Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 07:16 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Gullibility is one of humanity's most indoctrinated and ingrained traits. Tell us what we should believe in and we will die convinced it is true. Show us, and we will hate all who disagree. We are all too quick to accept our indoctrinated and ingrained beliefs...without ever actually examining those beliefs. 90% of all the earth's population have exactly the same religion.....Whatever Mommy, Daddy & your culture tell you is true.
This fact alone causes the majority of our wars and societal problems. We are RIGHT. We are GOOD. We have the TRUE RELIGION. All the others are DISGUSTING FILTH or in league with satan. They must be converted, hated or killed. Either way they will spend the rest of a billion forevers in everlasting hell. WE have the REAL Scripture. THEIRS are phony, and evil lies.
That, my friends, is your heritage. Almost every person on the earth, in one form or another, holds this view. Simply because that's what their parents have taught them. That's how the System works, and sustains itself. The only thing that separates a Christian from a Budhist, Hindi, Muslim, etc...is GEOGRAPHY. Our indoctrinated and ingrained beliefs are a direct product of our geographical location and the beliefs of the people who raised us.

Why do the "Muslims" hate the "Christians"? For exactly the same reasons the "Christians" hate the "Muslims." Why do the Christians hate "Budhists, Hindis, New Agers, etc??? THEY are not US. And only the US (and those who side with US) are right and have the one and only truth.

The overwhelming majority of you, statistically, do not care to find things out for yourselves. The overwhelming majority of you, statistically, will NEVER EXAMINE YOUR BELIEFS NOR ANYONE ELSE'S BELIEFS...to see if what you've been indoctrinated with could possibly be untrue.

Put as simply as possible:
Just because a government tells you something does not make it true.
Just because a church tells you something does not make it true.
Just because a media outlet tells you something does not make it true.
Just because your parents tell you something does not make it true.
Just because I tell you something does not make it true.
Just because any XYZ tells you anything, does not make it true.

So...I am asking for some open discussion on exactly what makes Christianity any more the TRUE RELIGION than any other religion. I would also like to know the steps you've taken in studying other religions to rule them out as the TRUE RELIGION.

For the Christians, specifically, I'd like to know exactly what you think of Jesus teachings when he stated: "Love your neighbor, as yourself...Love your enemy, turn the other cheek, etc..." Apparently your neighbors only include those who believe as you do and it has been made plainly clear, by all the wars we are involved in, that you don't love your enemies...I don't believe this is what Jesus taught...so tell me why or how you came to the conclusion that Jesus didn't know what he was talking about...since Christians completely ignore these things.
If we look closer at all time lines Even before Christ Came to the world of Human stupidity....they were using an IDOL of Engraven image, and making those dead things more important than Life or the living....slaughtering people who did not believe in their bent democracy or hipocrisy, stone demigods, or twisted metal beings of pollution of the mind and body...

Now symbolically speaking...today we have the same things going on with MONEY/economies!...and All Nations are using it or tied to it...and all nations are slaughtering people, or oppressing people or enslaving people to need it....

TO have what God has Given freely to all living things.....Life..."given" means God shares EVERYTHING GOD MADE ALIVE!!!...and if we are his children...then we should learn that lesson and make it a reality!

And why has God made us?...To tend and keep the Garden , so it says!..and so it contiues, and so it multiplies with us..as helpers of it.

So who is now following this principle rule of compliance?, if the planets water, air, and soils are being polluted, poisoned, and intoxicated with vile?

Do not blame religion...for the scripture speaks about the opposite estate or ANTI LIFE...clean and presteen (goes to polluted and defiled)..given (not bought)...nor sold (No false Profits)...sharing Like God...giving, caring...loving life...keeping it well cared for, by doing the service with it sinlessly in mind to restore this world to...and restoring something back to its rightful place at the center of the Garden..Adam and Eve removed....doing this sinlessly...restores EDEN and if more do it...EDENS which is the multiple of EDEN....many mansions...comes to be known by God in doing for God!

WHO is making that?....and WHO are opposed to it?
...and who are slaughtering people to stop it?..and in the slaughtering and murdering and underhandedness..sin more sin and make more sin and evil spawn!

ANTI GOD, ANTI CHRIST< ANTI EDEN><ANTI LIFE>= Death!

Who is making that?...those who break the precepts, commandments, and covenants, and or support that or them breaking those laws, commandments, precepts and instructions of God!

Know them by their Fruits!

$atan is the problem here......Not religion if practiced to the letter of the laws God laid down to live by ,and the reason for our true making...HELPERS OF THE GARDEN!...OR we are nothing to God!....that is your choice now.....look at the Earth now being polluted and defiled under that IDOL of engraven Image thing, God said not to have made more important that he....and say $atan is not with it...while they slaughter more people errecting that monument of corruption sin evil and death again...for someone to knock down again no doubt?
Putting children in harms way will not stop what must be done!...as it is written will be done! to such things!

Last edited by Sir Les; 05-21-2011 at 07:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 03:41 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,406,043 times
You probably want a distinction that exists for the immediate minded; sensate, or based on such; god is for mind so it forms up rationally.....well except for most who now "feel" and operate with empty generalizations (to attempt to prove from the sensate is the scandal in the christian [such as cosmological arguments based on "real" things, ie, from the lesser to the greater, such as because there is a tree there must be a creator]; theology is the content maker while the incarnation is the subject or the sensate for rational thought-the ideal [thought and existent being] is actualized in this man).

God is the empty universal. No content. Philosophically the particular needs to be brought out of this universal for content (everyone should know this, the syllogism). Christianity posits the man Jesus as this. This man then needs to return to the universal to complete the rational cycle (in the christian forum, one would use dogma here, and if you are not familiar with this religion's dogma for the necessity of the bringing into being of the particular out of this universal then one may want to become familiar with it to avoid looking the fool; this is why the trinity is the primary doctrine here, and if this doctrine goes there is no christianity-so if you hate this religion attack it at this point; many christians are doing it as well). The need rationally is to get the particular out of the universal, as genus and species, species gives the actual "thing" to genus, which is abstract; one thinks in the genus but needs the particular to think on it. I need another person to know myself, or consciousness needs another (alter). To know god, he must be like me, a man (or human for sensitive people); when god is an animal, or a hybrid man/animal or some such thing, the human consciousness does not find itself there (the consciousness always goes "outside" of itself "looking" for itself), if god is pure idea, I find him there as idea, but the god is never actually existential (the old idea is that a hundred dollars in mind is not near as valuable as a hundred dollars in mind and the hand).

God in this religion reaches the (A)absolute, so it is superior to all other religions. This is so because the particular is broken out (dirempted) of the universal and yet remains the god, this particular is not composed of other parts (such as a plastic cup, if broken down from surface appearance [here is why sensate knowing has a lot of error] is composed of many "parts" and many have no relation to an other; ie; oil [with carbon chains, atoms], space, quantity, etc): an object that is broken down beneath its surface mere "appearance" and still remains what it is essentially is absolute (consciousness has this quality; but it gets a little "a").

Historically this has caused some difficulty for this religion as to the "amount" of deity in this particular man. This was solved with the "very god and very man" and left to "mystery". After all this religion has elevated the god concept to such a high state that impossibility is foreign to it (see Anselm).

If you look at Islam, it has no incarnation (that I know of at least as yet, an Islam guy told me their god can not poop, sweat, get hungary, etc, so it seems to me that the Islam god can not be incarnated ever-they are offended that a god could do such mundane activities) so the god remains empty universal. Its weight rests on a prophet, as mere knowledge, not the particular coming out of the universal, not the god himself. Being mere knowledge is a higher state than say the ancient Egyptian. It can not complete the syllogism so it will always be internally at odds with itself or "restless"; no reconciliation. It will need to find some way to solve this.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:02 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,122,397 times
Who cares about religion if Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life?

Everyone on this board needs to know that Jesus and religion are sometimes very tenuously connected. The Jewish pharisees he called a brood of vipers, and the pharisees of today would likely receive the same harsh words from him. Despite the passage of 2000 years, little has changed when it comes to religions and priests.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:34 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,406,043 times
This is a philosophy thread-I care.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:37 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,211,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Christians hate Muslims? Christians hate Budhists? Christians hate Hindis? Christians hate new agers?

Why would you lump all Christians into one group and falsly accuse them all of hating everyone you can think of???

And who is "US". You already made clear you refuse to be identified as a Christian?

Would you like to open threads like this at the atheist forum?
I am an agnostic who finds the concept of a creator and heaven etc., laughable at best. However, I do whole-heartedly agree with your sentiment in questioning the OP's statements about Chrtistians hating ....

IMHO, contemporary Christianity is the least-offensive of all religions. In the main, it is uplifting and beneficial for most people. I never detect an significant proactive hate in Christians or Christianity.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:18 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,562,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Gullibility is one of humanity's most indoctrinated and ingrained traits. Tell us what we should believe in and we will die convinced it is true. Show us, and we will hate all who disagree. We are all too quick to accept our indoctrinated and ingrained beliefs...without ever actually examining those beliefs. 90% of all the earth's population have exactly the same religion.....Whatever Mommy, Daddy & your culture tell you is true.
This fact alone causes the majority of our wars and societal problems. We are RIGHT. We are GOOD. We have the TRUE RELIGION. All the others are DISGUSTING FILTH or in league with satan. They must be converted, hated or killed. Either way they will spend the rest of a billion forevers in everlasting hell. WE have the REAL Scripture. THEIRS are phony, and evil lies.
That, my friends, is your heritage. Almost every person on the earth, in one form or another, holds this view. Simply because that's what their parents have taught them. That's how the System works, and sustains itself. The only thing that separates a Christian from a Budhist, Hindi, Muslim, etc...is GEOGRAPHY. Our indoctrinated and ingrained beliefs are a direct product of our geographical location and the beliefs of the people who raised us.

Why do the "Muslims" hate the "Christians"? For exactly the same reasons the "Christians" hate the "Muslims." Why do the Christians hate "Budhists, Hindis, New Agers, etc??? THEY are not US. And only the US (and those who side with US) are right and have the one and only truth.

The overwhelming majority of you, statistically, do not care to find things out for yourselves. The overwhelming majority of you, statistically, will NEVER EXAMINE YOUR BELIEFS NOR ANYONE ELSE'S BELIEFS...to see if what you've been indoctrinated with could possibly be untrue.

Put as simply as possible:
Just because a government tells you something does not make it true.
Just because a church tells you something does not make it true.
Just because a media outlet tells you something does not make it true.
Just because your parents tell you something does not make it true.
Just because I tell you something does not make it true.
Just because any XYZ tells you anything, does not make it true.

So...I am asking for some open discussion on exactly what makes Christianity any more the TRUE RELIGION than any other religion. I would also like to know the steps you've taken in studying other religions to rule them out as the TRUE RELIGION.

For the Christians, specifically, I'd like to know exactly what you think of Jesus teachings when he stated: "Love your neighbor, as yourself...Love your enemy, turn the other cheek, etc..." Apparently your neighbors only include those who believe as you do and it has been made plainly clear, by all the wars we are involved in, that you don't love your enemies...I don't believe this is what Jesus taught...so tell me why or how you came to the conclusion that Jesus didn't know what he was talking about...since Christians completely ignore these things.
I'm glad you said that. Wish I had done it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality