Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 11:04 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,594,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
And the ones that do interest you...you don't pay attention to anything but the noise you yourself are making in them, because god forbid you ever learn anything. Though you do go on and on about things you know nothing about, while ignoring actual educational input given you by people who have actually studied and learned the subject at hand.

Way to go. Yay you. Yay ignorance.

Well I think you have shown yourself to be an adamant Atheist, good at name calling, adept at belittling others, and you can be insulting at times. You have a zeal for Atheism, but you use religion as your crutch of motivation.

And I want to use this as an example.

Peace.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:14 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,793,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Be an example of your protest by not participating in it.

Peace.

Are you a fraud?

Old 12-26-2010, 11:19 AM

Nothing is a better example of Adamant Atheism, than Atheist themselves. They like to think their better than christians, which kind of pacifys this elevating ego they have, you know, the inflated ego humans get when they deflate others. They view themselves as the " Right answer for societys woes", just like the christians used to. Then the christians started " Stepping on Atheism", and eventually they began to fall from their perceived perch, Atheist are stepping all on christians, but cannot see their future of falling.

Its the same coin.

And I want to go into that.

Peace.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Are you a fraud?

I am nothing. I don't claim to be anything, I don't qualify as a fraud because I am nothing, and I have not progressed beyond that.

But you should back up your own claims about me and this thread, by divorcing yourself from it.

Peace.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:38 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,507,074 times
Quote:
Nothing is a better example of Adamant Atheism, than Atheist themselves. They like to think their better than christians, which kind of pacifys this elevating ego they have, you know, the inflated ego humans get when they deflate others. They view themselves as the " Right answer for societys woes", just like the christians used to. Then the christians started " Stepping on Atheism", and eventually they began to fall from their perceived perch, Atheist are stepping all on christians, but cannot see their future of falling.

Its the same coin.

Peace.
Your writing style is smug, arrogant and passive aggressive.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:48 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,056,537 times
Quote:
Nothing is a better example of Adamant Atheism, than Atheist themselves. They like to think their better than christians, which kind of pacifys this elevating ego they have, you know, the inflated ego humans get when they deflate others. They view themselves as the " Right answer for societys woes", just like the christians used to.

You are basing this statement on what? The 6-10 atheists who post regularly here? The 10-20 more like myself who post occasionally? Of course most atheists on a DISCUSSION BOARD are going to discuss atheism. Duh. If we did not think that we had something valuable to contribute, we would not be here.

As for the "Right answer for societys woes" (sic), I doubt many atheists will say that this is the reason that they are atheists, or that it is a panacea. I think that many things about religion are bad, but I doubt that if atheism was universal we would all be sweetness and light. We simply would not have religious figures leading people into folly.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:19 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,543,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
That has to be one of the most reckless statements I've read all year. Most Atheist don't care about religion? Really? Is that why most of them remain on the religious section on C-D year after year after year? Or there many websites and forums devoted to Atheist opposing religion? Or their convention and rallies where they discuss their disbeliefs in religion? Or the many books and studies published by Atheist that have to do with religion?
The only concern I have about religion is keeping the ignorance and superstition of religion out of my life, out of the laws I live under, and to keep utter idiots like Representative John Shimkus from Illinois who isn't concerned about global warming because he believes god told noah he wouldn't destroy the earth again. That is reckless and minding numbing stupidity, yet this idiot is in a seat of power.

Don't tell me what I can think and do based on your fantasy and superstitions, and we won't have a problem. Don't use fairy tales to ignore science and reality and don't try and legislate your fantasy's rules into my world, as when you do, we got a problem dude.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:24 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,734,289 times
Quote:
I have seen all kinds of Atheist movements over the years, but this new kind is certainly unyielding. Some Atheist are becomming more Adamant, utterly unyielding in opinion or ideas, in spite of all information. It is of intrest to note that christianity went through the same thing at the crux of its power.

What is it about gaining popularity and power that causes humans to become Adamant?

What is it about the Atheist mindset that continues to make the same mistakes that all other human groups have made as they gained popularity. One would think that Atheist could have been different and rose above these predictable human weaknesses.

You know gloating because the number of Atheist has risen. Taking pride in their views. Its strange that Atheism is making all the mistakes that christianity made. Many Atheist believe that they make better behavioral decisions than religious people make, they think their better " Humans", the exact same way many christians feel and think.

And I want to take a closer look at this strange dicotomy.

Peace.
Atheism today is a cult. And like a regular cult, it has staunch followers. Such characters abound in the R&P forum

They display every trait that belongs to the cultists. Let them celebrate their newfound religion. I'm happy for them

Old 12-26-2010, 12:25 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,543,062 times
Quote:
Be an example of your protest by not participating in it.

Peace.
What you are really saying is;

I can't refute your point, so shut-up.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:45 PM

Atheism can bring on Adamant personalitys the same as christianity can, both are part of the same coin of human nature. In my experience of debate, the two easiest people to dismantle in debate, are Atheist and Christians, because thery are so predictable, and so narrow in their views.

An Atheist can be like a fuse, once you lite them up, they'll just burn from then on, much like christians do when you get under their skin. They view themselves as " The righteous of the world", just like christians do. Atheist feel like society would heal if they just think like they do, just like their " Reflection" christianity does.

And I want to go into this unusual two sided coin.

Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality