Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2011, 12:42 PM

79 posts, read 133,725 times

Advertisements

What is lifefor you?
What have you learnt and can you follow it everyday?

What makes you get up every morning?

For me, Life is my children and they have made me realise that LOVE is all we want and get accepted from everyone.

I am still try to not judge people and love them no matter how they are.

My children makes up wake up every morning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 08:15 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vparent View Post
For me, Life is my children and they have made me realise that LOVE is all we want and get accepted from everyone.
Not to criticize at all, but to simply point out that is the reason for life, the survival of the species. Bears, wolves, the wild cats, all the apes, etc. etc. mate, give birth to, and care for and teach their young to survive and make their way on their own, be it send them to college, or teach them how to bring down an elk so they can eat.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:43 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
The meaning of life changes every once in a while. Currently, the meaning of life is trying to seduce the neighbor's 47 year old wife. She is hot!

Old 03-05-2011, 08:19 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
To be is to do.

Work is the purpose of life.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:04 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
To be is to do.

That's sad

Old 03-05-2011, 11:40 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times
Default The "No-Need" Solution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The meaning of life changes every once in a while. Currently, the meaning of life is trying to seduce the neighbor's 47 year old wife. She is hot!
pix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
To be is to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
That's sad
Ahhh yes; this guy must have a thrilling social life. The guy everyone wants to invite to their next socializing event (yah want to predict his answer to that one, AN? )

The meaning of life is pretty much what you need it to be, but a lot of folks, especially those who seem to need a God in their lives, is to give endless thanks to that supposed giver of life, to celebrate their own devotion to Christ and to continue to speculate how it's all worthless unless you do, indeed, have your specific god in the picture.

Oh yeah, and to rebuff us damm-ned atheists, since we remind them there's a lot more truths out there, just out of reach for those hide-bound in fundamentalist thinking.

For me, that's all simply unnecessary. I'm not afraid of death; I'm not struggling without the Good Lord or the mythical Jesus; I don't believe the answers He's supposed to have provided us, since they don't test out worth an owl's phart, and finally; his supposed pathway to eternal glory is fraught with global greed, violence and bigotry, at the expense of our fellow man.

I ask: why do you NEED a reason for life? Just enjoy it all, "learn to learn", sit and smile in the sun with a loved one and enjoy that sipping Bourbon, port or nice Merlot. Or bottled Perrier™ water if that's your thing. Oh yeah; and your pet cat. Right Dottie girl? (she's purring... )

Old 03-05-2011, 01:26 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,139,994 times
The purpose of life is to master those weaker than you.

To conquer, to win. Duh!

Old 03-05-2011, 07:13 PM

79 posts, read 133,725 times
Question Why are we born...to do some specific work

MAybe i shud re-phrase my question:
Why are we born? Why dont we have some manual which wud guide us as to why and what we r supposed to do?

Does anyone knows why they r living..to do what?

Some people die earlier then other..why so...so mother nature thinks that you have done what u were supposed to do, so its time to die...is this true!!!

Old 03-05-2011, 07:14 PM

21,149 posts, read 19,736,448 times
Quote:
What is lifefor you? Being aware of and appreciative of all the beauty and love in the world and around me.

What have you learnt and can you follow it everyday? That life is a very precious gift and that I should make the most of it.

What makes you get up every morning? Either the alarm clock or a full bladder.

For me, Life is my children and they have made me realise that LOVE is all we want and get accepted from everyone. Uh, I bet they want some toys too.

I am still try to not judge people and love them no matter how they are. Yeah, that is my lifelong challenge too.

My children makes up wake up every morning Why don't you tell them to shut the heck up and go back to bed?

Old 03-05-2011, 07:20 PM

21,149 posts, read 19,736,448 times
Quote:
MAybe i shud re-phrase my question:
Why are we born? Because my mommy and daddy were "interested" in each other. Why dont we have some manual which wud guide us as to why and what we r supposed to do? Who would read it? ...and who would do what it says? Kids don't even listen to their own parents (at times).

Does anyone knows why they r living..to do what? To experience life on Earth (& space if you are an astronaut ).

Some people die earlier then other..why so...so mother nature thinks that you have done what u were supposed to do, so its time to die...is this true!!! It would be kind of boring if we all died at 78 years, 3 months, 12 days, and 8 hours. Imagine how reckless people would be if they knew they were not going to die till then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality