Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 02:46 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,657,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I wasn't talking to you bud, so MYOB. This little witness was proselytizing directly to me as though there was some hope of gaining a convert...
I know you weren't talking to me and I would get an attitude as well if you did the same thing. But honestly, he only cares about you. WE (Christians) care about you more than you know. That is why we try to spread the gospel in HOPES that you will listen. We care about your soul and getting you to Heaven. How many of your atheist friends cares about your soul and what happens to you after this life is over?! I would guess none. Because what is going to happen is that as soon as you take your last breaths of life, it's over. Your nothing but a memory in their minds. And they go back to their regular lives as if you never existed. What kind of friends are those? Superficial. Only there for the moment. They are NOT eternal friends and this life and the things in it are merely for a moment in time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 03:01 PM

1,220 posts, read 990,202 times
Default The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
littlewitness: The last refuge is always the user's manual, right? If it's in there, it's just got to be true.
...eternal life in Christ is not found in any users manual. Are you a giver of love? One such as this will understand that the scriptures' testify of Christ. If you know this, then give willingly. This is the truth. The Blessings of The Eternal One set you free...

Old 12-24-2010, 04:18 PM

33,596 posts, read 37,237,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I know you weren't talking to me and I would get an attitude as well if you did the same thing. But honestly, he only cares about you. WE (Christians) care about you more than you know. That is why we try to spread the gospel in HOPES that you will listen. We care about your soul and getting you to Heaven. How many of your atheist friends cares about your soul and what happens to you after this life is over?! I would guess none. Because what is going to happen is that as soon as you take your last breaths of life, it's over. Your nothing but a memory in their minds. And they go back to their regular lives as if you never existed. What kind of friends are those? Superficial. Only there for the moment. They are NOT eternal friends and this life and the things in it are merely for a moment in time.
Not a good listener are you? You have earned a place on my special list.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:26 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,586,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
...within the context of your question, the exercise of force is contrary to the principles of God's government, The Eternal Elohim desires only the service of love. Love cannot be commanded to an unbeliever. The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you to the valley of decision...
That was not the context of my question, and I suspect you knew that, but when you were young, starting at age 2, 3, or 4 when the mind is very malleable, and parents and family are the most influential people in the young child's life.

Old 12-25-2010, 04:37 AM

1,220 posts, read 990,202 times
Default The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
That was not the context of my question, and I suspect you knew that, but when you were young, starting at age 2, 3, or 4 when the mind is very malleable, and parents and family are the most influential people in the young child's life.
Listen Ashe, the context of your question was based on two words..."programmed" and "brainwashed"...both of which imply "force" and/or "mind control"...which from our personal experience never took place as pertaining to The Gospel of Christ. The Blessings of The Eternal One guide you into The Reception of His Righteousness...

Old 12-25-2010, 07:21 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,055,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Listen Ashe, the context of your question was based on two words..."programmed" and "brainwashed"...both of which imply "force" and/or "mind control"...which from our personal experience never took place as pertaining to The Gospel of Christ. The Blessings of The Eternal One guide you into The Reception of His Righteousness...

When you have children being taught they will go to hell if they don't believe in Jesus that is brainwashing. I can't imagine growing up with that. I became frightened as a child when I became aware of that belief. I was afraid of making the wrong choice. I never grew up in that kind of home but I went to church with neighbors.

My father eventually stopped letting me go because he didn't agree with what I was being exposed to.

Children are being brought up in fear and that does not give people much of a choice when they fear for their souls and fear going to hell.

Old 12-25-2010, 07:45 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,595,310 times
Lightbulb disappointing, yes... but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
or the danger of bible based stupidity to the future of civilization.

Which ever side of the global warming debate you fall on, this head stuck deep in the sands of denial of the bible is outrageous and should exempt this fool from holding office.

This is just insane.............

John Shimkus: 'Global warming won't destroy planet because God promised Noah' | Mail Online

Guess that means we also need to stop looking for asteroids that may hit the earth at some point in the future.

We've all known for a long time that absolute mouth-breathing morons can be elected to high political office. This should surprise no one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality