Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 05:34 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
Absolutely not. Nowhere are Christians told to harass or physically assault homosexuals or anyone else who chooses to live in an unchristian manner. The only obligation a Christian has is to tell others about Christ's Ransom sacrifice and its requirements and leave the decision of acceptance or rejection to each individual.

Anything beyond that which involves physical attacks and harassments is definitely not scripturally approved. In fact,physically attacking or harassing homosexuals can cause Christian to lose God's approval and place his salvation in jeapardy since it involves the hubris of going beyond what we are told to do.

1 Corinthians 4:6
"Do not go beyond what is written."
The only obligation a Christian has is to love God and each other. Loving means to NOT shove your beliefs down their throat in hopes that they will bend to YOUR will. God's will is that we just love one another. Homosexuals are as much children of God's as anyone else and they have the right to live that lifestyle. It's not for you or anyone else to say they are living in "sin". God doesn't see the sin. He sees a beautiful creation made out of LOVE. If you are a true christian, you will love them UNCONDITIONALLY. This means accepting that they are children of God's and have a right to live their own life. You are not God so please do not speak for Him based on man made ideas.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:33 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
I think most of us have a different understanding of love and harassment than you do. I also don't think that either side is going to change the mind of the other. At least I know very few people this confused in real life!

Old 05-22-2011, 09:47 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,321,979 times
Love the sinner, hate the sin.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:53 AM

869 posts, read 972,191 times
Quote:
The only obligation a Christian has is to love God and each other. Loving means to NOT shove your beliefs down their throat in hopes that they will bend to YOUR will.
That's your warped perception and not what the Bible teaches nor what Christians are doing either. Umm, anyway I already addressed those false ideas in my previous post.

Quote:
God's will is that we just love one another.

LOL! You wish! The true God has moral requirements for us that he expects us to respect. Your God doesn't?Then we worship different Gods. Yours is obviously an amoral one similar to the ancient Greek gods who not only winked at sin but engaged in it themselves as if it was a sport.
Who are you praying to Zeus or Hera?

Quote:
Homosexuals are as much children of God's as anyone else

Again!

Being human doesn't automatically qualify anyone as a child of God. That privilege belongs to those who respect his moral requirements. Those who do not are referred to as children of Satan. You call yourself Reverend and don't know that?

Quote:
....and they have the right to live that lifestyle.
Another strawman and another point I already addressed and clarified. Of course humans have the right to choose. However, the consequences of that choice are clearly delineated for us in the Bible. One road leads to death the other to life. Or is that one part of the Bible that you use your magic marker on?

Quote:
It's not for you or anyone else to say they are living in "sin". God doesn't see the sin. He sees a beautiful creation made out of LOVE. If you are a true Christian, you will love them UNCONDITIONALLY. This means accepting that they are children of God's and have a right to live their own life. You are not God so please do not speak for Him based on man made ideas.
Again you ignore my previous explanation and choose to drone!

Anyway, Nope! That is NOT what te Bible tells us. That's what YOU WISH it told us so you can boogywoogie. Anyway I already addressed those points and chanting nayyyy! Nayyyy! Mindlessly doesn't qualify as a refutation. Background clatter? yep! Refutation? Nope! Anyway my friend, since droning your chosen modus operandi then I guess our communication is permanently and sadly over. Bye!

Last edited by Radrook; 05-22-2011 at 12:20 PM..

Old 05-22-2011, 12:22 PM

[quote]Dewdrop93

Quote:
I think most of us have a different understanding of love and harassment than you do.
Well, the Bible does say that the whole world is in lying in the power of Satan so that's understandable and to be expected.

Quote:
We are certain that we are of God, but all the world is in the power of the Evil One.
1 John 5:19

1 John 4:6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

Quote:
I also don't think that either side is going to change the mind of the other.
Is that really what you think I'm trying to do? Change your mind? Change of mind is totally out of my control. That's between you and God. We plant the seed of truth and it falls on different soils. Some soils permit the seed to sprout. Others soils do not.

Quote:
Matthew 13:22
As for what was sown among thorns, this is the one who hears the word, but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful.

Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7:13-14
“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.
That certainly doesn't sound like the amoral god you worship.

Quote:
At least I know very few people this confused in real life!
Well, the Bible identifies people who hold your unchristian anti-biblical amoral opinion as blind and groping about in utter spiritual confusion. In stark contrast, people who uphold God's laws as I and other true Christians do are described as enlightened.

Quote:
the path of the righteous is like the light of the dawn,
Quote:
That shines brighter and brighter until the full day.
The way of the wicked is like darkness;
They do not know over what they stumble.
Proverbs 4:18-19
BTW
What is your "understanding" of the scripture below? Or does the writer seem confused to you as well? Hmmmmm?

Quote:
Then Jesus sent the multitudes away, and went into the house. His disciples came to him, saying, "Explain to us the parable of the darnel weeds of the field."

He answered them, "He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man, the field is the world; and the good seed, these are the children of the Kingdom; and the darnel weeds are the children of the evil one. The enemy who sowed them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are angels. As therefore the darnel weeds are gathered up and burned with fire; so will it be at the end of this age. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will gather out of his Kingdom all things that cause stumbling, and those who do iniquity, and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be weeping and the gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine forth like the sun in the Kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear.
– Matthew 13:36-43, World English Bible

Last edited by Radrook; 05-22-2011 at 12:55 PM..

Old 05-22-2011, 12:56 PM

14 posts, read 17,376 times
Quote:
Loving neighbor as self demands that we show concern for other people's behavior because behavior can lead to perdition and we are supposed to be concerned about the eternal welfare of our fellow man and not just stand by smiling as he ruins himself. So yes, you do have a right to feel unconcern if that is your choice. But as a Christian you would have the duty to feel concern. Otherwise you miss the whole point of loving neighbor as self and become the clashing cymbal referred to by Paul.
This:

Look at it this way.

Let's say you know a way a person can have a better life. You have it yourself. You truly, honestly, whole heartedly, BELIEVE IT. You have an answer, and they don't. Something they're doing bars them from this better life in your mind. Again, you really BELIEVE it. What kind of prick would you have to be to not tell them what you believe they can do different to have this better life?

Yes, there are plenty of pharisees and hypocrites out there who have a self righteous condemning view and chastise others to take out some form of bitterness, but we can't deny there are people out there also with nothing but the best of intentions, even if they might not jive with your viewpoint. I'm not particularly religious, but I will never hold that against someone who is. I think our country is too quick to assume the worst nowadays and too reluctant to discuss motivation and too quick to assign motivation based on our own preconceptions and it serves nobody.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
90sman
Love the sinner, hate the sin.
Amen! Unfortunately they seem to find that concept too deep or maybe unacceptable because then they can't feel persecuted and claim martyrdom.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:31 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,232,534 times
Radrook
Quote:
We are certain that we are of God, but all the world is in the power of the Evil One.
1 John 5:19

1 John 4:6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.
(...)
That's your warped perception and not what the Bible teaches nor what Christians are doing either. Umm, anyway I already addressed those false ideas in my previous post.
Do you actually believe that quoting the bible equals understanding God?
Or that Satan (or any other evil person for that matter) is unable to quote scripture?

Quote:
In stark contrast, people who uphold God's laws as I and other true Christians do are described as enlightened.
And the Nazis described themselves as superior and the rest of the world as inferior.
I guess the fact that calling yourself and other true Christians enlightened isn't the same as actually being enlightened.

FYI Jesus isn't a Christian; he was born a Jew and had never referred himself as a (true) Christian, Protestant, Catholic or any other (Christian) denomination.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:35 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Absolutely not. Nowhere are Christians told to harass or physically assault homosexuals or anyone else who chooses to live in an unchristian manner. The only obligation a Christian has is to tell others about Christ's Ransom sacrifice and its requirements and leave the decision of acceptance or rejection to each individual.

Anything beyond that which involves physical attacks and harassments is definitely not scripturally approved. In fact,physically attacking or harassing homosexuals can cause Christian to lose God's approval and place his salvation in jeapardy since it involves the hubris of going beyond what we are told to do.

1 Corinthians 4:6
"Do not go beyond what is written."
Then please explain why so many christians exhibit irrational and visceral hatred towards homosexuals, all the time screaming about their religion demands the behave in such a hateful manner?

Old 05-22-2011, 01:37 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Quote:

LOL! You wish! The true God has moral requirements for us that he expects us to respect. Your God doesn't?Then we worship different Gods. Yours is obviously an amoral one similar to the ancient Greek gods who not only winked at sin but engaged in it themselves as if it was a sport.
Who are you praying to Zeus or Hera?

Again!

Being human doesn't automatically qualify anyone as a child of God. That privilege belongs to those who respect his moral requirements. Those who do not are referred to as children of Satan. You call yourself Reverend and don't know that?

Another strawman and another point I already addressed and clarified. Of course humans have the right to choose. However, the consequences of that choice are clearly delineated for us in the Bible. One road leads to death the other to life. Or is that one part of the Bible that you use your magic marker on?

Again you ignore my previous explanation and choose to drone!

Anyway, Nope! That is NOT what te Bible tells us. That's what YOU WISH it told us so you can boogywoogie. Anyway I already addressed those points and chanting nayyyy! Nayyyy! Mindlessly doesn't qualify as a refutation. Background clatter? yep! Refutation? Nope! Anyway my friend, since droning your chosen modus operandi then I guess our communication is permanently and sadly over. Bye!
Yup, your a real biblean. Get over yourself. Just because you do not agree with me, doesn't mean I'm wrong. It means we are at different levels of understanding God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality