's creations, to see the truith and the light.

My enhanced photo of The Ark?

Here it is.

http://www.admiral.bc.ca/titanic.jpg

Notice how clear it's become? And to think it was all in the original photo taken from that helicopter! Even the colors! Amazing, and so convincing.

Well, back to my quest for the Ark truth.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
MontanaGuy provided a link about a planned expedition. I've looked into it and apparently it was insufficiently funded and/or they ran into problems (as predicted) with the Turkish government. Perhaps those guys wanted more money under the table? Predictable.

I also found this potentially interesting and professional-looking site:

ArcImaging (Archaeological Imaging Research Consortium) Images

This site describes an effort by some Christian researchers to investigate via remote imaging, until they find what they want to find.

They also provide an intriquing and highly detailed photo of (their label): "Display of Expedition Equipment", in order, one assumes, you know, to validate the seriousness and high-tech nature of their effort:

Here it is. Brace yourselves. BTW, if any of you need assistance with explanations of each piece's use, don't hesitate to ask me.

http://arcimaging.org/DinnerImages/Equipment.jpg

I can only assume this study effort, dated in 2005, also failed, since there's no follow-up at this website. After all, far more sophisticated remote sensing efforts, utilizing military-grade equipment, had already been done, and the results posted in several places on the web:

Limestone/basalt typical geological montaine upthrust formation, no wood or fossilized wood remnants; no man-made relict structures. Not the Ark.

Well, keep on dreamin' boys and girls!
rifleman you keep talking about the wrong location. Where the limestone is located is not near the top of Mt. Ararat. That is another bogus location. The real Ark is 15,000 feet up, and near the top of Ararat. And that is the structure where photo interpreters have seen a large manmade object broken in two buried in ice, and that was confirmed by other eyewitiness accounts.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post

Back to the original Post.
THere is something we can and do about Myths like Noah's Ark and the flood and all.
Basically, the Buck Stops Here. Or rahter the lie does.
I ahve already taught my kid's about Noah's Ark and about how it is a myth. It is a story, a story with a moral and with teachings and NO it does nto have anything to do with the prediciton of a future cataclysmic flood
My kids can use intellect, logic and reason to understand that this story is a myth and they can see why.
As for the rules God changes, well, see the above cartoon. It really makes the point better than I could.
If the ark is a myth, why have numerous people for years have claimed to of seen it buried in ice near the top of Mt. Ararat and broken in two? And why have some photo interpreters seen a large manmade object at the top of Ararat broken in two as well? And why does almost every ancient cluture in their oral traditions speak of a worldwide flood?

Old 06-11-2009, 07:27 PM

33,572 posts, read 37,188,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If the ark is a myth, why have numerous people for years have claimed to of seen it buried in ice near the top of Mt. Ararat and broken in two? And why have some photo interpreters seen a large manmade object at the top of Ararat broken in two as well? And why does almost every ancient cluture in their oral traditions speak of a worldwide flood?
LOL....If the ark were real, why is there not solid evidence of it....All those that claimed to see it close up didn't even bother to take photos, or perhaps they are just pulling the wool over your eyes....It's a myth Campbell....There is no ark, and there was no world wide flood......There is no evidence for either.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:21 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,837,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
If the entire world was covered with water that would mean that Noah would have to also include every species of insect in the world and there are countless millions of them and we're finding more all the time. Insects are pretty tough little critters but I'm not aware of any who are adapted to deep sea living. So first of all how did a couple of little beetles from a rain forest in South America make the trip across continents and oceans to the arc? And for that matter how did any animal like a kangaroo for example get from Australia which is surrounded by oceans to the arc?
Here's another really big problem. If all of the land was covered with water for months as described in the Bible then all of the plants would die. Have any of you ever seen a carrot or potato growing at the bottom of the ocean? I don't think so. Plants need light and carbon dioxide in order for photosynthesis to occur. That means they have to be exposed to the atmosphere. If the planet had really been covered with water for such a long period of time every spud, yam, tree and every last blade of grass would be as dead as a doornail.
Ok, let's hear what kinds of crazy ideas can explain all of that away.:)

The Deluge of Noah

The Deluge of Noah did not involve the entire earth as a whole; it involved one country: Iraq in particular where Noah lived in the Mesopotamia near Niniveh (Mosul city).

Then when Noah's people denied him and insisted on their idolatry rather than believing in God alone, his people were punished (as are all people who deny their apostle) by exterminating them by means of the flood which covered all the land in that country.

Moreover, Noah took with him in the Ark a pair of each kind of the cattle (like the sheep and the goat) and the poultry (like the hen and the duck) and such useful animals (as the horse, the camel, the donkey, and the dog may be); because all the animals in that region would be destroyed by that devastating flood.

And it cannot be that he took the wolves, the lions, the snakes ...etc.

The excavations in Iraq uncovered many layers of alluvium covering some villages and towns.

http://quranandhebrewbible.t35.com

Last edited by eanassir; 06-11-2009 at 11:36 PM..

Old 06-12-2009, 08:28 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,962,084 times
Quote:
If the ark is a myth, why have numerous people for years have claimed to of seen it buried in ice near the top of Mt. Ararat and broken in two?
Same reason numerous people for years has seen Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster.

Quote:
And why have some photo interpreters seen a large manmade object at the top of Ararat broken in two as well?
Because those "some" are seeing what they want to see. For the objective photo recon interpreter, they have repeatedly said concerning the Ararat Anomoly, "We don't know what it is."

Quote:
And why does almost every ancient cluture in their oral traditions speak of a worldwide flood?
Because if you repeat a lie long enough it becomes truth. The statement, "Almost every ancient culture speak of a worldwide flood" simply isn't true. Many of them do, but not "almost every". Besides, cultural contamination from Christianity accounts for a lot of it.

Nihon Kitty has stated it before and I will a repeat it. IF a flood killed EVERYONE on the planet except Noah and his family, how could there be anyone from these ancient cultures to remember it? It makes no logical sense. But of course I know what you'll say. Noah and his family repopulated the earth and took the story with them to the different parts of the world. Nevermind that the Gilgamesh Epic predates the Noah story and there is a Sumarian version that predates them both.

Last edited by Fullback32; 06-12-2009 at 08:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality