Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 09:22 AM

27,200 posts, read 46,769,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Depends on what you think it's supposed to prove, I guess.
Did you get this part too? "Depends..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 09:28 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,569,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Did you get this part too? "Depends..."
The world's scientists who just coincidently happen to be the smartest men in the world agree that there is absolutely no credence in a biblical creation. Anybody who believes that stuff and sloughs off the fossils from manlike creatures millions of years ago and the dinosaurs which roamed the earth 65 million years ago has a real problem on their hands.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:31 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,599,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Just curious...at what age did you first make up your mind? Tell the truth now because:

"the fearful, and the unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, will have their part in the Lake burning with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
in 1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
Not only am I not good at spelling but I didn't know you could use carbon testing on fossils. Or that carbon testing dated things that were millions of years old.

Ol' Mel needs to study up a bit.

Radiocarbon dating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Radiocarbon dating (sometimes simply known as carbon dating) is a radiometric dating method that uses the naturally occurring radioisotope carbon-14 (14C) to estimate the age of carbonaceous materials up to about 58,000 to 62,000 years

Old 12-01-2010, 09:41 AM

27,200 posts, read 46,769,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
The world's scientists who just coincidently happen to be the smartest men in the world agree that there is absolutely no credence in a biblical creation. Anybody who believes that stuff and sloughs off the fossils from manlike creatures millions of years ago and the dinosaurs which roamed the earth 65 million years ago has a real problem on their hands.
On a philosophical basis, there's no credence than anything exists now.

On a scientific basis, if they were honest, the best they could come up with is "We can't really be sure. We weren't present."

Old 12-01-2010, 09:53 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,122,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
in 1972

Ol' Mel needs to study up a bit.

Radiocarbon dating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Radiocarbon dating (sometimes simply known as carbon dating) is a radiometric dating method that uses the naturally occurring radioisotope carbon-14 (14C) to estimate the age of carbonaceous materials up to about 58,000 to 62,000 years
Lol, What I was doing was teasing Melvin. Although its true that carbon dating only goes to about 60,000 years.
I was teasing him because he (and rightly so) commented on a spelling error I made. I corrected it.

Oh, Mr5150 you forgot to post this part of my quote.
"I think the theory of evolution is probably correct."

Jellyfish have no brain. Like me before my first cup of coffee.

Last edited by Aeroman; 12-01-2010 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: I’m beginning to think I have a strange sense of humor.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:08 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,599,534 times
Quote:

As do I.

I didn't forget that part, but did not include it for clairity's sake.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:29 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,569,663 times
Quote:
Lol, What I was doing was teasing Melvin. Although its true that carbon dating only goes to about 60,000 years.
I was teasing him because he (and rightly so) commented on a spelling error I made. I corrected it.

Jellyfish have no brain. Like me before my first cup of coffee.
LOL...spelling error indeed. Like I said:

Their
There
They're

They all sound the same but the meaning is 180 degrees out of phase...one with the other. It's nice that I could be a part of your education or at least broke you of faking it.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:53 AM

48 posts, read 64,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Tell Us What You Think.

"Us?" Are we being judged by a panel?
some are, some aren't

Old 12-02-2010, 10:18 AM

50,128 posts, read 20,891,662 times
Quote:
I prefer guilty until proven innocent.

Why don't you have an alibi if you're innocent?
Then logically I could consider you wrong until you prove yourself right. But let me guess - you make up the rules to suit yourself.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:23 AM

50,128 posts, read 20,891,662 times
Quote:
On a philosophical basis, there's no credence than anything exists now.

On a scientific basis, if they were honest, the best they could come up with is "We can't really be sure. We weren't present."
On a scientific basis, if you were honest, you would not see that as the best they could come up with, but the best you can come up with.

The best they can come up with is "this is what the best and repeatably veried evidence indicates". 'nobody can be sure of anything' is the miserable best a theist can do to try to scrape a draw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality