Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 05:45 AM

570 posts, read 735,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar
So you are saying it's perfectly justifiable for a father or mother to kill their child if the child doesn't believe what the parents believe.
Who said anything about killing ?
Quote:
punished this son on his ingratitude .

punished not killed !!!
In that matter punishment could be cutting expenses or something like that .
What cause the misunderstanding between us is that you are looking at the issue from a small detail & I am looking at the whole picture here .
Quote:
People who think like you do are a big part of what is evil in the world.
So you are simply saying that justis = evil
My dear .. All of the evil that we see today in this world appears in the absence of justice ... Prevail passion on justice .
Quote:
Sorry, no matter what a child of mine did, even if they were a serial killer, I would still love them and I would never murder them .
True .. but please try to see the biger picture here .. You represents the emotional side ... Society system represents the justice side ... God represents both sides .
A serial killer deserve to be punshed but of curse not by you & that don't mean the Judge dosen't have Mercy!
There must be a law applied fairly to all of us .
See the deference now ?
Quote:
That doesn't mean I wouldn't hold them responsible for their actions, but as a parent my love is unconditional. I love my kids no matter what. I would sooner die a thousand horrible deaths than to kill my own child.
Again true .. but you are not God .. It is not fair to Judge the issue by this way because you don't represent both sides like God do .
You care for your interests first .. God must care for all of our interests .
Quote:
This makes me far more moral, compassionate, and righteous than your imaginary god. My love for my children is unconditional; his is utterly not.
Different standards creates the wrong decisions ...
See the above .

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 04-24-2011 at 06:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythunderstood
Why do you assume that those are the only 2 possibilities......that either YOUR god exists, or he doesn't?
God do exists ether if we believe in him or not .
As for me and 1.6 -1.8 billion Muslims there is only one possibilitiy & I am being generous to even talk about a second one .. a third would be considered as squandering
Quote:
What if the "one true god" is not the christian god?
Have you ever heard of other god who said that he creat everything & there is no other god but him ?
If you said yes then could you please till me Who?

Quote:
What if he gives second chances to those who did not worship any gods, but eternally punishes those who praised and worshiped other gods?
On the first step of Justice scales ... Who is better.. a Person who made a sincerity effort in the quest of finding God and was wrong or another who did not give a D**N about it ?
Quote:
Anyways, aren't christians taking a huge risk of committing idolatry by holding jesus as coequal to God (Jehovah) Himself? The "trinity" in unbiblical is considered to be idolatry by all of the other Abrahamic religions (Judaism and Islam) and even some christian denominations as well. Yahweh is a jealous god who does not take idolatry lightly. It appears that you are taking just as much of a risk (or more) in your beliefs.
God of Muslims, Christians and Jews is the same god .. but they (Christians and Jews ) changed there original belief when they proclaim for the existence of a partner to the One God .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes
Let me get this straight, "god is so stupid that all I have to do is pretend to believe in it to get into heaven????" Now.....I have difficulty believing in any of the gods, and, even if I did believe in one, it would not be one so easily fooled
When I made any statments I consider that I speak to sensible adults ..
So when I say "try to believe in God" It is understood that I am talking about making a sincerity effort to faith attempt !!!

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 04-26-2011 at 08:02 AM..

Old 04-26-2011, 10:38 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,885,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post

Have you ever heard of other god who said that he creat everything & there is no other god but him ?
If you said yes then could you please till me Who?
Will this be enough for you?
Category:Creator gods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-26-2011, 10:49 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,602,149 times
Quote:
ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ

And you are on the way to Outer Space
See ??
I see.

I see that you reject hundreds of gods, yet cling to one.

Quote:
Nothing more easy than write a couple of words
ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
And nothing is more difficult than to face an uncomfortable reality.

Most of mankind has rejected those older pantheons of gods. We now see them as colorful but ridiculous relics of an earlier stage in history, when people were less aware and more naive.

Now we have one god left to go.

And he's going.

That's the reality.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius
Will this be enough for you?
Category:Creator gods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Attention please .. I will repeat it again :
If you ever heard of other god who said that he creat everything & there is no other god but him then please inform us immediately .
You could go all through your list and you wont finde any god who considered as the one in only god , God to all creatures ,The creater of everything ,No partner no wife no son no pictures no statue .
Allah is the only exception (Don't You find that amazing ?!!!!! )
for example :
Abassi :
has a wife & she give humanity two gifts, Argument and Death .
(so that God did't claim to be the creator of everything ) !!
Mbombo :
is a god exclusively for Central Africa .
never dare to claim he is the only one god to all creatures !!
Heryshaf :
god who was born from the primeval waters .
(so water was befor him that mean he didt creat water & he also never clam to be the only one god )
I dare you to finde a god that even claims to be the only one true god and the creator of every thing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo
I see.

I see that you reject hundreds of gods, yet cling to one.
Yep .. the only one ( Allah )

Quote:
And nothing is more difficult than to face an uncomfortable reality.
To you maybe .. We are more convertible than you could imagine
In fact when it comes to religion we are the most convertible human beings who ever walk on the face of this earth
Quote:
Most of mankind has rejected those older pantheons of gods. We now see them as colorful but ridiculous relics of an earlier stage in history, when people were less aware and more naive.
That is what happen when you follow the wrong religion .
When you dont believe in the one true god ( Allah ) .
And that is exactly why Muslims are a different story .
Quote:
Now we have one god left to go.
See ??
You said it yourself ..
My friend .. the truth always remain at end , All the alleged gods fell respectively and will continue to fall until only one God last ... guess who that one God is ?
Oops .. sorry I forget that you already admit it .

Quote:
And he's going.
Keep dreaming .. but beware those dreams of yours could turns into your worst nightmares :
The Muslim population in Britain has grown by more than 500,000 to 2.4 million in just four years, according to official research collated for The Times.
The world’s Muslim population is expected to increase by about 35% in the next 20 years, rising from 1.6 billion in 2010 to 2.2 billion by 2030, according to a new, comprehensive report released today by the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religion & Public Life on the size, distribution and growth of the Muslim population. The study is part of the Pew-Templeton Global Religious Futures project, an effort funded by The Pew Charitable Trusts and the John Templeton Foundation to analyze religious change and its impact on societies around the world

Quote:
That's the reality.
Maby on your realty TV show that only exist in your head

Old 04-28-2011, 06:46 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,724,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
Well of course they use different tools. Would you use the same tool to cook a mean that you used to fix a car? Science and religion are two different fields of study.
Yes, and science has an effective set of tools for determining truth. Religion does not and is stuck using faith and subjective feelings - areas which are useless in determining what is real and true.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:51 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,724,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
People get mad when Christians want Creationism taught in schools. How is this any different than teaching the big bang theory? There is no proof to back up this claim and yet they teach it anyways.
I agree, there's no proof to back up your claim that creationism and modern cosmology are similarly lacking in evidence. In fact, it is a claim that's soundly contradicted by the evidence.

Here's a bit of light reading that will help bring you up to speed with reality : Evidence for the Big Bang.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:00 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,330,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
Yes, and science has an effective set of tools for determining truth. Religion does not and is stuck using faith and subjective feelings - areas which are useless in determining what is real and true.
The tools are different, because the topics are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
I agree, there's no proof to back up your claim that creationism and modern cosmology are similarly lacking in evidence. In fact, it is a claim that's soundly contradicted by the evidence.

Here's a bit of light reading that will help bring you up to speed with reality : Evidence for the Big Bang.

Yeah, yeah... I've heard this before. However, it can not be proven from where we are now. Until we have the means to travel to the center of the universe, if it exists, and if we can even find it, it cannot be proven. It has as much weight as creationism.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:37 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,602,149 times
Quote:
Attention please .. I will repeat it again :
If you ever heard of other god who said that he creat everything & there is no other god but him then please inform us immediately .
You could go all through your list and you wont finde any god who considered as the one in only god , God to all creatures ,The creater of everything ,No partner no wife no son no pictures no statue .
Allah is the only exception (Don't You find that amazing ?!!!!! )
for example :
Abassi :
has a wife & she give humanity two gifts, Argument and Death .
(so that God did't claim to be the creator of everything ) !!
Mbombo :
is a god exclusively for Central Africa .
never dare to claim he is the only one god to all creatures !!
Heryshaf :
god who was born from the primeval waters .
(so water was befor him that mean he didt creat water & he also never clam to be the only one god )
I dare you to finde a god that even claims to be the only one true god and the creator of every thing .

Yep .. the only one ( Allah )

To you maybe .. We are more convertible than you could imagine
In fact when it comes to religion we are the most convertible human beings who ever walk on the face of this earth

That is what happen when you follow the wrong religion .
When you dont believe in the one true god ( Allah ) .
And that is exactly why Muslims are a different story .

See ??
You said it yourself ..
My friend .. the truth always remain at end , All the alleged gods fell respectively and will continue to fall until only one God last ... guess who that one God is ?
Oops .. sorry I forget that you already admit it .
Yep.

Mankind is progressing. We now have only one sky-god to cast onto the scrap heap of history.

Adherents to every faith that ever existed considered themselves exempt from the passage of time and the changes it brings. None are. Your favorite faith will wither and die, also. Time changes all things.

When asked by his emperor to make a statement that will always be true, the old trusted adviser whispered to him. "This too, will change."

If your faith gives you comfort, then by all means enjoy it. Over the span of a man's lifetime, the change may be insignificant. But our lives are short and history is long and patient.

Quote:
Keep dreaming .. but beware those dreams of yours could turns into your worst nightmares :

Fear is for believers who cower before their deities. And from that fear springs the hate that powers the atrocities they will commit against their fellow men.

Quote:
The Muslim population in Britain has grown by more than 500,000 to 2.4 million in just four years, according to official research collated for The Times.
The world’s Muslim population is expected to increase by about 35% in the next 20 years, rising from 1.6 billion in 2010 to 2.2 billion by 2030, according to a new, comprehensive report released today by the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religion & Public Life on the size, distribution and growth of the Muslim population. The study is part of the Pew-Templeton Global Religious Futures project, an effort funded by The Pew Charitable Trusts and the John Templeton Foundation to analyze religious change and its impact on societies around the world
It will be fascinating to see how your god handles this increase and provides for their needs.

Be aware that extrapolating a current trend into the future is always risky at best.

Quote:
Maby on your realty TV show that only exist in your head
Since you are middle eastern, it's natural that you would have interest in middle eastern myths and creation stories.

Those of us who aren't middle eastern have none.

You can convince yourself, but it goes no farther than that.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:37 PM

290 posts, read 389,137 times
Question: they say that faith is a gift from god. Belief is not something you choose to have. So how do you make yourself believe in something just in case it's true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality