Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 06:34 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,775,535 times

Advertisements

This is a statement that was read over the PAsystem at the football game at Roane County High School , Kingston , Tennessee by school Principal, Jody McLeod

"It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football games, to say a prayer and play the National Anthem, to honor God and Country."

Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that saying a Prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law. As I understand the law at this time, I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it "an alternate life style," and if someone is offended, that's OK.

I can use it to condone sexual promiscuity, by dispensing condoms and calling it, "safe sex." If someone is offended, that's OK.

I can even use this public facility to present the merits of killing an unborn baby as a "viable! means of birth control." If someone is offended, no problem...

I can designate a school day as "Earth Day" and involve students in activities to worship religiously and praise the goddess "Mother Earth" and call it "ecology.."

I can use literature, videos and presentations in the classroom that depicts people with strong, traditional Christian convictions as "simple minded" and "ignorant" and call it "enlightenment.."

However, if anyone uses this facility to honor GOD and to ask HIM to Bless this event with safety and good sportsmanship, then Federal Case Law is violated.

This appears to be inconsistent at best, and at worst, diabolical.
Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything and anyone, except GOD and HIS Commandments.

Nevertheless , as a school principal, I frequently ask staff and students to abide by rules with which they do not necessarily agree. For me to do otherwise would be inconsistent at best, and at worst, hypocritical. I suffer from that affliction enough unintentionally. I certainly do not need to add an intentional transgression.

For this reason, I shall "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's," and refrain from praying at this time.

" However, if you feel inspired to honor, praise and thank GOD and ask HIM, in the name of JESUS, to Bless this event, please feel free to do so.. As far as I know, that's not against the law----yet."

One by one, the people in the stands bowed their heads, held hands with one another and began to pray.

They prayed in the stands. They prayed in the team huddles. They prayed at the concession stand and they prayed in the Announcer's Box!

The only place they didn't pray was in the Supreme Court of the United States of America- the Seat of "Justice" in the "one nation, under GOD."

Somehow, Kingston , Tennessee Remembered what so many have forgotten. We are given the Freedom OF Religion, not the Freedom FROM Religion. Praise GOD that HIS remnant remains!

JESUS said, "If you are ashamed of ME before men, then I will be ashamed of you before MY FATHER.."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 07:47 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,139,994 times
You know where you should pray? In your church or in your home. Or do so quietly. Why do those of you that are religious find in necessary to include everyone around you in your beliefs? Does God look upon you in a more favorable light if you pray in large groups or something. I feel uncomfortable at a home if grace is said before meals but say nothing out of respect for my host. I shouldn't have to go through that at a public event!! You assume those around you share the same beliefs. STOP pushing your faith onto others. Religion as no place in public schools, events or in government.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:53 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,508,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
This is a statement that was read over the PAsystem at the football game at Roane County High School , Kingston , Tennessee by school Principal, Jody McLeod

"It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football games, to say a prayer and play the National Anthem, to honor God and Country."

Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that saying a Prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law. As I understand the law at this time, I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it "an alternate life style," and if someone is offended, that's OK.

I can use it to condone sexual promiscuity, by dispensing condoms and calling it, "safe sex." If someone is offended, that's OK.

I can even use this public facility to present the merits of killing an unborn baby as a "viable! means of birth control." If someone is offended, no problem...

I can designate a school day as "Earth Day" and involve students in activities to worship religiously and praise the goddess "Mother Earth" and call it "ecology.."

I can use literature, videos and presentations in the classroom that depicts people with strong, traditional Christian convictions as "simple minded" and "ignorant" and call it "enlightenment.."

However, if anyone uses this facility to honor GOD and to ask HIM to Bless this event with safety and good sportsmanship, then Federal Case Law is violated.

This appears to be inconsistent at best, and at worst, diabolical.
Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything and anyone, except GOD and HIS Commandments.

Nevertheless , as a school principal, I frequently ask staff and students to abide by rules with which they do not necessarily agree. For me to do otherwise would be inconsistent at best, and at worst, hypocritical. I suffer from that affliction enough unintentionally. I certainly do not need to add an intentional transgression.

For this reason, I shall "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's," and refrain from praying at this time.

" However, if you feel inspired to honor, praise and thank GOD and ask HIM, in the name of JESUS, to Bless this event, please feel free to do so.. As far as I know, that's not against the law----yet."

One by one, the people in the stands bowed their heads, held hands with one another and began to pray.

They prayed in the stands. They prayed in the team huddles. They prayed at the concession stand and they prayed in the Announcer's Box!

The only place they didn't pray was in the Supreme Court of the United States of America- the Seat of "Justice" in the "one nation, under GOD."

Somehow, Kingston , Tennessee Remembered what so many have forgotten. We are given the Freedom OF Religion, not the Freedom FROM Religion. Praise GOD that HIS remnant remains!

JESUS said, "If you are ashamed of ME before men, then I will be ashamed of you before MY FATHER.."
Amen.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:56 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,786,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
You know where you should pray? In your church or in your home. Or do so quietly. Why do those of you that are religious find in necessary to include everyone around you in your beliefs? Does God look upon you in a more favorable light if you pray in large groups or something. I feel uncomfortable at a home if grace is said before meals but say nothing out of respect for my host. I shouldn't have to go through that at a public event!! You assume those around you share the same beliefs. STOP pushing your faith onto others. Religion as no place in public schools, events or in government.
You shouldn't pray at all. It is probably a waste of time. If god exists, then he knows what you're thinking anyway. All the trillions of man hours praying has never yielded one conclusive positive result. Ever.

So, don't waste your time. Go watch a funny YouTube video instead. Or post on City-Data. Or go to the gym. Do something beneficial or pleasurable.

Life is to short to waste praying.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:56 PM

33,558 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Amen? You condone this?
Quote:
I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it "an alternate life style,"
That person should be censured.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:25 PM

465 posts, read 528,889 times
Oh boy another one with a persecution complex. Never gets old.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:11 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Prayer and other rituals in observance of a myth have no place in public.

The poor misguided folks of Tennessee are demanding the rights to perform their ritualistic religious practices yet protesting and resorting to arson to dissuade Muslims from building a Mosque. Tennessee mosque site fire an arson, feds say – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Can your imagine the outrage to ban prayer if the prayers were Muslim, this is just yet another example that hate IS the core value of christianity.

Treat your religion like your genitals, keep it private and force it on no one.

Old 11-24-2010, 01:04 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,194,708 times
Why does a high school football game have to be "blessed" and have prayers read over it in a public fashion? Religion should be a private matter. What an arrogant address that was.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:24 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,111,264 times
Oh no, Christians are being persecuted

How dare they not be able to spout their garbage in public schools and toss it in everyone's face. The fact that they may have to respect others who don't believe as they do!? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!

I sometimes wish these morons would have to live in a country where there really is religious persecution. They'd never whine about how bad they have it in America again.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:44 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,958,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Why does a high school football game have to be "blessed" and have prayers read over it in a public fashion? Religion should be a private matter. What an arrogant address that was.

I've answered this before, but I see that a refresher is necessary. God simply loves football! That has to be the reason. Think about it:

1. A lot football players (especially from winning teams) always thank god for giving them the skills. Forget the coaching, the training or any of that. It was all god's doing. Is it any coincidence that the Cleveland Browns are suddenly playing better football now that the devout Christian Colt McCoy is now their QB? God has blessed them, though he won't let them get too far this year. He must keep them humble so that when they get to the Superbowl a couple years from now, provided they keep the faith, it will not go to their head. The Detroit Lions must have very few Christians or Christians of weak faith on their team. This much is obvious.

2. God apparently has his favorite teams. Growing up in Dallas, it was said several times that the reason Texas Stadium had a hole in the roof was so that god could watch his favorite football team. But much to Cowboy fans' (like myself) dismay, he likes the Broncos as well. It is said here in Colorado, "If the Broncos are not god's favorite football team, then why are the skies blue and orange?" And in college football, he apparently favors the Air Force Academy. Just a couple of years ago, they had a big banner in their locker room that said, "Team Jesus." Notice that when Fisher DeBerry stepped down from coaching the Academy that they were no longer the force in the Mountain West Conference they once were. How's that for evidence?

3. Why do Sunday morning church services end when they do? There is a good reason...so god's people can go home and watch the holy game. This is a blessing.

Go forth my friends and pray that thy fandom may not be in vain.

Last edited by Fullback32; 11-24-2010 at 12:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality