Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 11:46 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Yeah I kinda like him too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 03:04 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Dear insane if i could leave you in do doubt that the scriptures are 100% inspired, they still would not be the source of life.

The source of life is God himself.Everything we ever need is to be found in him,not the bible, the believer enjoys the source and all that is found in the source, including the scriptures he's given for our encouragement, those who do not believe don't(noticed i said don't and not condemned).

Let me ask you Insane, were the scriptures ever inspirational to you, when you was a christian ?.
I'm not sure why you used my quote and then addressed Insane. However, I agree that God is the source of life and not the bible or any other material source used for inspiration. Looking within we find God. Most fundamentalists only look to their source and not to the source of all that is.

And I did find some inspirational ideas yet I walked away from the bible because it left a lot to be desired. Since I found Divine Love and have acquired some of it in my soul, I have come to find that It is the only thing that can give us Truth because it comes from God and not from anything man made.

To me, the bible, and any other text pertaining to God, are all ideas. Ideas we can hold for a moment. When we start to possess the very essence of God, those ideas become reality when Love is the focus. If there is no love for God or each other, it cannot come from God. Looking at it that way, you will also see that there are a lot of things in the bible that do not come from God even though man has declared it so.

Old 12-24-2010, 05:01 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Ironically I never talk about religion either, especially since I started believing in UR. I'm more likely to talk about all the things you mentioned, except sex, of course. I'm celibate. I hear way more about other people's sex lives than I care to hear. But I guess I make a good sounding board. I know you are interested in history and I can understand how that ties in with the Bible and all things biblical. Unlike other people here, I see the good in InsaneInTheMembrane, he's alright by me.
Insane is alright in my book too.

I think Insane has been divinely inspired to challenge christians about much of what they believe, I also see him like Goliath at times defying and challenging the people of God.

Old 12-24-2010, 05:03 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I'm not sure why you used my quote and then addressed Insane.
Neither am I.

Old 12-24-2010, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Neither am I.

Old 12-24-2010, 03:01 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
Holy Spirit brought the confirmation of the stories of Genesis to life through Moses prophecies .... so we believe these stories to be true and rejects the greater critics type who will not believe in Gods exchange of infomation to his people .......

Old 12-24-2010, 03:55 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,942 times
Quote:
So you can pull the scriptures apart if you must, but you can never take away what the believer is persuaded and convinced of by the Holy Spirit.
Translation:

No matter how much real, tangible proof the believer is offered that their bible is full of contradictions and just myth, he or she will continue to stubbornly cling to their delusions and imagine that their deity is talking to them even though it's just in their head.

Old 12-25-2010, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Holy Spirit brought the confirmation of the stories of Genesis to life through Moses prophecies .... so we believe these stories to be true and rejects the greater critics type who will not believe in Gods exchange of infomation to his people .......
And yet people like you, or I should say, people who adhere to every word of the bible, do not believe that spirits, or God for that matter, can talk to humans who still live on earth. So, you either do or do not believe that spirits, God being the center of it all, can talk to us. If something is inspired, it is a channeled message. That's how it works.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:45 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,721,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
RESPONSE:

Let's see if I am following your reasoning. The Bible tells us that the Holy Spirit confirms the the stories of Genesis through Moses prophecies.

But how do we know about the Moses prophecies? Through the Bible?

And how do we know the Holy Spirit confirms what it says?

Because the Bible says so???????

See the problem? It's called argument in a circle.

It's much like the old preacher who announced that he was going to prove the existence of God next Sunday. When the day arrived,, his church was full. He mounted the pulpit and offered as his only proof of God's existence that the Bible said so.

Old 12-26-2010, 03:52 PM

55 posts, read 65,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
InsaneInDaMembrane, why do you spend so much time trying to convince us that the Bible is not divinely inspired? If you didn't really know that it is and that our one God is real, I don't think it would matter to you. Me thinks thou protest too much.
What? Maybe for the same reason that Christians try to convert Atheists all the time. I hate when people use that argument...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality