Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 04:01 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
Well, I know that if I drive my truck into a ditch It's going to bend some fenders and probably hurt me, but since I have yet to drive it into a ditch, I have yet to really experience it. So while I may know these things, I don't know them to the extent that someone who has driven into a ditch will.

God might know everything, but it would be impossible for god to experience the things I mentioned like death or paper cuts or the death of a spouse - it's a logical impossibility. Cause if god had a spouse, he wouldn't be the only one, If god is all powerful and ever lasting, he can't die. That's not a box, it's just the logical next step.
God is energy, Divine Love, and is connected to all things. He experiences the exact same thing that we experience. We are all connected to each other. That's why is so hard when we lose someone. We feel that disconnect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 05:01 PM

181 posts, read 305,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
He's God not a person, so how would God be able to judge Humans?
I don't look forward to dying and think it will be very unfair to send someone to hell. I am still awaiting for an explanation from him about the creation Satan (originally known as Lucifer). Why would God create the very thing that corrupts our world?

Old 05-11-2011, 05:07 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,482,221 times
He/She is everything, knows everything and is posessed of such wisdom.

We just can't know which of the sins will be weighed most heavily. If your intent was truly evil----I'd say you won't get in. Think about all the people that are presumably up there. Think about what the original leaders did--many are now Saints. I know I can't figure this out.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallenfranchise View Post
I don't look forward to dying and think it will be very unfair to send someone to hell. I am still awaiting for an explanation from him about the creation Satan (originally known as Lucifer). Why would God create the very thing that corrupts our world?
Lucifer was an angel. He had free will just like we all do and was created as an angel. He wasn't perfect because perfection has to be attained but he was still created. The story goes that when Lucifer found out that God wanted His creation to become like Him, Lucifer got mad and rebelled.

Hell is a place as well as a condition. It's the condition of the soul that sends people into darkness (hell). Even an athiest can get to heaven without going into darkness. They won't see God because it takes a belief in Him but they can be just as loving as anyone else.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:14 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,120 times
Quote:
He's God not a person, so how would God be able to judge Humans? He's never had to go thru the trials we have. Even when he supposedly came to Earth as Jesus he never truly was a human. So how does he have the right to judge us according to how we responded and dealt with our situations in life? It seems that God can't judge me because he doesn't truly understand me.

Anyone that answers this question for you has no idea what they are talking about. They can only tell you what they believe. No one knows for sure.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:27 PM

181 posts, read 305,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Lucifer was an angel. He had free will just like we all do and was created as an angel. He wasn't perfect because perfection has to be attained but he was still created. The story goes that when Lucifer found out that God wanted His creation to become like Him, Lucifer got mad and rebelled.

Hell is a place as well as a condition. It's the condition of the soul that sends people into darkness (hell). Even an athiest can get to heaven without going into darkness. They won't see God because it takes a belief in Him but they can be just as loving as anyone else.
About Free Will
So then that means God doesn't know where I'm going to go when I die? If he did know, then that would be predestination which cancels out free will.

About Hell
How do you explain an atheist getting to heaven without believing in Jesus/God? It appears your view of the afterlife doesn't sound like the traditional Christian fundamentalist view.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:08 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,781,890 times
Hebrews 4

14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. 16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:17 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,330,972 times
Because He, God, became man. God put His Spirit upon a man that was chosen from the beginning of time.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:44 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,541 times
Quote:
He's God not a person, so how would God be able to judge Humans? He's never had to go thru the trials we have. Even when he supposedly came to Earth as Jesus he never truly was a human. So how does he have the right to judge us according to how we responded and dealt with our situations in life? It seems that God can't judge me because he doesn't truly understand me.

Let us put it in this ideal...You are ment to be greator than you believe you are...God is mearly showing us the path he wants us to follow to be greator than what we were made for....to Become Like God...is to become like his Son...Follow me...be like me..do like me...speak like me...and tell the truth...for that is the greatest thing, and the most powerful of all things...for with the power of the truth being spoken by God...all things came into living form...all things for that form came into being..and all things were labled as Good by God..in that creation...now how do you become Great?....Be Good!...Do Good..and speak the truth of God..and God will reside in you, with you, and guide you to even greator things...if we follow, do, and act...as God asked we do...then God adopts us as his...for only God's children will do Good..even when the lowest point is upon them...as a test ..and the true nature of the ones trying to follow come to that test in time// that is where the true heart, mind and spirit are forged in the fire..usually in the presence of evildoers...taunting or enslaving or tempting, oppressing or lying to us......and then their is the murdering of them who try...to fulfill what God asked, and what Jesus said to give back to God...

Now that is not so much a mystery....when it is done...when we do for God...God does for us....

"I came to serve and be served"...Jesus said......and then he said "Give onto God what belongs to God"...surely something taken without permission comes to mind?

think about it.....when forgiven for a crime, does one not give back in restitution?...does one not correct the error?....put back what was taken?....and to top it off..and go the extra mile..do it sinlessly...to reverse the curse?

Now that might be what God is waiting for....from all of us....and it could take a twinkling of an eye....or be drawn out for millenium in sins and constant evildoings creating attrosities and bent mutations..not doing that simple thing God made us for.....and not letting anyone even try....while they pollute not only the creation, but the human condition.....wonder why?

$atan!...and being a opposite entity of creation and God...the anti life or murdering constant..and then the final death or second death...is no wonder to be mentioned....see we are aiding in the destruction of not only the Earth, and other living things...but the human entity that should comply to God...but doesn't...sinking deeper into death and constant sin with that Idol told not to have before God, nor made more important than he for life....and thus we fail becoming God like...because we do the opposite...continually

"thou shall not kill"
"do onto others, as you would have done onto you"
"love each other as I have loved you all"..."Do Good onto those who hate you"...not war, murder, oppress, and tax/charge......Share!!!..." I give you everything ".....and so with that truth in our heads...what is all the fighting for?....stupidity!...pure and utter stupidity!.....and now they are polluting it so no one can have anymore a healthy existance..so we all pay for the cure?...or bandaid and still die in sin!

Think about it....Jesus Kicked it out....and they brought it back in...after they slaughtered him and those who followed his testemony and truth, which can still be found in Genesis...if you read that truth as truth....then why are you paying and working for $atan.???...to oppress, enslave, tax, charge, murder, slaughter,undermine, corrupt, underhand, cheat, steal, rob, rape, and pillage, and war on continually....it hasn't changed much this face of $atan...and as long as we support it...we fail to be of any merit to God....and thus we predetermine our own Judgment!...if we judge other things God made Good (and profane them) and say they are bad, and kill them for that lie...and we read genesis 9:3...in that it seems God is underlining something in that statement of what is Given as a living entity, and what is Good...to be shared ...and cared for...to tend "the others" with...and in keeping things clean and unprofaned by reading all of what God made and blessed and made Good....we create a opposing state to God...saying God is a liar....or worse imprisoning, slaughtering, opressing, and even waring on false pretences!...when we change something Good to something bad...changing the signs is not a good practice in the equation of life//for it makes the opposite formation.....right?

Acts 3:21....and Acts 10:15....universal restoration means to put back the way it was..EDEN..and not to profane anything God made Good...in that regard...how the world is spinning now is in error to some of the things said to abide by, to tend to, and to care for...in God's laws of life...in his precepts and moral standings, and on his promises with us if we abide...if we continue to break the foundation of life, and the chain of the eco systems, and the magnetic lay lines under the Earth...we are undermining our selves and all life!...and this causes the need to either be saved...if we comply....or be destroyed for not complying when shown the word, and warnings, and signs, and they continue to ignor them.

That is the judgment of God, to decide when, when we decide what acts we do for or against....cause and effect... are the solutions...and because God said it is established...it will always be established...and those trying to undermine it..and put a demigod over it...and cause all people to work for that dead planet estate// will gain what they are working for.

"Do onto others as you would have done unto you"...if we destroy their homes...they will destroy ours!...the word "others"...meaning other life....Have a good day, and a new way come into your heart, mind and spirit to do GOOD ONTO ALL LIVING THINGS...for they are also part of the KINGDOM OF GOD!...and when You comply to all God asks of us...which isn't much nor is it a burden to do.. ...there is no judgement to worry over!

AMEN?

Last edited by Sir Les; 05-12-2011 at 01:57 AM..

Old 05-12-2011, 02:16 AM

Quote:
About Free Will
So then that means God doesn't know where I'm going to go when I die? If he did know, then that would be predestination which cancels out free will.
From what I understand, we will always have free will and it is God who changes His path to meet ours. For instance, if we are following a path of goodness and then all of a sudden we do something that is not in harmony, God will adjust Himself to our outcome. I will have to look this up again in one of my books but He will still know where we are going and wil never take away free will for all eternity. (If I can remember which book! )

Quote:
About Hell
How do you explain an atheist getting to heaven without believing in Jesus/God? It appears your view of the afterlife doesn't sound like the traditional Christian fundamentalist view.
A belief in God is necessary to get to the Kingdom of God but an athiest can still get to the natural love heavens without that belief as long as they are on a path that is good. A belief in Jesus as a man is never necessary however, the teachings of Jesus are necessary, praying for and receiving Divine Love. No, I'm not a bible reader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality