Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 11:17 AM

20,443 posts, read 12,811,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
No, I have the correct understanding. Besides, you have to read the entire OT and not just Genesis. There is more than one book in the OT. My conclusions come from the entire OT library. I do like the book of Job and I like reading of Moses. They seem to be the most sane of characters. The people, not the book, make up life and I like their ideas. The Psalms are good but David isn't the only author.

Genesis by itself is only an illistration of the author and what he thought. We actually have a message from the writer. He states he copied after his own ancestors and that it was never meant to be anything more than just a story. It was never meant to be put into a book then proclaimed to be "the word of God" as that is not what they thought at the time.

Genesis is not a reliable book just as the rest of the bible. I think I will stick with God and Love and whatever may be, will be. I don't need to know anything else in this life. Love and God will get me through just fine.
For what reason did God kill all the people during the Flood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 11:40 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,029,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
For what reason did God kill all the people during the Flood?
The flood didn't happen. We have several messages from Noah explaining what happened.

The houses that they lived in by the river were built on stilts so that when the water rose, they wouldn't get flooded out. The earthly flood was just added later to emphasize that which wasn't explained by the earler writers.

I also have a friend who lives in Australia. He has also stated, and is a fact if you do the research, that there has never been a flood on that continent. The aborigines have also handed down facts from ancestors stating this as well.

The flood is nothing more than a story. Now if you go back to the beginning of the world, before any creature lived upon it, yes, there was a flood but no man was killed as mankind didn't exist at that point.

God doesn't kill, man does. God is a soul and not a material being so it would be impossible for a soul, who is complete and absolute Love to come down here and kill people. Think about it.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:09 PM

245 posts, read 455,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
The flood didn't happen. We have several messages from Noah explaining what happened.

The houses that they lived in by the river were built on stilts so that when the water rose, they wouldn't get flooded out. The earthly flood was just added later to emphasize that which wasn't explained by the earler writers.

I also have a friend who lives in Australia. He has also stated, and is a fact if you do the research, that there has never been a flood on that continent. The aborigines have also handed down facts from ancestors stating this as well.

The flood is nothing more than a story. Now if you go back to the beginning of the world, before any creature lived upon it, yes, there was a flood but no man was killed as mankind didn't exist at that point.

God doesn't kill, man does. God is a soul and not a material being so it would be impossible for a soul, who is complete and absolute Love to come down here and kill people. Think about it.
I'm new here, therefore i'm new to your posts. Based on your post count, i'm assuming you've been around here a while. And, if that's the case, I'm fairly certain my questions for you have been previously asked/discussed. Could you point me to a specific thread/post in which you've explained your belief system?

Old 10-27-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orestes View Post
I'm new here, therefore i'm new to your posts. Based on your post count, i'm assuming you've been around here a while. And, if that's the case, I'm fairly certain my questions for you have been previously asked/discussed. Could you point me to a specific thread/post in which you've explained your belief system?
There are several so I can't really point to a particular one. I'm a Divine Love christian. Our beliefs stem from Divine Love and that It is the substance of God and when It is prayed for, with all honesty and sincerity, It will come into your soul and slowly transform your soul from an image of God to the likeness of God so that one may enter into the Kingdom. We dont believe that Jesus is God or that He was sent here to save us from our sins. We believe that He is a son of God as everyone is a son of God. He was the first to become Divine while on earth and opened the way for everyone else to enter into God's Kingdom. Through His teachings of Divine Love, one may enter through the narrow gate. We teach Love above all else and that God is the God of all and not ust some like many fundamentalists claim. Only those who have the substance may enter and those who do not will end up in the natural love heavens. We believe that once everyone has chosen either the natural love or Divine Love path, hell will close and each person is left to their heaven of choice. There will come a time when Divine Love will be withdrawn from man as it was withdrawn from Adam and Eve but not even the Celestials know when that will be. Our teachings come from Celestial who have Divine Love abundantly in their souls and who can only relate the Truths of God through our own mediums who have prayed for and received Divine Love sufficiently enough so that they may also convey the Truths of God. Yes, they are truely angels on earth and are more than capable to convey these truths. Our church is one without walls and anyone can join.

Jesus spoke of Divine Love in the first writings of the bible but DL was later removed because the editors had no idea what it was. There are only a couple of places in the bible that speak of It. One in the book of John and the other in the OT, although DL was not available to mankind until Jesus. I don't remember the OT reference so I can't tell you where to look.

In keeping with the OP, Divine Love wasn't readily taught after Jesus' death because even the apostles didn't understand. Religion has taken the concept and turned it so that a man was our salvation and has not understood that it was the teachings of the man and not the man Himself that saves us all from sin. Religion has corrupted that form of Love that Jesus so often spoke of but was left out of the bible.

I know it's long but I do get windy sometimes.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:47 PM

245 posts, read 455,677 times
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Regardless of my opinion towards the content of your post, it takes courage and patience to share personal beliefs with complete strangers in a public forum. I appreciate and applaud your your willingness to do so in a polite manner. Please don't take my lack of further interest or inquiry to be an insult. I'm sure we will be engaged in discussion at some point, until then ... regards.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orestes View Post
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Regardless of my opinion towards the content of your post, it takes courage and patience to share personal beliefs with complete strangers in a public forum. I appreciate and applaud your your willingness to do so in a polite manner. Please don't take my lack of further interest or inquiry to be an insult. I'm sure we will be engaged in discussion at some point, until then ... regards.
No worries, Orestes. I'm not out to sell anything, I just want to be love to everyone even if they disagree with my ideas. I'm sure we'll be in a discussion soon enough.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:42 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,243,461 times
Originally Posted by jimmiej
Quote:
Save your pyscho-analysis for someone else.
So you're claiming that Jesus never told his followers to love others like they love themselves?
Or do you actually believe that Jesus said to love yourself more than others?
Or that God only loves Christians?

Quote:
Jesus is God. He instituted marriage. It was His idea. You don't understand marital love.
So you believe that one can understand love yet not understand marital love?
If ya ask me it is the other way around, if a person doesn't understand the concept of love he'll never understand marital love.
Or are you saying that before you and your wife got married you were unable to love each other?

Quote:
His sheep are the Church.
So you believe that Jesus is only there for the church and not the people?
Then please tell me, is the church there for the people or are the people there for the church?

Quote:
Wrong. See bolded passage above.
So you believe that God loves everyone, yet God does not forgive everyone?
What is the point of loving people yet not offering them forgiveness?

Old 10-30-2010, 09:08 AM

30 posts, read 33,208 times
Love is a Chemical reaction in the brain. Love is also an attachment to someone you have grown to like their presence around you. Love is not a magical feeling of the 'heart'.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowlzer View Post
Love is a Chemical reaction in the brain. Love is also an attachment to someone you have grown to like their presence around you. Love is not a magical feeling of the 'heart'.
Love just is. We can love without ever knowing the other person, without ever meeting that person. I've seen the "magic" of love and how it works so I know this to be true. Anyone can project love onto another person without them being aware.

How it works for me is, when I"m in a crowd, beit a mall, theater or anywhere there are a lot of people, I look at each one as children of God. Precious and unique. I look into their hearts and send love to them from my own. I can send love to an entire crowd at the same time. The reaction I get is astounding and this also puts a sorta "glow" on the person who emits the love. It's like you light up the area around you and people can feel the love. They may not know where it comes from but they do feel it. I've had miracles happen to me from doing this.

Love just is and love has no boundaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality