Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 11:52 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,814,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
I am not a 'religious' person, though I believe in God. Believing in God does not make one good automatically either though.

I am also not the one eaten up with bitterness, hate and fear. That would be you spewing that vitriol.

Again, normal 5 year olds are not sexually attracted to people. That alone would make her different. Either someone taught her that sexual manner of thinking at too young of an age, or there is something indeed 'miswired' within her. You know her better, supposedly. Your violent defense of her sexualization is peculiar - I'm sorry I've obviously hit that nerve within you. I pray you find peace and a way to set aside your obvious anger and fear.
No one is saying that kids know their sexuality for certain at that age. Most 5 year olds don't know what sexuality is. But most young gay/bi/trans kids, do have a distinct feeling of being different from their peers. Kids certainly feel attractions at that age.

Gay brains are wired differently than straight brains, and LGBT often know they are different at a very young age.

Your opinion is irrelevant. Science and the life experience of most gays are all the evidence needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 12:15 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,964,484 times
So your not religious, where do you get your gay are sinners

First of all, I am a Christian. I believe in God. I do not believe in or worship a religion. That is ignorance on your part, rearing it's head again.

I never said 'gay are sinners'. That statement, by you, is a lie. I don't make misleading statements like that, though of course, they are sinners. After all, we're all sinners - even those of us who do not choose to be gay. If you were someone who spent time studying God's Word, you might already know this to be true, rather than spending time trying to twist the words of others on a forum board.

I am not about to prescribe to the 'gay' agenda. I do not go onto gay forum boards and ask why they choose to be gay. Yet those who claim to be atheists or other non-believers are on this board day and not, challenging my beliefs... hmmm...

Old 04-26-2011, 12:26 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,703,092 times
Quote:
So your not religious, where do you get your gay are sinners

First of all, I am a Christian. I believe in God. I do not believe in or worship a religion. That is ignorance on your part, rearing it's head again.

I never said 'gay are sinners'. That statement, by you, is a lie. I don't make misleading statements like that, though of course, they are sinners. After all, we're all sinners - even those of us who do not choose to be gay. If you were someone who spent time studying God's Word, you might already know this to be true, rather than spending time trying to twist the words of others on a forum board.

I am not about to prescribe to the 'gay' agenda. I do not go onto gay forum boards and ask why they choose to be gay. Yet those who claim to be atheists or other non-believers are on this board day and not, challenging my beliefs... hmmm...
Christianity is a religion.

No it isn't a lie,You said you believed they are doing something wrong, (sinning in your book).

I am not a Sinner, I don't prescribe to your silly little book of myths. You choose not to be gay huh, so you had those tendencies? Gee I never choose to be homosexual. Because you don't choose. I have read the bible front to back a few times, with a open mind, I saw it for what it is, nothing but horror, mistreatment and killing. it is not any gods words, just plagiarized from other stories that were around thousands of years before your Christianity.

You don't care to talk to gay people, you already stated that so you just through out your opinions to judge. Yet I am interested in learning why those that don't believe like me think they way they do. For the most part I have no issue with believers, only when they start spreading their holier than thou attitude or you are a sinner bs around do I get annoyed.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:37 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,964,484 times
Okay... well, I'll continue to live my life and not be concerned with your opinions, but I get that you are interested in mine and the opinions of others like me. It's a shame that you don't realize that God loves you too - you don't have to just stand pining outside, not quite understanding, just yearning. Knock and the door will be opened!

You're welcome. Anytime. I'll continue to be happy in my blessed life. I pray that you will someday find happiness in your choices.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:43 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,703,092 times
Quote:
Okay... well, I'll continue to live my life and not be concerned with your opinions, but I get that you are interested in mine and the opinions of others like me. It's a shame that you don't realize that God loves you too - you don't have to just stand pining outside, not quite understanding, just yearning. Knock and the door will be opened!

You're welcome. Anytime. I'll continue to be happy in my blessed life. I pray that you will someday find happiness in your choices.

I am overly happy, I have friends, family and awesome kids. I dont need the promise of some afterlife or threat of hell to be happy I wont live in fear. Pity so many do.

Of course your not concerned with my opinions, because they go against yours. but I have an open mind and I am interested in others. Sad so many are not.

And if there is a god, if he is like what is written in the bible, he is unworthy of my love and devotion. Parents love their kids unconditionally and don't threaten with eternal damnation and pain.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:17 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,605,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Everything Scripture has predicted has either happened or will. You don't have to be blind to see this. Yet, you would have to be blind to miss it.
Riiiiiiiiiiiight........... You'll have to forgive me, but that is just your fantasy.

The tapping noise you hear is the blind squirrel's white cane.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:05 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,252,721 times
I had a crush on Michael J. Fox when I was about 5. I also had a boyfriend when I was about 3 years old. I got in trouble for kissing my boyfriend in class when I was 7. I didn't know that I was such a freak!!! Oh well - if people think gays are weird, I have nothing against them thinking I'm weird, too!

Old 04-27-2011, 05:50 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,426,236 times
Quote:
Complete nonsense as I do not hate or fear gays. I think they're doing something wrong.

When one of my children does something that they shouldn't - ie playing with their DS instead of sleeping, I correct them and tell them what they are doing is wrong and to put it away and go to sleep.

I do not tell them I hate them or that I am afraid of them now that they have done something they should not. Thinking that I react that way shows ignorance and a lack of emotional maturity.

I do not know why gay people choose the lifestyle they do. I think it's unfortunate and sad for them and those who love them. Their opinions do not matter to me, as I do not feel their brains work the same as those who do not exhibit this type of behavior.

I pray for healing for them. I pray their anger is lifted for them and whatever it is that clouds their judgement is lifted from them.
So all you need is for someone to "correct you" and tell you what you are doing is wrong?

okay I'll volunteer: You're wrong.

Now you can put it away and go to sleep.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:32 AM

643 posts, read 1,125,374 times
Why are they doing something wrong though?

Old 04-29-2011, 09:41 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,426,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post
Why are they doing something wrong though?
Who? The religious people who don't like gay people and who actively promote myths, negative stereotypes, and misrepresentation of the facts about sexual orientation and gay people? Or gay people themselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality