Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 09:47 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I guess I would have so say the one's that should be felt sorry for, are those that judge others by looking at the negatives and not the positives.

No arms, no legs, no worries. [VIDEO]
Great video as I am an amputee myself, it is all how you look at life,your mind can be your handicap as well as your enabler. I guarantee you this guy does not want anyone to feel sorry for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 10:31 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
The fact that we live in a fallen world is why people are born into bad lives. God didn't intend for the world to be like this but ever since Adam and Eve sinned, this world is a mess.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:35 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
karma. its not what u did now its what u did b4. its an opportunity to work thru it. its an opportunity despite all odds to do good instead of evil. this will break the karmic pattern and bless those around u.
its is not only the explanation of physical deformity but also moral.
most on the hood have no idea why the irresistable urge to take revenge for something that happened b4 1862 and to do so by killing a brother. ??? makes no sense, but it has to do with karma. resist and u become changed and the effect is felt in the community as well.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:30 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
Ok ok so I know I don't have the best rep to being the most religious friendly on these boards , however, when it comes to logic I am very open minded to understanding these things.

A lady where I work ... is.. well, terribly terribly weird looking. We aren't talking "She isn't cliche hot". It's not even a matter of looking SEXY or attractive. She has these bumps/"boils" all over her face -- her bottom half of the face seems.. dead (when she speaks it looks like a muppet)..and her bottom look like cat teeth?!.. They are thin and curly. It's so weird.

About 2 weeks ago, one of the attorneys (for some reason) had their small child with them (as in maybe 4 or 5 years old). He [child] was talking to her and then he said, "Why do you look like that" so she gave him that cliche old line "Well this is how God made me".

I then realized this woman is probablyreligious and she uses this as an excuse to help herself death with her "deformity". I feel bad -- but if there is a God, why would he make her so hard on the eyes? As far as I know she isn't married.

This isn't just about her. Why are people born into parents of abusive parents? I understand we all choose our actions (such as the parents abusing the children), but why would someone be put into these HORRRRIBLE situations when all they were.. is born?

Why are people born into poverty? Not so much "not able to afford an iPhone", but people in countries who have little to no clean water and very little food. What's the point? What is "God" trying to do with these people?

Why do we have some of the crazy illness' that we have? Cancer? Seriously? Why would God give us a disease that ANYone can develope, and causes a slow and painful death. Why? Why should people who have lived good, decent lives... die slowly and painfully?

None of this makes sense to me. I'll ACCEPT the argument that all evil on earth is man made -- fine -- but why are there BAD UNAVOIDABLE things that happen to people?

If you go to the thread titled "Paranormal activity", go to page five, fourth post from the top, and I explained my experience and knowledge I have learned over the years.
No way of proving it is true, but it does offer a reasonable explanation as to why humans are as they are.
Bob.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:33 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Ok ok so I know I don't have the best rep to being the most religious friendly on these boards , however, when it comes to logic I am very open minded to understanding these things.

A lady where I work ... is.. well, terribly terribly weird looking. We aren't talking "She isn't cliche hot". It's not even a matter of looking SEXY or attractive. She has these bumps/"boils" all over her face -- her bottom half of the face seems.. dead (when she speaks it looks like a muppet)..and her bottom look like cat teeth?!.. They are thin and curly. It's so weird.

About 2 weeks ago, one of the attorneys (for some reason) had their small child with them (as in maybe 4 or 5 years old). He [child] was talking to her and then he said, "Why do you look like that" so she gave him that cliche old line "Well this is how God made me".

I then realized this woman is probablyreligious and she uses this as an excuse to help herself death with her "deformity". I feel bad -- but if there is a God, why would he make her so hard on the eyes? As far as I know she isn't married.

This isn't just about her. Why are people born into parents of abusive parents? I understand we all choose our actions (such as the parents abusing the children), but why would someone be put into these HORRRRIBLE situations when all they were.. is born?

Why are people born into poverty? Not so much "not able to afford an iPhone", but people in countries who have little to no clean water and very little food. What's the point? What is "God" trying to do with these people?

Why do we have some of the crazy illness' that we have? Cancer? Seriously? Why would God give us a disease that ANYone can develope, and causes a slow and painful death. Why? Why should people who have lived good, decent lives... die slowly and painfully?

None of this makes sense to me. I'll ACCEPT the argument that all evil on earth is man made -- fine -- but why are there BAD UNAVOIDABLE things that happen to people?
Original sin or some other version of god works in mysterious ways.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:35 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
The fact that we live in a fallen world is why people are born into bad lives. God didn't intend for the world to be like this but ever since Adam and Eve sinned, this world is a mess.
See??

That train is never late.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:36 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
karma. its not what u did now its what u did b4. its an opportunity to work thru it. its an opportunity despite all odds to do good instead of evil. this will break the karmic pattern and bless those around u.
most on the hood have no idea why the irresistable urge to take revenge for something that happened b4 1862 and to do so by killing a brother. ??? makes no sense, but it has to do with karma. resist and u become changed and the effect is felt in the community as well.
My thoughts as well.

I believe in reincarnation and karma. We are put here to learn a lesson, to evolve into the best person we can be. For some, it takes multiple incarnations to learn those lessons.

Perhaps, in their last life, a person was abusive. In their next life, they are abused, if a person valued beauty above all else their next life would be a lesson in ugliness and so on and soforth........

I've known people from both ends of the spectrum and the ugliest people always seemed to have the most beautiful souls.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:49 PM

82 posts, read 117,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Agree!

Old 12-31-2011, 04:13 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Why are people born into bad lives? because there are lots of bad people..and as the world overpopulates the more people will be born into bad lives

Old 01-01-2012, 01:18 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,134,830 times
Quote:

People are very creative in finding ways to justify god's actions that he supposedly did.

some say that people are born like this because "of the sins of their parents"

but they forget that there is a verse in the Old Testament that says that God told the people that "from now on" people will be punished for their own sins, not for the sins of their fathers

so the people forget their own bible when trying to explain something

pharisees of Jesus' days asked him: was this man born blind because of his own sins or the sins of the father?

Joh 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

how could this man suffer for his own sins before he was born? did pharisees believe in reincarnation?

So if pharisees believed in reincarnation, this would put a ranch into Christianity who doesn't believe in such a thing

Why else would they ask?

So Christians don't know their own verses, don't really know their own bible, so how can they make good doctrines?

so this answer, that "god made us this way on purpose" is just another way for someone to explain something when they don't know the facts of their own teachings

But the real answer is in nature all around us:

why do some apples grow bad on a perfectly good tree?
why some children turn out bad when born to perfectly good parents?
why some parts in the factory turn out bad and some good when all are created the same?
why all the seeds we sow are good, but some grow up to be bad fruit?
why some people are born with a tail? (surely god did not have a purpose in that...)
why some people are born with defects?
why some dough comes out baked perfectly and some just doesn't (even though done the same way)

It's the nature of things. It's the law of the existence. Some things turn out good and some turn out bad. Nobody is sitting there and planning to create bad stuff. And yet it comes out.

People with defects are "factory defects" if you will. Nature (or the process of creation) screwed up. No surprise. It happens like that everywhere on all levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality