Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2011, 10:22 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times

Advertisements

True Christians don't go around hating and condemning, although sadly many do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 10:32 PM

17 posts, read 23,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
True Christians don't go around hating and condemning, although sadly many do.
Do not blame God for man's errors. I was guilty of this for many years when I was an atheist.

Don't blame God for mankind corrupting His teachings, or for creating convoluted religions.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:13 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,853,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtectYourHeart View Post
Rafius, you asked a question

You were given the answer. Yet you refused to acknowledge that situation and just blurted out more questions, then when asked about it, you respond with "Not in the slightest"

This sort of attitude is a bit disrespectful, and I just have no more desire to speak to you.
Oh right! So because I don't accept your answer it's 'disrespectful'?? As for you having no desire to speak to me Moderator cut: deleted

Quote:
God bless you and I hope you find your way.
May Zoroaster find you.

Last edited by june 7th; 05-06-2011 at 09:07 AM..

Old 05-06-2011, 12:02 AM

430 posts, read 583,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
No, you said maybe I should start walking the walk. That is a judgement. You have already decided that I am not walking the walk. Please don't try to explain away what you have already stated. Because that is called bearing false witiness.

God is not going to ask you why He should let you into His Heaven? What do you base that on? The Bible tells us that there will be many people talking to God about all the things they did in His name while they are standing before Him.
I see. You mean, standing there nervously, listing their endless loyalties and generally sucking up? You think that will buy your way in? Me, I'd prefer total honesty and a short explanation of why I wasn't convinced by the usual stupid illogical trash that literalist Christians try to pass off as fact. You can only wonder at a God who would prefer His patrons to lie on His behalf. I guess we'll see if God prefers dishonest, pandering Pascal's Wagerists or those of us with the ability to use the brains He supposedly gave us.

Of course, He doesn't exist, so I don't anticipate having such an inane conversation.... to gain entrance to what again? You also ignored my thoughts about your hugely vague prophecies, as well as the long-ago creation of a politically useful state of Israel, which only happened as an expedient way to get the Jews out of Britain where they were starting to focus on a mass relocation. Britain did not like that idea. Israel had literally nothing to do with some Biblical prophecy.

Quote:
Oh so the Bible is easily proven to be a conflation of many prior myths and stories.

OK, PROVE IT TO US.

I have found over the years that guys like you spout this kind of nonsense all the time. Yet when asked to display the evidence, their stories easily fall apart.
You truly are the faker others have accused you of, C34. When such evidence you ask for is more than adequately provided, you just mow the responses down and continue to repeat the same unsupportable nonsense. This is widely observed and documented now. I've read many posts here where you've been asked specific questions,and yet when those questions have you cornered, you simply ignore them or bleat your previous claims. Seems you are incapable of honest and humble discourse.

You ask for proof? See the following great examples by Rafius (shortened for brevity, and... I'm pretty sure he's provided all of these previously):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Well we could start....

Dionysus was known as 'Our Lord', 'The Vine', 'The Saviour', 'The Deliverer', 'The Born Again', and 'The Only Begotten Son Of God'....

Then we have the Sumerians...

Bel was the second of a trinity of gods, Ea- the Father, Bel, the Son and Enu, the Holy Spirit...

I could go on and on about such things as ...

It's all out there for your education Campbell....if you care to look.
Asked and answered. Soon to be ignored. Not that C34 cares to learn; he obviously does not. Hopeless intransigence, but he serves as a good example thereof. Make sure you point him out to your friends!

Last edited by Shibumi; 05-06-2011 at 12:13 AM..

Old 05-06-2011, 04:14 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Well we could start with Saul of Tarsus. He came fro Asia Minor where they worshipped the Greek pagan saviour god Dionysus. The claim was that Dionysus was born of a vigin that had been impegnated by Zeus and suffered and died to save humanity. It's likely that Saul/Paul saw Jesus as a reincarnation of Dionysus. All he did was transfer the myths about Dionysus to his Jesus. Dionysus was the Greek 'Christ' and the second god in the trinity of Demeter, Dionysus and Persephone in the same vein as other pagan gods throughout the Middle East.

Dionysus was known as 'Our Lord', 'The Vine', 'The Saviour', 'The Deliverer', 'The Born Again', and 'The Only Begotten Son Of God'. In depictions of Dionysus you will find the words "I am life, death and resurrection" above his head. He's also said, according to mythology "I am at one with my father in Heaven".

Then we have the Sumerians. Sumerian mythology found it's way to the Egyptians, Babylonians, Assyrians, Hebrews and Greeks. The idea of the 'Sabbath' comes from the Sumerians as does the 'Great Flood', the 'Fall of Man' and the laws associated with Moses. The Sumerians had 'Bel', the Son of God' and he was yet another 'saviour' figure. They believed he died and rose again to ensure their salvation (Heard that somewhere before Campbell?).

Bel was the second of a trinity of gods, Ea- the Father, Bel, the Son and Enu, the Holy Spirit. It was the custom to sacrifice a lamb to the gods because they believed that the lamb was the substitute for humanity. Now what is it your Bible says Campbell? "...the Lamb of God which taketh away the sins of the world."

I could go on and on about such things as the Sumerian story about the baby that was hidden in a basket made of bulrushes and floated on the river to save him from being killed by an evil tyrant king....only in those days the river was the Euphrates rather than the Nile and the baby was called Sargon not Moses. Ring any bells dude?

It's all out there for you education Campbell....if you care to look.

Now it's time for you to be educated Rafius. And here is the first link that refutes this nonsense.

Jesus & Dionysus Comparisons - A Christian Response

Old 05-06-2011, 06:09 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,223 times
Quote:
Now it's time for you to be educated Rafius. And here is the first link that refutes this nonsense.

Jesus & Dionysus Comparisons - A Christian Response
Unfortunately and as usual...this doesn't refute anything...for the earliest of your church fathers recognized the similarities and they also recognized the similarities in others religious beliefs, those that came long before Christianity. Try studying other sources (Joseph Campbell is an excellent scholar) ...those who have no conflict of interest nor anything to gain regarding the information they share...true scholars.

Here is a site you may like to peruse:

POCM Pagan Origins of the Christ Myth

Old 05-06-2011, 08:11 AM

48 posts, read 52,657 times
YouTube - ‫ story of mary peace be upon her

Old 05-06-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Unfortunately and as usual...this doesn't refute anything...for the earliest of your church fathers recognized the similarities and they also recognized the similarities in others religious beliefs, those that came long before Christianity. Try studying other sources (Joseph Campbell is an excellent scholar) ...those who have no conflict of interest nor anything to gain regarding the information they share...true scholars.

Here is a site you may like to peruse:

POCM Pagan Origins of the Christ Myth
YouTube - Preacher Converts to Islam
YouTube - Hamza Yousuf

Last edited by ashkar; 05-06-2011 at 09:55 AM..

Old 05-06-2011, 12:05 PM

http://youtu.be/UOPjDtc9li8 the true religion is islam

Old 05-06-2011, 12:14 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkar View Post
YouTube - ‫ the true religion is islam
No it's not. This thread pertains to Christianity, if you don't have anything to say regarding that...please find another thread.

We are not interested in Islamic propaganda...please start your own thread if that is all you wish to discuss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality