Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 07:18 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured_kidult View Post
I am creating my own religion and I need suggestions on the name of the religion and the God(s). I need a structure and everything. Who wants to help me create a religion?

It can be complete and utter nonsense, completely factual or a mix of both.
You could follow in the footsteps of L Ron Hubbard the pulp science fiction writer who created Scientology.

L. Ron Hubbard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 07:51 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Default He Speaketh, sometimes....

Quote:
I am creating my own religion and I need suggestions on the name of the religion and the God(s). I need a structure and everything. Who wants to help me create a religion?

Guess what? You have had a lot of the infrastructure already completed for you! "He" has already been here, did his miraculous deeds and, like Jesus and his father, was just not appreciated until after his "time".

He is George W. Bush! Yaweh be danged; this is "DubYahweh"! Feel his presence!

We Shall Know Him by His Words and Actions! You shall Know Him by his Wars Against the Alternates Vying for World Dominance, (He claims to have won, and His first angel, Rummy, was there, first-hand, and claims it's a done deal! He even has fallen angels (Colin Powell) and his own designated and critical Satan (Robert Gates, with his recent ungodly statements...). As well, He had/has The miraculous US Military Under His Godly Thumb!

All Hail The Bush, the DubYahweh! And He Shall Lead the Little Children into...

Old 03-04-2011, 09:03 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,160,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
You could follow in the footsteps of L Ron Hubbard the pulp science fiction writer who created Scientology.

L. Ron Hubbard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or the crew who came up with the Jesus myth

Old 03-05-2011, 11:19 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,405,706 times
If there are 6 bill people in the world, there are, subjectively, 6 bill gods that are worshipped; even atheists. Objectively, and abstractly, there are a bunch of gods determined by the number of social groupings. For example, Derkheim found that a tribe's totem represents the tribe. In a higher form of mind from that of a tribal mentality, the totem is the idea; in modernity, instead of a concrete totem, we use the idea, that idea is the group, what it is constructed on and that is in development towards an absolute-dialectics; even atheists. So this idea is the god, as when one talks about the absolute that is the god, and that is the direction of all minds and social systems. So how ever many social groupings there are (ethnic, states, genders, sexual orientations, etc), that is in addition to the subjective gods. We are all polytheists.

One can also ask, "who came up with the atheist myth?", because atheism is also a myth, because a myth is merely man's explanation for phenomena, because the outer world to mind transcends it. This is a philosophy page is it not?

Old 03-06-2011, 12:07 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:

It doesn't matter, because if you convince enough people you're gonna be rich...Remember what P.T. barnum said....There is one born every minute.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen antrim View Post
One can also ask, "who came up with the atheist myth?", because atheism is also a myth, because a myth is merely man's explanation for phenomena, because the outer world to mind transcends it. This is a philosophy page is it not?
LOL....Atheism a myth?....How on earth do you come up with that? I have seen illogical statements before, but this one takes the prize!

I don't believe in the tooth fairy....Does that make me a believer in myths? No, it makes me a non believer in the tooth fairy.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:01 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,405,706 times
You don't read. A myth is man's explanation for a phenomena (oh yeah, atheists on the data forum only have opinions that there is none, but no explanation why there is none)-how many times do I need to write this?

This is a philosophy page act like it. What you believe in ( you don't believe in the tooth fairy so that is a believing) is irrelevant, subjective, and totally uninteresting. You have no authority to state anything with certainty as that is a god atribute, of the concept g-o-d, you must have argument. Your personal feelings are meaningless; you think we should all be impressed by your beliefs? Your choir will, but then there are mindless followers everywhere for every idea. A rational structure can be made for atheism. But the rational structure can also be be made for god (read Anselm, he was a tad brighter than you)-neither has absolute authority. Have you been everywhere including any possible "places" that the race does not know about?

What is objective, either created in mind that the mind views (reflects on), or what is objective out side the mind in the world, is transcendent to the mind-read Kant and the limits of reason: atheism is an idea, or is it just mindlessness?. That means one must interpret this objectivity. Hegel gives access to this transcendence because reason is in all this objectivity-even in god structures: one then can know the ideas, but one can not become the object and then know with a capital K. If you start with a bias, there is no god, or there is one, or I am not sure, that is what you will end up with in the logic-that is why there is no philosophy here, just dime a dozen know it alls. Atheists can not show that there is no god absolutely, except on these great philosophical genius threads and say there ain't, so yeah its a myth as non believers, except data forum, attempt rational arguments that there ain't one, a man's explanation for there not being one, eo epso, its a myth. Your fairy tale crap says nothing as you are nothing but one of 6 bill with lame opinions.

Please don't respond to my posts if you have nothing to say except how you feel as I could care less how you feel or what you believe or not believe.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen antrim View Post
You don't read. A myth is man's explanation for a phenomena (oh yeah, atheists on the data forum only have opinions that there is none, but no explanation why there is none)-how many times do I need to write this?

This is a philosophy page act like it. What you believe in ( you don't believe in the tooth fairy so that is a believing) is irrelevant, subjective, and totally uninteresting. You have no authority to state anything with certainty as that is a god atribute, of the concept g-o-d, you must have argument. Your personal feelings are meaningless; you think we should all be impressed by your beliefs? Your choir will, but then there are mindless followers everywhere for every idea. A rational structure can be made for atheism. But the rational structure can also be be made for god (read Anselm, he was a tad brighter than you)-neither has absolute authority. Have you been everywhere including any possible "places" that the race does not know about?

What is objective, either created in mind that the mind views (reflects on), or what is objective out side the mind in the world, is transcendent to the mind-read Kant and the limits of reason: atheism is an idea, or is it just mindlessness?. That means one must interpret this objectivity. Hegel gives access to this transcendence because reason is in all this objectivity-even in god structures: one then can know the ideas, but one can not become the object and then know with a capital K. If you start with a bias, there is no god, or there is one, or I am not sure, that is what you will end up with in the logic-that is why there is no philosophy here, just dime a dozen know it alls. Atheists can not show that there is no god absolutely, except on these great philosophical genius threads and say there ain't, so yeah its a myth as non believers, except data forum, attempt rational arguments that there ain't one, a man's explanation for there not being one, eo epso, its a myth. Your fairy tale crap says nothing as you are nothing but one of 6 bill with lame opinions.

Please don't respond to my posts if you have nothing to say except how you feel as I could care less how you feel or what you believe or not believe.
I don't understand why you want to make atheism complicated, when it really is simple...Atheists do not BELIEVE in gods. That's it. That's all.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:46 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:

Well it's going to be hard to make a true religion. And you are going to be adding only to all the fake one's. In the Christian faith Jesus Christ fulfilled hundreds of prophecies of Himself that were made many hundreds of years before he was born. Perhaps you need to invent a time machine first, so you can write prophecies about yourself that you can fulfill later on.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:12 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well it's going to be hard to make a true religion. And you are going to be adding only to all the fake one's. In the Christian faith Jesus Christ fulfilled hundreds of prophecies of Himself that were made many hundreds of years before he was born. Perhaps you need to invent a time machine first, so you can write prophecies about yourself that you can fulfill later on.
I think there are just as many, or more, scholars of the OT who would disagree with your statement. If your comment were accurate all Jews and Muslims would convert to Christianity.

This is what gets me about some religions - many proponents only associate with like minded people, so they verify these statements among each other, nodding heads, until they get the courage to state these extreme statements to the rest of us. It's as though their 'real' world consists only of their congregation and others like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality