Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 02:36 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,035,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasa View Post
He didn't create Satan. He created angels and some of them chose to disobey God, Satan being the first. When he disobeyed God, that's when he became Satan. It's all in the Bible for all to read.

God is going to get rid of Satan. That's also in the Bible.
Hmm... sounds like he created Satan to me (a rose by any other name..). Or are you saying he didn't have the foresight to see that this angel would turn into Satan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 02:38 PM

409 posts, read 399,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Not a bit of good trying to discuss omniscience with Avasa. He appears not to know what the word means.
I am a she.

I do know the meaning and thought that I had explained it easy enough for you to understand.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:02 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,219,073 times
Quote:
He didn't create Satan. He created angels and some of them chose to disobey God, Satan being the first. When he disobeyed God, that's when he became Satan. It's all in the Bible for all to read.

God is going to get rid of Satan. That's also in the Bible.
Can you please provide the scripture where this can be found because I've read the bible hundreds of times and I have never seen this anywhere in scripture....in fact, in the book of Job, satan has to specifically ask god for permission to torture Job...did you miss that?

Old 07-21-2010, 03:09 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,871,706 times
Quote:
I do know the meaning and thought that I had explained it easy enough for you to understand.
No, you didn't explain it all. All you did was post meaningless nonsense that had absolutely nothing to do with what I asked you.

The question was...due to the omniscience of your deity he would have know everything that would happen regarding his 'creation'. Why then did he continue with it knowing that A+E would disobey, knowing that his angels would rebel, knowing that he would have to destroy everything and start again etc etc?

Please address that particular point instead of rambling incoherently about things that have nothing to do with what I'm asking you.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:21 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,926,738 times
Quote:
Satan, while not as powerful as Almighty God, does have much power and is capable of causing many to disobey God.
Yeah; I feel Satan's influence daily on my heathen scientific life.....

Quote:
Not so much, by what I'm reading here. You seem to be contradicting yourself, often..... That's the problem with trying to defend this whole myth. Pinocchio learned a long time ago that lies and contradictions only worsen as you try to defend them....

Quote:
Please address that particular point instead of rambling incoherently about things that have nothing to do with what I'm asking you.

You DO realize what you're asking for here, right, Rafi?

Old 07-21-2010, 03:52 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,661,769 times
You guys are doing it AGAIN! Asking questions about the "what, how, and whys" of the attributes assigned to God by the self-serving men that perverted the ancient writings. You may as well ask about the details of what Atlas was standing on as he held up the Earth.

Here, this will help to spare you much of this--Take it as a given that most of what is written in that book can't be counted on as legit because of the corrupting additions and deletions that occurred (that you ALL are already aware of) over the previous centuries.

Of course I know the "real deal" of your questioning is to expose exactly what I just said...and emphasize it. So, carry on...and I guess I'll try to find the humor in it.

I mean let's, be real...the closest thing you are going to get to omnipotence...that's directly observable---is a really, really intelligent woman that is also really, really rich, and really, really beautiful. Now, THERE is an entity that can do just about anything!! LOL!

Old 07-21-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Can you please provide the scripture where this can be found because I've read the bible hundreds of times and I have never seen this anywhere in scripture....in fact, in the book of Job, satan has to specifically ask god for permission to torture Job...did you miss that?
He had to ask because God is Almighty, Satan isn't.

John 8:44 mentions Satan's beginning as the Father of the lie.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
No, you didn't explain it all. All you did was post meaningless nonsense that had absolutely nothing to do with what I asked you.

The question was...due to the omniscience of your deity he would have know everything that would happen regarding his 'creation'. Why then did he continue with it knowing that A+E would disobey, knowing that his angels would rebel, knowing that he would have to destroy everything and start again etc etc?

God didn't make us in a way that our obedience would be automatic. He wanted us to obey him because we love him.

Would you rather someone to do something for you because they are forced to or because they want to?

Old 07-22-2010, 12:14 AM

33,567 posts, read 37,175,863 times
Quote:
God didn't make us in a way that our obedience would be automatic. He wanted us to obey him because we love him.
Your god has a humongous ego...I thought humility was a virtue
Quote:
Would you rather someone to do something for you because they are forced to or because they want to?
How is it not forced? Disobey god and get tortured for eternity...Sounds forced to me...

Why won't you answer my question? If God is omnipotent why doesn't he get rid of satan? If he can't or won't he is either not omnipotent, he likes evil and it's all just a game to him..That would make him an evil god.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:16 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,871,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
You DO realize what you're asking for here, right, Rafi?
Sorry mate! An act of pure optimism to have posed it in the first place. Don't know what came over me.

Quote:

There you go!! You're still doing it. Meaningless ramblings that are totally unrelated to what I asked you. Why do you have such a problem with the question? It not really a difficult question is it? The question is about OMNISCIENCE not 'free-will'. Either you don't understand what the word means or you are blatantly and deliberately avoiding the question (I'll go for the latter).

OMNISCIENCE means all knowing. It means that if you are omniscient you know the past AND the future. Given that, take yourself back to the day when your god decided to create everything and ask yourself why your god created A+E when he knew fully that they would disobey and what the outcome of that disobedience would be.

Try to understand what I'm saying here. Put yourself in your god's position. The plans are on the table. You are going to create a universe and create two people to populate it. But before you even start the job, you know that it will fail....and fail to such an extent that you will have to destroy everything and start again. Now why would you continue when you have the knowledge of that happening?

Last edited by Rafius; 07-22-2010 at 12:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality