Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 11:45 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,604,707 times

Advertisements

I've only been around for a few days, but I love it here. I've joined other forums that are so caustic, people are afraid to speak up, for being ruthlessly attacked. Here, we have such a great mix of people from all backgrounds, able to debate subjects without loosing their cool. I'm so pleased I stumbled upon this site - it's very special.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 01:17 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,269,035 times
The Lord High Moderators deserve much of the credit for the relative coolness of the discussions. But I agree, there are many highly informative and intelligent people here. (Especially those who agree with me.)

Old 04-17-2011, 09:34 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,806,401 times
Sometimes I'll read some posts here and can feel my blood pressure rising a little, but then I make the mistake of scrolling down to the comments of some random Youtube video, or general comments on an article of a news website, and I'm reminded that even folks I highly disagree with here aren't so insane after all. Except in the politics forums. We all must be insane to comment there.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:59 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,919,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
The Lord High Moderators deserve much of the credit for the relative coolness of the discussions.
Beware 'June The Slasher'!!!

Last edited by Rafius; 04-17-2011 at 12:12 PM..

Old 04-17-2011, 01:33 PM

591 posts, read 644,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
i mean since i got on this forum which was a first time thing for me ,debating stuff on forums,i have really met some interesting and intelligent people also alot of heart here,the situation im in here(at home) is that i dont have anyoe to talk to about these subject,no one i know are even slightly interested so thanks CD and everyone i met here,i wish we could all get toghether and havea good oul pint of guinness and a chat.

id love to know what people think of me here,not that it would bother me wether anyone liked me or not but i also feel that none here really knows me,i could probly go into a big essay here tryin to tell people what im like but i hav been using this site just to contemplate spiritual things and get an idea of people's views,and thanks to everyone that ever gave me a good oul thumbs up or a rep(which seems for me to be hard to get,must be the bad gramer and spellng),and understand i respect everyones beliefs(except ET doctrines,thats just joke~).

anyhway although im not really a religios person i do have certain faith in things,faith that through my own experience came about,but faith is over-rated too if you ask me,i could have faith in one thing in this moment and in the next tottaly loose faith in the sme thing,but im so convinced that Krishna exist's that its almose weird since i've only visited a temple twice and only to look around,i have no assotiation with devottees,which is an immportant part of devottee life.but i have never been a good or even a half descent representitive of these subjectc,i only try explainin things from either,and ill admit it,my knowledgs of the Vedas,which is exremely poor and from my own experiences.

but i have a book here that i came across,and i only bought it because their as loads of cool Krishna pics in it,but there are also a page written bye the writer at deal with these subject's,and although their is vasts amount of knowledge on these subject this book just gives a breifing that is a page or 2 long'.

so im goin to start posting some pages out of this book,ill make sure that i remember to say the writers name and ill just pick out what i think should go in here,you's can argue among yourselves about these topics because i ont be taking pART IN THE DISCUSSIONS,

BUT ALL IN ALL IT SHOULD GIVE PEOPLE A LITTLE BITOF A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF HINDUISM,WHICH ISnt EVEN A WORD AND ILL START WITH THAT asap.

P.S................cITy Data,thanks fo givin me the oppurtunity o hang out with some real intersting people.

Good post. Going online and debating stuff is INCREDIBLY enlightening. I believe the Rider in Rev19 is an avatar with a user name. I believe the internet is the new Heaven and Earth. God's new favorite city. THe new Jarusalem. I have made one incredible discovery after another from everybody proclaiming Armmageddon on line. It isn't just the spirit working through me, it is ALL of us together that makes it all happen. I will always do this.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:43 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,256,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
I really like you!
I would love to have a pint with you someday, but you would have to come to Rivendell. I don't like to leave here anymore. It is too crazy out there.

I think some of your ideas are pretty far out there, but I find you and your posts interesting. You are the only person that I forgive for such bad typos.
I imagine I can hear your accent with your grammar and slang terms, and I like that. It makes you more real to me.

I do enjoy the Hindu artwork. Pretty blue people!
glad you enjoy the artwork,windows to the spiritual world,and that you dont mind me bad grammer. BTW where is rivendell,because i just might drop in someday and pull you on that pint

Old 04-17-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
Good post. Going online and debating stuff is INCREDIBLY enlightening. I believe the Rider in Rev19 is an avatar with a user name. I believe the internet is the new Heaven and Earth. God's new favorite city. THe new Jarusalem. I have made one incredible discovery after another from everybody proclaiming Armmageddon on line. It isn't just the spirit working through me, it is ALL of us together that makes it all happen. I will always do this.
did you read that link i left for you about the apocolyptic rider?

Old 04-17-2011, 08:09 PM

591 posts, read 644,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
did you read that link i left for you about the apocolyptic rider?
No I didnt.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
No I didnt.
second last post of the ,'ask a hindu' thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality