Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 03:00 PM

740 posts, read 2,014,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksony1969 View Post
Yes, He Was Returned On 25 Dec 1969 Ys I M A Jesus
What? Are you saying that you are a Jesus...? Are you a mormon? I am just wondering what you are saying here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 03:07 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,200,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu108 View Post
If it turned out to be true..........If The Day of The Lord came, and you were an unbeliever, would you finally believe, when seeing Him come down from the clouds? I have a friend who is Agnostic who says that their view would be: they don't believe unless they see it, so if it happened, they would then believe. How about Atheists? Do you feel the same way? If He came down right now, and you were face to face, would you repent, or rebel against Him still, and choose hell for eternity? We all know I allready believe in Him, so I know it He will come, but some don't think it will happen.

It's just a simple question: Which would you do; believe and repent or reject and perish in hell?

Thanks!
LuLu
I'm a Christian, but I question alot more than most Christians do. IMHO, I think it's obvious that athiests don't believe because they don't see physical proof that there is a God. It just doesn't seem logical to them. So, hypothetically, if Jesus returned tomorrow...I think they would definately be presented with some proof! I think some would "repent". I think that more still would attempt to rationally explain it all away...

Old 06-20-2007, 06:37 PM

279 posts, read 1,348,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to imply all non-Christians were atheists. I was including others in the "(or whoever else)" part of my sentence like LuLu has indicated. However, I can see where that wasn't abundantly clear, so I do apologize for any offense given.
I apologize but I didn't realize that you had written "or whoever else". I just get frustrated when people categorize and say "athiests" to everyone and it may refer to people who just happen to believe in a God, but necessarily in the Christian God or Jesus.

Old 11-13-2020, 08:30 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
.....So, hypothetically, if Jesus returned tomorrow...I think they would definately be presented with some proof! I think some would "repent". I think that more still would attempt to rationally explain it all away...
I find the 'presented with some proof ' is that the Now international proclaiming about God's kingdom, thy kingdom come.... (Daniel 2:44) Now being done on a world-wide global scale is the proof.
How a person responds to the good-news message (Matthew 24:14) shows one's heart condition towards listening or not.
The listening ones ' repent ' so as Not to ' perish ' (be destroyed) - 2nd Peter 3:9
Thus, by the soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37 Jesus, as King, reads hearts and knows who are the figurative humble ' sheep ' or the haughty ' goats '.

Old 11-13-2020, 09:35 PM

50,823 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
(sorry, but I AM a believer and will post anyway )

I don't think anyone will be able to deny the truth when they are faced with it. However, I think the dilemma will be...What will they DO with the truth once they are faced with it? I think there will be some that will fall to their knees and cry and beg God for forgivness. I think there will still be some that will be too proud and stubborn to give glory where it is due...But hey, that's juts IMO
The problem is not whether or not there is a god. Atheists will, for the most part, admit what is realized is real. The real question is -- does that mean you respect it. Much of what I see in the Old Testament should not be respected. Let the chips fall where they may.

Old 11-14-2020, 08:58 AM

19,039 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Nothing will happen. If you follow the Christian dogma, Yeshua already did it once. To what result? His disciples denied him right away. Even with fingers in his open wounds. Do you really think, humans changed much from those times? Times, when gods were living among humans and encountering them, was common routine? And now, you have times, when fake reality is created at will and ANY realistic image can be projected onto minds. When things spiritual are laughed at. He, likely, would be considered another junkie or, mind troubled guy, wandering the streets. His own priests will deny Him.

Nothing will change. Unless he'll come in full blazing warfare type power, but, then again - what will happen to all the other religions faithful believers and, to their countries? With THEIR gods protecting them?

Seriously...

You want example of how dead p[eople can come among us?
See for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PObUosg5ZUg

And examples are plentiful of such tech.

Old 11-14-2020, 09:26 AM

50,823 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu_IWG View Post
If it turned out to be true..........If The Day of The Lord came, and you were an unbeliever, would you finally believe, when seeing Him come down from the clouds? I have a friend who is Agnostic who says that their view would be: they don't believe unless they see it, so if it happened, they would then believe. How about Atheists? Do you feel the same way? If He came down right now, and you were face to face, would you repent, or rebel against Him still, and choose hell for eternity? We all know I allready believe in Him, so I know it He will come, but some don't think it will happen.

It's just a simple question: Which would you do; believe and repent or reject and perish in hell?

Thanks!
LuLu
Well, Little Lulu, I know that many of you christians with your ego assume you're right about all things spiritual...and that's because you're "special"...but let's turn your little 'insult post' (because that's what it is) around.

Let's say that this afternoon, at 3:11 p.m., you die. And as you slip into that...well, that something...that you suddenly realize that you are the one who was wrong. That the christian god didn't exist at all. That instead the Buddhists were right, and now you have to answer for that bad karma that you created by not respecting other people's religion. That you now have to pay the price in karma for that ego. Because, as many Buddhists believe, there's always karma. What are you going to do then?

Or, 3:11 rolls around and you suddenly realize that oops...it's not christian gods...it's Hindu gods you weren't properly worshipping?

Or maybe Shinto was the correct answer.

Little Lulu may not have the right answers at all. So what would you do then if you lived a life based on the wrong religion. After all, "It's just a simple question".

Old 11-14-2020, 09:38 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
That one (if God himself appeared atheists would still deny it) again. The answer is, if God himself 'came down' and said that Islam was correct, would Christians believe, repent, turn and be saved, or deny it as a trick of the devil?

The atheists would (correctly) be skeptical and ask for some convincing evidence that this was indeed God and not some Alien claiming to be the Creator and asking for the loan of a Starship.

Old 11-14-2020, 10:08 AM

19,039 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Sorry, I was sidetracked on my post above.. what I was intending to say, with hologram example, is that, if needed, any image can be produced for crowds. Catered to whatever needs necessary. Political, ideological, religious.
Seeing something does, now, prove nothing. Matter of fact, enough street magicians, upon demand, to produce pretty much any "miracle" necessary.

Old 11-14-2020, 03:57 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Who was it said: 'Any science, if sufficiently advanced, is indistinguishable from magic."? (1)

Or the image of the divine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZL74SU_Tfc

(1) A.C Clarke's 1st law. I should have known.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 11-14-2020 at 04:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality