Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 10:10 PM

454 posts, read 498,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy1192 View Post
I am currently a member of the Protestant United Methodist Church, but I've recently discovered about the religion I mentioned in the title and am sort of interested in it.

Tell about some details about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints religion... I'd like to know more about it.
LDS teach a false doctrine which says that their baptism is the only legitimate baptism.

They are similar to the Roman Catholic Church in that they believe their church is the only true church and therefore their church is necessary for salvation.

I recommend steering clear until your knowledge of Scripture is extremely deep. Satan is an amazingly deceptive being.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:28 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
I am currently a member of the Protestant United Methodist Church, but I've recently discovered about the religion I mentioned in the title and am sort of interested in it.

Tell about some details about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints religion... I'd like to know more about it.
Hello, flguy. I have been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 61 years. I know my religion very well and would be happy to answer any questions you may have about it. I will be 100% honest in my answers and won't hedge on the "difficult" questions. I would prefer to do so, however, via DM (Direct Message). As you can see from the answers you've received so far, everybody and their dog thinks they're an expert on Mormonism. About 90% of what has been posted so far is the kind of information you'd get if you were to rely on the National Enquirer for your world news. It's just too difficult to carry on a serious conversation in the kind of environment that exists here.

If you were looking for accurate information on Judaism, who would you ask? A Muslim? Would you expect a Hindu to be your best source of information on Islam? If someone wanted to know about the United Methodist Church, do you think that a Jehovah's Witness would be able to provide him with better information than you could? I'm sure you can understand my point.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Hello, flguy. I have been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 61 years. I know my religion very well and would be happy to answer any questions you may have about it. I will be 100% honest in my answers and won't hedge on the "difficult" questions. I would prefer to do so, however, via DM (Direct Message). As you can see from the answers you've received so far, everybody and their dog thinks they're an expert on Mormonism. About 90% of what has been posted so far is the kind of information you'd get if you were to rely on the National Enquirer for your world news. It's just too difficult to carry on a serious conversation in the kind of environment that exists here.

If you were looking for accurate information on Judaism, who would you ask? A Muslim? Would you expect a Hindu to be your best source of information on Islam? If someone wanted to know about the United Methodist Church, do you think that a Jehovah's Witness would be able to provide him with better information than you could? I'm sure you can understand my point.
I advise against accepting such an invitation. Mormonism is false doctrine which can not stand up under the light of the truth.

I advise that you do not enter into the lions den if you are not fully armed with the word of God.

Mormonism is like JW's. It seemingly starts with Christ but it all finishes up in the Book of Mormon (JW's in the WatchTower).

A Mormon will like telling you they make bold claims, but the important point to note is that they aren't bold in Christ, they simply make bold claims about their church. It's called self-exaltation and Jesus Christ hates it.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:37 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,122,387 times
Quote:

I'd recommend not listening to the "anti-Mormons" in that there is of course huge bias and false or partial truths. If you are sincere in your quest, I'd recommend reading the Book of Mormon it will tell you all you need to know. Plenty of converts over here, much of the Church is made up of converts. In fact, where my family is from there was a large amount of conversion from the Methodist church to the LDS church throughout the last 100 years.
As Hueffenhardt said we do believe in personal revelation, confirmed by the holy spirit through sincere prayer. Most "Christian" churces idolize their pastors/priests and many live their testimonies of the gospel through charismatic preachers. We do not do that, the church is run by the membership through lay ministry, everyone plays a part.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:38 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,043,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
I advise against accepting such an invitation. Mormonism is false doctrine which can not stand up under the light of the truth.

I advise that you do not enter into the lions den if you are not fully armed with the word of God.

Mormonism is like JW's. It seemingly starts with Christ but it all finishes up in the Book of Mormon (JW's in the WatchTower).

A Mormon will like telling you they make bold claims, but the important point to note is that they aren't bold in Christ, they simply make bold claims about their church. It's called self-exaltation and Jesus Christ hates it.

Roman you need to stop and let people make up there own mind about what they want to know and who they want to get information from.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:39 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,993 times
Quote:

It is a good thing you are here to tell people the folly of beliefs that disagree with yours. We wouldn't want anybody to figure things out for themselves and find their own truth.
Jesus would hate that.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Roman you need to stop and let people make up there own mind about what they want to know and who they want to get information from.
I don't need to stop anything.

He asked for advise. I am giving my advise.

Why don't you go and get stopped, rather than playing the boss who tells others what to do.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:44 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,122,387 times
Quote:

Why don't you go and get stopped, rather than playing the boss who tells others what to do.
Of course, that is not what you are doing, but you already know that. He asked for information about the Church, not your 2 cents.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:44 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:

Well, at least you are mean to everyone equally! I'm glad to know that you spread it around!

Cheers!

Old 08-23-2010, 10:46 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,043,380 times
Quote:

lol well I guess its hard to hear that you are out of line and that maybe people are capable of getting information the way they want. You do NOT have the only truth and certainly people are really able to discern what they want to do or not do.

So how do I go and "get stopped" never heard it put quite like that.....lolol

Actually as to playing boss it is you here telling others not to talk to katzpur because she has a false doctrine......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality