Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 09:10 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post

Well, the Bible does say that the whole world is in lying in the power of Satan so that's understandable and to be expected.

Is that really what you think I'm trying to do? Change your mind? Change of mind is totally out of my control. That's between you and God. We plant the seed of truth and it falls on different soils. Some soils permit the seed to sprout. Others soils do not.

That certainly doesn't sound like the amoral god you worship.

Well, the Bible identifies people who hold your unchristian anti-biblical amoral opinion as blind and groping about in utter spiritual confusion. In stark contrast, people who uphold God's laws as I and other true Christians do are described as enlightened.

[i][font=Arial]

BTW
What is your "understanding" of the scripture below? Or does the writer seem confused to you as well? Hmmmmm?
I think you are confused about me... I'm not Christian nor do I believe in God... So, I don't worship an amoral God and I don't believe in the Bible... So scripture really means nothing to me except that it sometimes helps me to understand where Christians are coming from.

I respect your right to your beliefs and your religion - but we live in a country where not all people are Christian. I believe that we should all respect the beliefs and nonbeliefs of others and leave them to live their lives the way they best see fit - as long as it is not harming others. And by not harming others - I don't mean Biblically or religiously or anything to do with an afterlife - I mean physical or mental harm to others. Romantic relationships between two consenting adults is nobody's business but their own. I'm not a religious person and I do not see homosexuality as a sin - but even if I did - I still think that it is not my place to say who is allowed to love who.

You can have your own ideas about right and wrong - but it is wrong to try to enforce them on everyone else. This is the same thing as Muslim extremists wanting to put Sharia law into our government. If you believe that certain things are immoral - do not do them. But you can't expect everyone to have the same beliefs as you do as to what is moral and immoral. I have a moral code that I adhere to - it just isn't the same as yours. You believe that yours is right and mine is wrong - I believe that mine is right and yours is wrong. Luckily, we live in a place where we are both allowed to exist and neither is forced to accept the beliefs of the other. Freedom is a beautiful thing. So is respect. Even if I don't respect your opinions - I repsect your right to them.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:24 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,126,802 times
[quote=Radrook;19261917]
Quote:
Dewdrop93

Well, the Bible does say that the whole world is in lying in the power of Satan so that's understandable and to be expected.

Is that really what you think I'm trying to do? Change your mind? Change of mind is totally out of my control. That's between you and God. We plant the seed of truth and it falls on different soils. Some soils permit the seed to sprout. Others soils do not.

That certainly doesn't sound like the amoral god you worship.

Well, the Bible identifies people who hold your unchristian anti-biblical amoral opinion as blind and groping about in utter spiritual confusion. In stark contrast, people who uphold God's laws as I and other true Christians do are described as enlightened.

[i][font=Arial]

BTW
What is your "understanding" of the scripture below? Or does the writer seem confused to you as well? Hmmmmm?
The arrogance in the above statements is astonishing. Perhaps, Radrook, you need to study what the Bible says about humility, because it's pretty evident you seem to know it all and are damn proud of it.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:29 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,126,802 times
Quote:
Anyone full of bitter hatred for another human being isn't a Christian. He just claims to be one because he has warped view of what being a Christian is. The Bible speaks of such persons going around saying Lord! Lord! and then being rejected by God for the way they treat others.
Pot. Kettle. Black.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:47 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
The last couple of centuries has included the most savage wars that mankind ever waged and the greatest atrocities.
No, war is not more savage, knowledge has also lead to technology to make killing more efficient, but certainly not more savage.

Savage is thousands of men wading into each other with spears, swords, axes, and maces literally chopping opponents into pieces. Feeble attempt to dodge of my points though. Obvious I answered your question, beyond what you could deal with, so a change the subject attempt?

Old 05-22-2011, 09:48 PM

869 posts, read 972,690 times
Quote:
The arrogance in the above statements is astonishing. Perhaps, Radrook, you need to study what the Bible says about humility, because it's pretty evident you seem to know it all and are damn proud of it.
So to be humble I have to feign ignorance of common biblical information and feel ashamed of knowing what the Bible teaches?

Old 05-22-2011, 09:50 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
So to be humble I have to feign ignorance of common biblical information and feel ashamed of knowing what the Bible teaches?
You don't know what the Bible teaches, so your pride is nothing more than you projecting your own superiority over others.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Pot. Kettle. Black.
Well, since you have such a low opinion of who I am and what I am really thinking then I guess there is really no further use in our having any type of communication. Bye!

Old 05-22-2011, 10:02 PM

I think I'd better clarify something. After all it's only fair. I have a very low tolerance level for posts that are designed to heckle, jeckle, insult, snide, chant, or drone. I respond to such by simply using my ignore option. It keeps my screen clear of such unnecessaries. So if indeed that is your modus operandi for whatever reason then I guess that would signal a termination of our communication. Of course you will be able to continue in the same mode. The only difference is that I won't see or read the droning, chanting, accusations, snides or whatever and respond. Which is really of no importanc since such a modus operandi really isn't seeking discussion anyway.

Peace!

Old 05-22-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
I think you are confused about me... I'm not Christian nor do I believe in God... So, I don't worship an amoral God and I don't believe in the Bible... So scripture really means nothing to me except that it sometimes helps me to understand where Christians are coming from.

Since the rest of your post is merely a droning about things I don't believe, views I don't hold, and attitudes I have never claimed, I won't respond to it. Especially since I already have touched on those points on this thread and you INSIST on misrepresenting what I say. Why? Beats me! Maybe to annoy?
Bye!

Old 05-22-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
No, war is not more savage, knowledge has also lead to technology to make killing more efficient, but certainly not more savage.

Savage is thousands of men wading into each other with spears, swords, axes, and maces literally chopping opponents into pieces. Feeble attempt to dodge of my points though. Obvious I answered your question, beyond what you could deal with, so a change the subject attempt
I don't even recall what the question was. All I do know is that your statement is a misrepresentation of reality. It also assumes certain things about the Bible which are also untrue. But those things are for another thread and judging by your fanatical attitude I won't waste my valuable time.

As for savagery, I still am of the opinion that Hitler's methodical murder of six million Jews via concentraion camps in which they were slowly starved and worked to death or imediately gassed, and the incineration, and mangling and deformation of survivors at Nagasaki and Hiroshima, as well as the incendiary bombing raids on Dresden which roasted thousands of men women and children alive were more savage than what mankind had done previously and on a far greater scale. You disagree?

Perhaps we have different definitions of what savagery is.

Hiroshima Victims
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMkP4...yer_detailpage

Holocaust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwdP4...yer_detailpage

Last edited by Radrook; 05-22-2011 at 10:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.