Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2010, 01:20 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
Hi...I've gone back to church now and my life is changing for the better too. I got remarried also and life is doing good for me. But I do have an issue about clothes, in particular about swimsuits. I still love to go swimming and sunbathing at times too. Here's the question:

Should I stop wearing bikinis??

P.S. I love one-pieces, but haven't wore one since I was 14. So, I'm just curious about the swimsuit thing.
What are you serious? I mean I am saved and love God, and wear my two piece. I mean, I don't wear it to the store, the bank, walmart , or to church LOL, I wear my two piece to the beach, on cruise ships and things like that.

I mean God didn't say we couldn't wear them, so why worry about it? I mean you may have some uppity church folk who can't wear a two piece with a few extra pounds that try to condemn you, because they can't wear one. LOL, just kidding. But some people get saved and forget that they are human and wear clothes down to their feet, you notice I said feet instead of ankles. LOL, some people simply lose their human side of them and wrap themselves up like Jesus is going to kill them if their big toe is showing . LOL, let me stop joking for someone gets upsets.

If God doesn't tell you that you can't wear your two piece, then enjoy it, as long as you can get in it. Now if you wear your bikini and then show up for church, and then walk up in the front of church and dance like David. I think you might want to come back and ask us this question again. We might just have to come and find you and then cover you up after we see you on CNN news. LOL

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 02-15-2010 at 01:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 04:38 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,356,599 times
Quote:
Hi...I've gone back to church now and my life is changing for the better too. I got remarried also and life is doing good for me. But I do have an issue about clothes, in particular about swimsuits. I still love to go swimming and sunbathing at times too. Here's the question:

P.S. I love one-pieces, but haven't wore one since I was 14. So, I'm just curious about the swimsuit thing.
Funny question to answer as I sit here with temps in the low 20 outside my window. I personally think the time to shift to a one piece suit is not a religious issue, but rather an issue of how you look in two piece suits. Age may be a factor, but I have seen older people who did a two piece justice, Size is another factor, I don’t know many people who want to recognize the issues a person is having with their eating habits, and where you go in the two piece is the last factor. I don’t think it is good to go shopping or I suspect go to your church in a bathing suit of any type, that is why they make cover-ups.
My answer is go look in a mirror, and be honest, is it time to cut the public some slack, or is it time to let it all hang out. If the answer it to let it hang out than just go with it.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I think the young lady should opt for a thong bikini but that's just me and everyone has their own taste in clothing or lack thereof. I see no moral issue whatsoever and in fact Americans are very conservative as compared to other western nations. Try taking a stroll down the beach in Nice, France! Ah, such memories. What matters is how people treat each other, not what they wear when they go to the beach.
Not just the other Western Nations, what about Brazil, Asia, or Greece (I wondered onto my first nude beach there while on a bike ride). What an eye opener, or should I say mouth opener that was LOL. I still think it relates on how you feel about your body. At my age I personally would not want to go nude, or in a small suit on a beach. Don’t want the sun burn or the looks. When I was a lot younger, thinner, and looking for members of the other sex I might have considered it, but than the larger head was not always doing the thinking and I seem to remember lots of things I had rather forget now.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:15 AM

If you go to Troops post #5, in the thread “It is not bad if a woman is sexy” on the R&P forum you will get an example of when the mirror is telling you it is time to cover up.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:13 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:

Please wear'em

Depending on your cup size, I'll even recommend a two-piece LMAO

Old 02-15-2010, 04:18 PM

Here we are talking about beach clothes, on other forums it is casual nudity, and nude beaches, yet all I see is 20 degree temps, and ice from the storm two weeks ago. The closest thing I want to being nude or beaches is the hot shower just before I jump into more layers of clothes.
In NC our ground hog said winter was over, I now think the ground hog is an imposter, maybe an opossum hoping to have more people wrecked and thus reduce the death rate of opossums on the highway. If this is less winter than I sure don’t want to see the full winter.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:36 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
Here we are talking about beach clothes, on other forums it is casual nudity, and nude beaches, yet all I see is 20 degree temps, and ice from the storm two weeks ago. The closest thing I want to being nude or beaches is the hot shower just before I jump into more layers of clothes.
In NC our ground hog said winter was over, I now think the ground hog is an imposter, maybe an opossum hoping to have more people wrecked and thus reduce the death rate of opossums on the highway. If this is less winter than I sure don’t want to see the full winter.
Chin up, racer. Summer's around the corner. You're going one piece or two pieces?? Just kidding, lol

Old 02-16-2010, 02:53 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,403,283 times
If God had meant for us to run around naked, we would have been born that way.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:59 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Default Here She Comes, Miss Ci-tee-Dah-tah... laah-dee-dah....

I have the solution! Just post a picture here for us to judge you. The Miss C-D Contest. (Where's Burt when we need him?). There may even be big money in it for you!

There was a similar thread last year by a trolling Muslim woman (if she was, indeed ,what she said she was). It was full of loaded questions about Burkah's and such, and the greater wishes of Allah and the rights of her husband to "manage" her life. The Prophet Mohammed was, BTW, quite the womanizer and would have loved a 21st Century French Riviera beach.

I say: it's show time, folks! Let's resolve this issue here and now!

Just select jpeg and hit the little "attach" button! We'll let you know with scores from 1 (Run away!) to "10" [move over, Angelina!]

Old 02-16-2010, 04:07 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonuMan View Post
If God had meant for us to run around naked, we would have been born that way.
This is a joke right!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality