Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 10:37 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,523,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
Whether or not one believes in the Bible, God, Jesus or anything information related to them, there will come a time when, as it states in Romans 14:11, "it is written, as I live, says that Lord, every knee shall bow to Me and every tongue shall confess to God."

So the time is coming whether one is ready or not, like it or not.

I love this verse, it tells me that when Jesus returns it will be seen and known worldwide and be of such glory, beauty and magnificence that no one will doubt that it is Him. Read the words carefully EVERY knee shall bow. EVERY tongue shall confess to God Satan, the Antichrist, the magicians would never have the WHOLE world seeing them or believing in them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 11:03 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,866,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
I'm trying so very hard to be angry with you. I want to be angry with you, but I can't and only feel sorrow for you. I want to say someone will say I told you so, but can't do that either for I don't want there to be I told you so in your future.

What I can say is this...

Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.
Why be angry? Sorrow for me? You're the one seething in anger and judgement. Who's the one who's out of control here and might needs God's help? And if you feel sorrow or pity for another man or woman, that means that you have now inserted yourself into a position of power over another. A position that is un-rightfully taken (read: oppression). Again, you have no position of authority over another human's spirit or soul, including me (except your kids until they reach 18 maybe, although they may fight you on that). That was ratified in the First Amendment of the Constitution for one, and is a basic human right as another.

I don't feel sorrow nor anger toward you, FWIW. I have to go finish mowing the lawn now. See ya.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:19 AM

740 posts, read 2,014,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu108 View Post
If it turned out to be true..........If The Day of The Lord came, and you were an unbeliever, would you finally believe, when seeing Him come down from the clouds? I have a friend who is Agnostic who says that their view would be: they don't believe unless they see it, so if it happened, they would then believe. How about Atheists? Do you feel the same way? If He came down right now, and you were face to face, would you repent, or rebel against Him still, and choose hell for eternity? We all know I allready believe in Him, so I know it He will come, but some don't think it will happen.

It's just a simple question: Which would you do; believe and repent or reject and perish in hell?

Thanks!
LuLu

Then there would be no more debates on here... because every knee will bow and every tongue will confess. It is my prayer that before that happens, that everyone would come to be saved... uplifted eyes~!

Old 06-19-2007, 11:29 AM

740 posts, read 2,014,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I would have to see it before I could believe it. This has been the most postponed event in human history so I'm not expecting it but I'm always open to new evidence and if I looked up and observed a spectacular event in the sky which turned out to be the return of Jesus I'd probably just mutter something like "this doesn't look good dude!" and promply die of cardiac arrest. By the way, being the skeptic that I am, the only way that Jesus could come down from the heavens and be seen by everyone at the same time would be if the world was flat (just thought I'd throw that in).

Not really.... God is omnipresent .... Jesus' return will be omnipresent............

Old 06-19-2007, 11:37 AM

688 posts, read 2,837,634 times
Hello everyone! I have read every single one of these posts and I just want to say thank you for your responses. I do want to clarify that in no way would I try to implicate that Atheists are stupid. That was not my intention and is not my way of thinking.

The way I worded out my post was in reference to a couple of things and there are many other examples throughout the Bible but I was thinking about these:

In John Chapter 12:37 "Even after Jesus had done all these miraculous signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him."

and with Thomas, who was one of the disciples, who walked with Jesus and stood by him during this time and saw everything Jesus had done, believed he was who he said he was, and even though Jesus told them that he was going but that he would be back soon and with him he would bring the Comforter, Thomas still would not believe it until he actually saw him, but not only saw him with his own eyes, but he would have to touch the wounds on his hands and his side even before he'd believe he was resurrected.

Now, that's just an example, but it makes total sense to me. Because I can understand how it just seems so impossible to so many people. Something of that magnitude, so awesome and magnificent, how could it actually be possible that it could happen? Especially, when Thomas had to take the other disciples word for it. He didn't believe by them telling him, he had to experience it in a certain way before he'd believe it. I mean, we as human beings, are just stunned when faced with something of this magnitude, and therefore, it's may seem as outright insanity to many to believe in such things.

This is why I asked in the way I did. There are people who believe without seeing as Jesus says to Thomas in John 20:29 "Then Jesus told him, 'Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.'"

And the woman who followed Jesus in the crowd and just knew that if she could just touch his garment that she would receive the healing. That type of faith is what Jesus is referencing when he says "blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

And the Centurion, who was clearly on the other side here, but when faced with with the sickness of his servant whom he valued highly, he knew he would die. The centurion was an unbeliever but sent out to find Jesus to heal his servant. Jesus said "I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel." He had the faith that all that Jesus had to do was say the word and he would be healed, not even having to come to his house and stand over him!

Some people will believe such as this. Some people will believe when faced with proof, and that seems to vary on the types of proof they would require, but nonetheless, they need evidence first. And some, will not believe ever, even when faced with the truth, as the Jews did in John Chapter 12.

This is why I asked the question in this way. According to God's Word, which we hold as truth, one day, Jesus will return and you will be faced with this choice.

Now, there are many speculations here. About the likelyhood of this event even happening, and it goes hand in hand with believing and having faith. I believe God gives us many opportunities to step out in faith during our lives. We have the choice.

Sometimes, things can happen, like in my life, when suddenly I was faced with the possible death of my 3 year old little girl. I thought about it pretty intently. I was a desperate mother with nothing to lose. I had many people speak to me about the Lord throughout my life and I still just inside didn't want to believe, because it sounded so impossible. When I found myself without hope, doctors telling me it could be her last night alive, I suddenly realized that maybe, just maybe if I put a little faith in Him right now, since I could no longer put faith in the hands of science alone, just maybe it could save her life! I did it, I prayed and I cried and pleaded with the Lord, please, give me back my little girl. He did just that, and do you know, that for the next few weeks, so many unexplainable, but great things had happened that just wowed me.

But I believe now, looking back on it, that it was because of my initial faith in the Lord, that is why He began to reveal himself to me. I don't think He keeps himself a secret at all. We have to have that initial faith, and then wow! Things just really change from that moment on.

A few weeks later, I gave my heart completely to the Lord. And I stand strong in my faith in Him, and that time at the hospital, that is a great part of it, but once I received the Holy Spirit, I knew, for a fact, that He was indeed real. Once you receive that Spirit, it is a feeling and experience like none other. It is hard to explain it in a way that could easily be understood by someone who doesn't know it. But if you take that intial step, I believe the Lord will show you, and He will direct your path right to Him. He waits, he is very patient. I am so very grateful that He is. I hope and pray that someone here will notice when they are given another opportunity, and that they will take that first step. I did it because I figured, I had nothing to lose. But I didn't do it as a "test", I did it because I truly in my heart wanted to believe, and then He helped me the rest of the way.

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings of my OP. I am not here to belittle anyone. I hope you all see that.

LuLu

Old 06-19-2007, 08:23 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,791,098 times
Quote:
Sometimes, things can happen, like in my life, when suddenly I was faced with the possible death of my 3 year old little girl. I thought about it pretty intently. I was a desperate mother with nothing to lose. I had many people speak to me about the Lord throughout my life and I still just inside didn't want to believe, because it sounded so impossible. When I found myself without hope, doctors telling me it could be her last night alive, I suddenly realized that maybe, just maybe if I put a little faith in Him right now, since I could no longer put faith in the hands of science alone, just maybe it could save her life! I did it, I prayed and I cried and pleaded with the Lord, please, give me back my little girl. He did just that, and do you know, that for the next few weeks, so many unexplainable, but great things had happened that just wowed me.

But I believe now, looking back on it, that it was because of my initial faith in the Lord, that is why He began to reveal himself to me. I don't think He keeps himself a secret at all. We have to have that initial faith, and then wow! Things just really change from that moment on.

A few weeks later, I gave my heart completely to the Lord. And I stand strong in my faith in Him, and that time at the hospital, that is a great part of it, but once I received the Holy Spirit, I knew, for a fact, that He was indeed real. Once you receive that Spirit, it is a feeling and experience like none other. It is hard to explain it in a way that could easily be understood by someone who doesn't know it. But if you take that intial step, I believe the Lord will show you, and He will direct your path right to Him. He waits, he is very patient. I am so very grateful that He is. I hope and pray that someone here will notice when they are given another opportunity, and that they will take that first step. I did it because I figured, I had nothing to lose. But I didn't do it as a "test", I did it because I truly in my heart wanted to believe, and then He helped me the rest of the way.

LuLu,
What a beautiful testimony!

As I was reading through the thread, I wondered, when Jesus comes back and everyone falls to there knees, will the unbelievers who then "believe" be forgiven? Like the thief on the cross. I would have to believe that they will.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:07 AM

954 posts, read 813,880 times
Quote:
Hello everyone! I have read every single one of these posts and I just want to say thank you for your responses. I do want to clarify that in no way would I try to implicate that Atheists are stupid. That was not my intention and is not my way of thinking.

The way I worded out my post was in reference to a couple of things and there are many other examples throughout the Bible but I was thinking about these:

In John Chapter 12:37 "Even after Jesus had done all these miraculous signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him."

and with Thomas, who was one of the disciples, who walked with Jesus and stood by him during this time and saw everything Jesus had done, believed he was who he said he was, and even though Jesus told them that he was going but that he would be back soon and with him he would bring the Comforter, Thomas still would not believe it until he actually saw him, but not only saw him with his own eyes, but he would have to touch the wounds on his hands and his side even before he'd believe he was resurrected.

Now, that's just an example, but it makes total sense to me. Because I can understand how it just seems so impossible to so many people. Something of that magnitude, so awesome and magnificent, how could it actually be possible that it could happen? Especially, when Thomas had to take the other disciples word for it. He didn't believe by them telling him, he had to experience it in a certain way before he'd believe it. I mean, we as human beings, are just stunned when faced with something of this magnitude, and therefore, it's may seem as outright insanity to many to believe in such things.

This is why I asked in the way I did. There are people who believe without seeing as Jesus says to Thomas in John 20:29 "Then Jesus told him, 'Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.'"

And the woman who followed Jesus in the crowd and just knew that if she could just touch his garment that she would receive the healing. That type of faith is what Jesus is referencing when he says "blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

And the Centurion, who was clearly on the other side here, but when faced with with the sickness of his servant whom he valued highly, he knew he would die. The centurion was an unbeliever but sent out to find Jesus to heal his servant. Jesus said "I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel." He had the faith that all that Jesus had to do was say the word and he would be healed, not even having to come to his house and stand over him!

Some people will believe such as this. Some people will believe when faced with proof, and that seems to vary on the types of proof they would require, but nonetheless, they need evidence first. And some, will not believe ever, even when faced with the truth, as the Jews did in John Chapter 12.

This is why I asked the question in this way. According to God's Word, which we hold as truth, one day, Jesus will return and you will be faced with this choice.

Now, there are many speculations here. About the likelyhood of this event even happening, and it goes hand in hand with believing and having faith. I believe God gives us many opportunities to step out in faith during our lives. We have the choice.

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings of my OP. I am not here to belittle anyone. I hope you all see that.

LuLu
The problem here Christians is that you all quote verses and stories ad nausium from your bible in an attempt to demonstrate that what you are telling us is 'the truth', and because the bible is 'true', we should all believe what you are telling us. In reality, it proves absolutely nothing to us because we don't believe that the bible is true. It really is such a waste of your typing skills peeps! Your argument is circular! Basically you're saying you know there's such a thing as god because the bible says there is, yet you are unable to prove to us that the bible is true other than by your belief that it is. There is no reason to think that the Bible is the word of god. In fact, there is reason to think that it's not. The bible contains errors and contradictions. If it was really the word of god, it wouldn't be.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:56 AM

279 posts, read 1,348,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
The problem here Christians is that you all quote verses and stories ad nausium from your bible in an attempt to demonstrate that what you are telling us is 'the truth', and because the bible is 'true', we should all believe what you are telling us. In reality, it proves absolutely nothing to us because we don't believe that the bible is true. It really is such a waste of your typing skills peeps! Your argument is circular! Basically you're saying you know there's such a thing as god because the bible says there is, yet you are unable to prove to us that the bible is true other than by your belief that it is. There is no reason to think that the Bible is the word of god. In fact, there is reason to think that it's not. The bible contains errors and contradictions. If it was really the word of god, it wouldn't be.
Thank you so much for posting this. This is so true!! It's like all of a sudden all the non believers are going to see verses from the Bible quoted to prove believer's beliefs and we're going to say "OH OK!! NOW I see what you guys are talking about. It ALL makes sense now" I mean come on, enough with the quotes since it really doesn't help.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:02 AM

3 posts, read 6,701 times
Yes, He Was Returned On 25 Dec 1969 Ys I M A Jesus

Old 06-20-2007, 06:06 AM

279 posts, read 1,348,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksony1969 View Post
Yes, He Was Returned On 25 Dec 1969 Ys I M A Jesus
Huh? Come again....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality