Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 10:44 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times

Advertisements

Should I challenge the troll with facts from Africa like the Victoria Waterfalls (>100,000 years old), the oldest active cave formation Sudwala caves (>1.8Billion years old and still making those spiky things), the second oldest active cave formation Cango (>1.5Billion years old)

Of course the honorable douche-bag Kent Hovind has not been to Africa and has not refutation for the scientific claims.

Should I? Should I?

Naah waste of time, I will simply agree with him

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 10:45 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
And reading these comments, makes me sad to know just how indoctrinated and brainwashed our society has become from the powers pulling the strings behind the scenes.
...because it's SO logical that an utterly evil magic dude is running around trying to convince the children of god that they are actually monkeys by planting false evidence all over the planet, so he can take their souls in the afterlife.

Never mind that real people in the here and now benefit greatly by convincing you to jump through their flaming hoops,not to mention reaching into your pocketbook when it suits them ... It makes me sad how brainwashed so many people in our society are from other human powers pulling the strings behind the scenes.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:46 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't even understand what you are talking about, to be perfectly honest with you. Do you not understand what a hydrogen atom is? I'm not sure what your problem is with hydrogen or why you think it disproves science. Because it is small? Because it is small and has empty space inside it?

To me - it basically sounds like you are saying - water is made up of atoms. I can't see the atoms therefore water does not exist.
How many Hydrogen atoms could you fit into this <.> period. How many atoms could you fit into their void of "nothing." I'm not hiding the question here.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
...because it's SO logical that an utterly evil magic dude is running around trying to convince the children of god that they are actually monkeys by planting false evidence all over the planet, so he can take their souls in the afterlife.

Never mind that real people in the here and now benefit greatly by convincing you to jump through their flaming hoops. (not to mention reaching into your pocketbook when it suits them)...
I am a part of no organizational church to receive donations for their larger synagogues. Assumption of who I am, and you have no clue. I have financially supported groups in which I support (based upon my knowledge of what they do.) Who has define "Real People" for you?

Old 03-22-2011, 10:50 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
How many Hydrogen atoms could you fit into this <.> period. How many atoms could you fit into their void of "nothing." I'm not hiding the question here.
I don't know - I'm not a scientist. My guess would be a heck of a lot of hydrogen atoms. Are you saying that science isn't true because you can't understand how small things can be?

Old 03-22-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Should I challenge the troll with facts from Africa like the Victoria Waterfalls (>100,000 years old), the oldest active cave formation Sudwala caves (>1.8Billion years old and still making those spiky things), the second oldest active cave formation Cango (>1.5Billion years old)

Of course the honorable douche-bag Kent Hovind has not been to Africa and has not refutation for the scientific claims.

Should I? Should I?

Naah waste of time, I will simply agree with him
And show me the evidence these are as old as you say they are. Radioactive carbon dating is only useful for a couple thousand years. The older the time is, the less and noneffective it becomes. So show me some evidence, not just "Dr. Seuss at University __________ funded by government _________ said so."

Old 03-22-2011, 10:53 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
Hmm 2011 - 1993 = 18

Yup an 18 yo homeschooled no doubt has far more infinite wisdom than say 100 years of self correcting science.

Oh if you want to prove Hydrogen exists, I can set you up in a dark container full of it with breathing apparatus and a BIC lighter, just a flick and you will be really convinced.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't know - I'm not a scientist. My guess would be a heck of a lot of hydrogen atoms. Are you saying that science isn't true because you can't understand how small things can be?
Do you think this universe could have fit in that dot? Time to start reading the Bible - a creation account that has historical, archeological evidence. A theory that doesn't defy the laws of physics.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:57 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Do you think this universe could have fit in that dot? Time to start reading the Bible - a creation account that has historical, archeological evidence. A theory that doesn't defy the laws of physics.
The bible DOES defy the laws of physics, far worse than your assumption the universe can't be compressed into a dot...

Old 03-22-2011, 10:57 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,744 times
Quote:
And show me the evidence these are as old as you say they are. Radioactive carbon dating is only useful for a couple thousand years. The older the time is, the less and noneffective it becomes. So show me some evidence, not just "Dr. Seuss at University __________ funded by government _________ said so."
The more you say the more you reveal your ignorance. Carbon dating is used on organic (as in once alive) material only. And I think you made up that silly 2000 year figure.

The internet is full of evidence regarding evolution and the age of the earth.
Perhaps the subject is too complicated for you to understand. Is that why you haven't done your homework?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality