Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 05:18 PM

4,530 posts, read 5,155,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The Bible gives us reason to believe those who don't have the capacity to understand will not be held accountable.

But put to death anyway? And that is OK with you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 08:28 PM

20,484 posts, read 12,878,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Wow, you state this so glibly. Do you have any idea how awful it sounds?

God created man in his image, screws up royally in his design, then blames his design and kills them all

Come on, doesn't that sound like a cruel, vindictive and heavy handed method?

If I do a bad job parenting do I just drown my children?

"Oh but god loves everyone"....

Do you see how ridiculous this all sounds?
Would you rather be a robot?

Old 04-14-2011, 08:31 PM

20,484 posts, read 12,878,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
But put to death anyway? And that is OK with you?
If they went to be with God, it was better than living in an evil world.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:55 PM

860 posts, read 1,364,370 times
Quote:
Would you rather be a robot?
lol, you're the one sounding more like a robot, programmed only to follow what you've been told, not what you reason. You've stated that murder, genocide and taunting are not only acceptable, but also divine. And how could God have warned the entire worlds population through prophets? People didn't even communicate or fully reached the western hemisphere back then.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:02 PM

494 posts, read 892,782 times
Quote:
If they went to be with God, it was better than living in an evil world.
Are you antiabortion?

Old 04-15-2011, 06:46 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,734,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You're right, Mormons did. And here's what's significant about that fact. Most Christians think we completely disregard the Bible. This goes to prove that's not the case.
It's tough to break all the rules without knowing what they are in the first place.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Your understanding of holiness is non-existent.
I love how we go from "different interpretations of the Bible are just minor misunderstandings that are unimportant" to "you're wrong!!!1!" in just a handful of posts. Kind of shows how seriously the first claim should be taken.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Then your god in not infallible. Is that what you're saying?
That, plus god is powerless to fix what he has created.

When my car has a problem, I can either fix it myself or take it to a mechanic. Seems that God can't do this - it just does the equivalent of tossing every car ever made into the ocean in a hissy fit. I guess I'm smarter than it, or at least better at this whole taking care of stuff created by us thing.

With this in mind, I don't see why it is worthy of being worshiped.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:39 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,708,113 times
Quote:
That example was mine only.

So you admit you purposely displease God, and then you blame Him?
No I don't admit anything, you seem to miss the point, but that doesn't surprise me. You god KNEW Adam would sin, then set him up and let him. Then makes his billions of children pay for Adam being set up. Twisted, very twisted. Only a blind believer cant see that and makes excuses for it.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:44 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,708,113 times
Quote:
Taunt? How so?

Most, if not all can be refuted. And once again, unless one your "mistakes" refutes the main message that Jesus is our Savior, it really is not that important.

You cannot honestly read the words of Jesus and see His actions and believe that is the message.

No they cant be refuted people have tried and failed, they are written right there for all to read, mistakes, big ones. Science has also shown that the bible has not a clue about the world or whats in it. Sorry there is not refuting. And as much as you like to be blind and ignore it, your so called god had a book written that is chock full of mistakes. Doesn't seem like a real knowledgeable god.

I dont believe in your Jesus or that he did anything the bible says he did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality