Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 11:34 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,551,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Nope. Not bashing all Christians at all. Just the one who is teaching that tolerance and "co-exist" is a bad idea.
And the two who told me this were not the ones who go for free food or brownie points. They are two employees who go for the "truth" and the "word".
Correct!!! To oppose co-existance represent intolerance, which leads to hatred, which leads to the need to conquer, which requires killing, but alas, that is where we are today.

The choice is to either co-exist or conquer. I think it is clear that the preference of anyone that would object to a "co-exist" bumper sticker is they believe the solution, though possibly repressed, is to kill those that don't sing from their hymn book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 11:53 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,516,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Correct!!! To oppose co-existance represent intolerance, which leads to hatred, which leads to the need to conquer, which requires killing, but alas, that is where we are today.

The choice is to either co-exist or conquer. I think it is clear that the preference of anyone that would object to a "co-exist" bumper sticker is they believe the solution, though possibly repressed, is to kill those that don't sing from their hymn book.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

-- Yoda

Old 11-30-2010, 11:57 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,118,201 times
If they are Christians and don’t like co-existence then they should do nothing more than to dust off there feet and leave us alone.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:56 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,310,224 times
I'm a Christian. When I see those "Coexist" stickers I think, "Yep, they all seem to be coexisting pretty well... except one onf them". That one, of course, is the 'C' in "Coexist" -- Islam. While many faiths believe they are the only true faith, only Islam will cut your head off for claiming another fiath is the true one and it is false.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:33 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,516,931 times
Quote:
"Yep, they all seem to be coexisting pretty well... except one onf them". That one, of course, is the 'C' in "Coexist" -- Islam.
Actually, that happens not to be the case. Unless, that is, you're willing for all of Christianity to be judged by the actions of a few people.

In particular, I'm thinking of John Chivington. Chivington, as you should know, was an ordained Methodist minister. He was also a Colonel in the Colorado Militia. Chivington is the man who personally led the attack that became known as the Sand Creek Massacre. He is known to have said (among other things), “I have come to kill Indians, and believe it is right and honorable to use any means under God’s heaven to kill Indians!” The attack he led directly caused the deaths of more than 300 Cheyenne, nearly all of which were women, children and the elderly. Their leader, Black Kettle, had been assured by White leaders that as long as he flew the American flag and a white flag above his camp (both of which were flying at the time of the massacre), all within his camp would be safe.

Now, are you willing to apply the same standard to all of Christianity that you would have us apply to all of Islam?

-- Nighteyes (who follows the teachings of Christ as he understands them)

Last edited by Nighteyes; 11-30-2010 at 07:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality