Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 09:49 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,895 times

Advertisements

Oh I remember back in the 90's when I was in church (a doomsday end of times mark of the beast new world order church) and we were preparing for the end times. I am embarrassed now that I think back about it. Goes in my Hall Of Shame memory file.... when debit cards were introduced backed then we were encouraged to stock up on water and food because that was the sure sign that the return of that guy was near! HaHa! So glad I clawed my way out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 08:09 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
My nephew just left, and I was astonished at the things he was saying, and wondering if any of you feel the same as him. He said within two years we would have a new world order; the USA will be a third world country. He said that the one world currency is already here, and will be put in use within this time. He and his family have stockpiled a ton of food and water. You name it; they have it figured out. They have invested in quite a few guns and ammo to keep people away who haven't prepared, as they have.

Have any of you prepared to this extent, or know anyone who has?

Someone has been listening to too much Glenn Beck.

Cure: go outside and wonder at God's creation and play some soccer.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:56 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
My nephew just left, and I was astonished at the things he was saying, and wondering if any of you feel the same as him. He said within two years we would have a new world order; the USA will be a third world country. He said that the one world currency is already here, and will be put in use within this time. He and his family have stockpiled a ton of food and water. You name it; they have it figured out. They have invested in quite a few guns and ammo to keep people away who haven't prepared, as they have.

He said what was coming will make the depression look like a cake walk. Farmers won't be able to afford gas for their machines. They won't be able to produce food, and if they could, trucks won't be able to afford the gas to get food to us. Big cities will shut down, but, a lot of small towns will oppose the government, and take up arms against them. . He said FEMA will be in charge.and those who haven't prepared will starve to death, our current money, gold, etc... won't be worth anything.

He said all you have to do is watch what is happening with Israel to see these things. He was telling me that we had better start stockpiling NOW! I'm someone who struggles with faith, and I was telling him that I had a lot of questions to ask him. (But right now, it's Friday evening, and I have to get ready to go out to dinner) He said the bible does NOT contradict itself, and that he could explain anything I asked him about God, Jesus, the bible. It's been my understanding that God doesn't want anyone to worry about planning ahead.

CELENTE PREDICTS REVOLUTION, FOOD RIOTS, TAX REBELLIONS BY 2012

Trend forecaster, renowned for being accurate in the past, says that America will cease to be a developed nation within 4 years, crisis will be "WORSE THAN THE GREAT DEPRESSION".

Celente Predicts Revolution, Food Riots, Tax Rebellions By 2012

Old 07-06-2010, 03:12 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Oh I remember back in the 90's when I was in church (a doomsday end of times mark of the beast new world order church) and we were preparing for the end times. I am embarrassed now that I think back about it. Goes in my Hall Of Shame memory file.... when debit cards were introduced backed then we were encouraged to stock up on water and food because that was the sure sign that the return of that guy was near! HaHa! So glad I clawed my way out.

Celente Predicts Revolution, Food Riots, Tax Rebellions by 2012

Trend forecaster, (RENOWNED FOR BEING ACCURATE IN THE PAST,) says that America will cease to be a developed nation within 4 years, crisis will be "WORSE THAN THE GREAT DEPRESSION"

Old 07-06-2010, 05:25 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
People have been preparing for the end of the world since people became aware of the world around them.

Live life as if there were no tomorrow, and it doesn't matter.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:34 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
CELENTE PREDICTS REVOLUTION, FOOD RIOTS, TAX REBELLIONS BY 2012

Trend forecaster, renowned for being accurate in the past, says that America will cease to be a developed nation within 4 years, crisis will be "WORSE THAN THE GREAT DEPRESSION".
Well...there ya go! A trend forecaster renowned for being accurate in the past says so. The debate is over. As a famous poster from the 1960s advised, bend over and kiss your @ss goodbye!

Old 07-06-2010, 10:54 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post

SO in the End...Your wealth comes to nothing!
So you've disposed of all yours huh Les?

Old 07-06-2010, 10:59 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
Quote:
Of course I have. You never know when the zombies will come.

http://media.comicmix.com/media/2009/08/19/zombie-survival-kit.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-06-2010, 07:04 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Celente Predicts Revolution, Food Riots, Tax Rebellions by 2012

Trend forecaster, (RENOWNED FOR BEING ACCURATE IN THE PAST,) says that America will cease to be a developed nation within 4 years, crisis will be "WORSE THAN THE GREAT DEPRESSION"

While an interesting article, it doesn't hold water with me. I would hate to think that the majority of Americans would resort to rioting. Oh if it does happen though where will that leave savior Obama?! That would be the only good thing!

Old 08-13-2010, 11:15 AM

124 posts, read 173,831 times
End of Days? Are you sure he didn't mean End of Gays? That's a pretty popular theme among the Fundies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality