Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 07:37 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,699 times

Advertisements

He's God not a person, so how would God be able to judge Humans? He's never had to go thru the trials we have. Even when he supposedly came to Earth as Jesus he never truly was a human. So how does he have the right to judge us according to how we responded and dealt with our situations in life? It seems that God can't judge me because he doesn't truly understand me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 07:54 PM

33 posts, read 75,940 times
God created you, so he knows you better than you know yourself. His ways are above our ways, and his thoughts above our thoughts. One day will we know why everything is the way it is, but if God would have just given us all the answers, then no one would search to find the truth or to seek Him.

Seek him and you will find him.

And when you find him, it doesn't mean that you will automatically understand everything and suddenly everything will work out perfect in this life; it just means that He gives you the sense that He is with you, and you have a peace knowing that one day you will have His knowledge.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:57 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Because God is experiencing it through us.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:57 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,327,851 times
But god still isn't experiencing what we are unless humans and god are somehow part of the same entity which would be a logical ball of worms...

God has NO idea what it really means to die, to get a paper-cut, to lose a spouse, to not get his way, to not trust someone on their word, to have a libido etc... The only way god could experience these things is to have others like "him" on the same plane - which kind cancels out him being the only god.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:13 PM

659 posts, read 1,102,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
But god still isn't experiencing what we are unless humans and god are somehow part of the same entity which would be a logical ball of worms...
Pantheism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-10-2011, 10:24 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,549,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post

God has NO idea what it really means to die, to get a paper-cut, to lose a spouse, to not get his way, to not trust someone on their word, to have a libido etc... The only way god could experience these things is to have others like "him" on the same plane - which kind cancels out him being the only god.
I guess you are putting God in a box and setting rules for Him.

A Strawman God.

Open your mind to the possibility that God knows all. (which happens to be the case)

Old 05-11-2011, 02:13 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
He's God not a person, so how would God be able to judge Humans? He's never had to go thru the trials we have. Even when he supposedly came to Earth as Jesus he never truly was a human. So how does he have the right to judge us according to how we responded and dealt with our situations in life? It seems that God can't judge me because he doesn't truly understand me.
I don't see where any of the accounts ever said that Jesus wasn't a human. The problem to be reconciled is the Trinity and trying to reconcile how a part of the substance of God became human or something like it. The Trinity makes it impossible for Jesus to ever have been truly human because of the nature of how the Trinity works.

The mistake is considering the Trinity an absolute. The notion of three persons, one substance is never taught in scripture. The concept is entirely post-Biblical or outside the Bible at the very least. If Jesus and the apostles taught it there is no proof of it. The statements of oneness can many a number of things, and the business of "one substance" has no basis in scripture at all.

Now if we abandon the absoluteness of the Trinity for just a moment let's consider something. Now if he is not a part of God the Father, but is himself a separate person, substance and being, then it begins to change things a bit. Go back to the creation of man and you find "Eloheim (or The Gods) created man in their own image after their own likeness, male and female ..." To me that means exact copy and same species. And by pointing out the plurality of the word used there, suddenly the dialog isn't God talking to himself, it's The Gods talking amongst themselves. Christ would have been one of them for the first chapter of John to make sense.

If we are the same species as God, then our potential gets REALLY interesting of course. It also means that odds are that both God the Father and Jesus Christ know perfectly well what it's like to be human because they are human themselves. It means that Jesus lived his life as a human in every sense of the word. My reading of the New Testament says he didn't just remember it all from the day he was born, the recollection of who and what he was came to him little by little. He would have experienced temptation, illness, and everything else that any other ordinary human experiences. And in his sufferings for the sins of humankind, my understanding has always been that he experienced it all: Everything that any of us have ever or will ever experience. All the bad and all the good and everything in between -- and that part is completely Biblical so it doesn't matter whether you accept the Trintiy or not.

This general concept of the humanness of God was among many Gnostic teachings that were silenced shortly after the Roman Empire turned Christianity into a political machine and started making decisions about doctrine enforcible by law. Some of the Gnostics believed that God the Father was very human in shape and substance, but also happened to be all-powerful, all-knowing, etc. They believed that our destiny is to become what God the Father is right now. They believed that The God consisted of God the Father, God the Mother and God the Son -- so yes there was a female aspect to The Gods in their beliefs. (Not sure what happened to Holy Spirit for those Gnostics, but fascinating nonetheless.) Heresy is a funny thing that way: We define concepts and doctrine that survived as truth and everything else as heresy. But if we run with this "heretical" concept then if all goes well, humans are intended to grow up to be gods and goddesses -- beings that are perfect, all-powerful and all-knowing, and all the talk about being God's children makes a lot more sense. It also means that God Our Father knows perfectly well what it's like to be where we are right now because he's probably been there himself. And we KNOW that Jesus has.

How's that for a completely different way of looking at things?

Old 05-11-2011, 02:28 AM

439 posts, read 556,368 times
Verily, Allah is the All-Knower of the Unseen of the heavens and the earth. Verily! He is the All-Knower of that is in the breasts. The Noble Quran.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:34 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,327,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
I guess you are putting God in a box and setting rules for Him.

A Strawman God.

Open your mind to the possibility that God knows all. (which happens to be the case)
Well, I know that if I drive my truck into a ditch It's going to bend some fenders and probably hurt me, but since I have yet to drive it into a ditch, I have yet to really experience it. So while I may know these things, I don't know them to the extent that someone who has driven into a ditch will.

God might know everything, but it would be impossible for god to experience the things I mentioned like death or paper cuts or the death of a spouse - it's a logical impossibility. Cause if god had a spouse, he wouldn't be the only one, If god is all powerful and ever lasting, he can't die. That's not a box, it's just the logical next step.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:00 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
God doesn't actually judge us as in a courtroom style that we have here. He has laws and when we break those laws, it's our soul that does the judging. Remember Jesus said we will pay to the last farthing. By that He means that we must pay for everything that is not in harmony with the laws of God. The highest law is the Law of Love, in which all other laws must answer to. So, when we practice the Law of Love, by praying for and receiving Divine Love, it eventually washes all sins and inclinations to sin away. In this way, we won't have to go through the law of compensation by reaping what we sow.

God has a part of Himself in each and everyone of us whether we are christian, muslum, jew or nonbeliever. It is through that part, called the I AM, thought adjustor or God fragment, in which God experiences every single little thing we experience. He knows loss because we do. He knows a paper cut because we do. What we experience, He experiences. He completely understand everything we go through and that is why He can forgive much easier than a human can. He has compassion because He knows loss. He loves us beyond imaginig. He has mercy because he knows how hard it is for life here. In this way, He has no reason to come to earth as Jesus or anyone else. He doesn't need to. If He did ever leave the center of all universes, they would cease to exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality