Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 12:50 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,496,632 times

Advertisements

I'm really hoping that someone can help me understand this. Where does the Bible talk about the people with personality disorders? I'm not referring to the mentally challenged or the schizophrenics or bi-polars, etc. I'm referring to the personality disorders~Anti-social Personality Disorder, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Borderlines, etc. I've often wondered if the story where the demons are exorcised and put into the pigs, but I'm not sure if that story really fits this either. Does anyone have any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2007, 12:57 PM

1,247 posts, read 929,634 times
I wonder how many people have been accused of being demon possessed when they were simply suffering from an abnormal psychological condition.

Old 04-08-2007, 02:32 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,496,632 times
There were probably a lot of them in the past and awful things were done to them. Some of them were given electric shock treatments and housed in "insane asylums" for years. But the mentally disturbed aren't the ones I'm referring to.

I'm referring to people who are without a conscience. People who as children torture, kill, and disect animals for fun. They grow up to loathe and despise everyone who doesn't worship them and see what superior beings they are. They love no one except themselves. Their main goal in life is to get what they can get, but never give in return, whether it be financial gain, love, or anything else you can think of. They need to have "supply" (love and adoration and total submissiveness). They lie just cause they feel like it and often for no reason. They thrive and grow when they can hurt others. They have no sense of humor cause every joke is just stupid to them. They only smile when they're "drawing someone in". Some of them are accomplished sociopaths, meaning they've always gotten their way by being "smoothe" and enticing. They've never had to commit illegal acts in order to get what they want. (Ted Bundy was in this category) They enjoy seeing the pain of others. I'm still hoping someone has Bible references to these type of characteristics.

Old 04-08-2007, 02:47 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,153,508 times
Perhaps Proverbs 5:4-10 begins to address something close to what you describe--in the newer translations.

Old 04-08-2007, 04:55 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,204,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
...They enjoy seeing the pain of others. I'm still hoping someone has Bible references to these type of characteristics.
Sure, satan, Pharoah, nebuchadrezzar, and Harod.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:54 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,102,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Perhaps Proverbs 5:4-10 begins to address something close to what you describe--in the newer translations.

Explain please! This is talking about adultery and its perils (particularly about an immoral woman).

Or...what new translation did you use?

Old 04-08-2007, 06:42 PM

This came up in the concordance as "socio-path." I suppose someone thinks an immoral woman is "crazy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post
Explain please! This is talking about adultery and its perils (particularly about an immoral woman).

Or...what new translation did you use?

Old 04-08-2007, 06:48 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,102,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
This came up in the concordance as "socio-path." I suppose someone thinks an immoral woman is "crazy."
LOL! Or would make him crazy!

Old 04-08-2007, 06:50 PM

Most likely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post
LOL! Or would make him crazy!

Old 04-08-2007, 07:22 PM

642 posts, read 3,076,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
I'm really hoping that someone can help me understand this. Where does the Bible talk about the people with personality disorders? I'm not referring to the mentally challenged or the schizophrenics or bi-polars, etc. I'm referring to the personality disorders~Anti-social Personality Disorder, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Borderlines, etc. I've often wondered if the story where the demons are exorcised and put into the pigs, but I'm not sure if that story really fits this either. Does anyone have any ideas?
I am a bit confused by your question. Are you asking if there are passages in the bible that address/discuss/refer to sociopaths etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality