Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 07:57 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,309,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Love the sinner, hate the sin.
That may work for some things, but not in this case. The "sin" being someone's preference for someone of the same sex, something which a homosexual person cannot help or change.

"Love the sinner, hate the sin," has always struck me as meaning, "I don't hate you, I just hate everything about you."

Old 05-23-2011, 08:04 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,328,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
Loving neighbor as self demands that we show concern for other people's behavior because behavior can lead to perdition and we are supposed to be concerned about the eternal welfare of our fellow man and not just stand by smiling as he ruins himself. So yes, you do have a right to feel unconcern if that is your choice. But as a Christian you would have the duty to feel concern. Otherwise you miss the whole point of loving neighbor as self and become the clashing cymbal referred to by Paul.
Trust me, very few people will accept "God's message" if it is preached by pointing out flaws. If you want to bring Christ to someone, the only way to do it is with love and not by pointing out their sins right off the bat. Show first gods love, and allow the individual to find the sin in their own heart.

This is the way I was taught when I was a christian. You can pray and be concerned with someones actions, but you will only push them away from God if you point out their sins first.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:07 AM

247 posts, read 498,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
Trust me, very few people will accept "God's message" if it is preached by pointing out flaws. If you want to bring Christ to someone, the only way to do it is with love and not by pointing out their sins right off the bat. Show first gods love, and allow the individual to find the sin in their own heart.

This is the way I was taught when I was a christian. You can pray and be concerned with someones actions, but you will only push them away from God if you point out their sins first.

AMEN!

Old 05-23-2011, 08:15 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post

Sounds manipulative. Suck them in first, then start to criticise them when they have their guard down.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
That's your warped perception and not what the Bible teaches nor what Christians are doing either. Umm, anyway I already addressed those false ideas in my previous post.

LOL! You wish! The true God has moral requirements for us that he expects us to respect. Your God doesn't?Then we worship different Gods. Yours is obviously an amoral one similar to the ancient Greek gods who not only winked at sin but engaged in it themselves as if it was a sport.
Who are you praying to Zeus or Hera?

Again!

Being human doesn't automatically qualify anyone as a child of God. That privilege belongs to those who respect his moral requirements. Those who do not are referred to as children of Satan. You call yourself Reverend and don't know that?

Another strawman and another point I already addressed and clarified. Of course humans have the right to choose. However, the consequences of that choice are clearly delineated for us in the Bible. One road leads to death the other to life. Or is that one part of the Bible that you use your magic marker on?

Again you ignore my previous explanation and choose to drone!

Anyway, Nope! That is NOT what te Bible tells us. That's what YOU WISH it told us so you can boogywoogie. Anyway I already addressed those points and chanting nayyyy! Nayyyy! Mindlessly doesn't qualify as a refutation. Background clatter? yep! Refutation? Nope! Anyway my friend, since droning your chosen modus operandi then I guess our communication is permanently and sadly over. Bye!

Do you know where in the bible that it actually tells us not to judge each-other without righteous judgement? Since man cannot be righteous we cannot judge. THE BIBLE SAYS THIS LOUD AND CLEAR. How can you go on and on about how you must follow the teachings of the bible if you forget this very basic, very clear message that God has placed before you?

TO ALL CHRISTIANS: You are committing a sin when you are judging others for their sin. Only God can do such a task.

Here it is for you, right out of the bible:
John 8:2-11
2And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
3And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

This message is very clear. Only God has the power and righteousness to judge us for our sins.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Sounds manipulative. Suck them in first, then start to criticise them when they have their guard down.
Nope, wrong... We (Humankind) cannot point out each-others sin or flaws. That is for the individual to decide. We are to humble ourselves in-front of God and all of mankind. The bible teaches us to come humbly to the lord, in order to do this, we must first humble ourselves to each-other(humankind).

Old 05-23-2011, 08:26 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,526 times
Quote:
Absolutely not. Nowhere are Christians told to harass or physically assault homosexuals or anyone else who chooses to live in an unchristian manner. The only obligation a Christian has is to tell others about Christ's Ransom sacrifice and its requirements and leave the decision of acceptance or rejection to each individual.

Anything beyond that which involves physical attacks and harassments is definitely not scripturally approved. In fact,physically attacking or harassing homosexuals can cause Christian to lose God's approval and place his salvation in jeapardy since it involves the hubris of going beyond what we are told to do.

1 Corinthians 4:6
"Do not go beyond what is written."

"Let the Evil be Evil, the filthy Be filthy, the Holy be Holy, and the righteous still do Right, My rewards are with me"...."First will be last and last will be first" in true order..no doubt there!

So in that context is the Christian belief....which seems to make one who Practices it...allowing all things to be left to do, and act out, and gain the rewards mentioned By God for each estate not wanted, or wanted.....to test em all?, to see for our selves what these states bring onto the human condition....

And so...if we are filthy...we find virus, and bacteria a problematic state, that is warrented by the acts of stupidity done to gain God's anger.

If we are Evil...well Do onto others as you would have done onto you...In that regard...what you sow is what you reep...and the same thing will be gained by that.

And the Holy..?...Well they are the tellers of the words of God, and Christ, to some degree, and cause and effect is noted by the act 3:21...but they do not teach the act in which God made Eden...and in which estate God wants us to flurish in...and because they have not insisted on putting back something God wants restored sinlessly to his estates...and the Money Idol thing told not to have, which most ask for today to keep sin and evil alive more so born into that error they make more important than God...I see a problematic state being born more, because of it..and because Jesus said it would be..."Your making a den of Evil, sinners, robbers, and theives,...:" when asked about the idol and the taxes...So if we draw a line to Mathew 6:24 we see the truth about it more clearly spoken By God.

And those who do the right things for the right reasons..?...well they are now being slaughtered, imprisoned, oppressed, sanctioned, belittled, and denied the right to do so, by the big Bullies on the block.....by the other three states listed above..which are in error of the master Builders plan of restoration of Eden and the making of more Edens..because they outlaw the righteous ones trying to sow some seeds into the Earth to make it tame...while they continually slaughter those who contest that IDOLIC polluting state.

So who or what is not letting the forth state be? which is really the first state still not being done right if we read Genesis 2:15, 9:3...profaning something God made Good, and had in his Garden...at the center no doubt?...that was taken without permission.?
And who is going to restore it sinlessly to its rightful placement at that center point?...and how long does it take to do so?

"Give onto God what belongs to God"...did not Jesus say that?

Now because they have profaned something Good, and made it bad or outlawed or prohibited...and or are poisoning other plants because of their inital error in bad second judgments...They are now putting the children of God, and even God himself into Prison or graves.....symbolically speaking of course...and who suffers for that crime of the century?...and saying In God we trust? or God bless Our lands?...when doing the opposing ideal of God in their very actions...and slaughtering his children, on the other side of the planet...for Profits and gains in wealth and economic stability?

Sometimes listening to the whole word, and acting them out, to find the right state of mind...is important....But to just watch those who do..is sufficient enough to see the outcomes of each estate made in error to what Jesus said to do...or for that matter what God said to do..."tend and keep the Garden with all things Good that he made Good and clean, and blessed"....simple enough instructions ...where is Eden or Edens being the Multiple sinlessly made?.....and there is not one place found completely so under that IDOL..nor can there ever be that place..with out sin or evil..as long as the IDOL is over it..or in it..or made by it....imagine that.

And of course God's word is paramount..so anything Jesus said should align with the master builders instructions,the givens, what God judged as Good, clean, and allowable, and given! By his instructions,laws, precepts and covenants done!!.. and why we were made to address the issues at hand...tending and Keeping the Garden well....by sowing seeds to feed the living!...now who opposes that?...look they are slaughtering again in the name of Freedom and liberty...Just another Lie if they imprison the children of God for sowing seeds..God said were Good..and Given!

Blessings?...or woe wrath and pestilences?....those are the rewards...coming sooner than later...no doubt in my mind.

And some say it is a free choice?...Yah right.

Last edited by Sir Les; 05-23-2011 at 09:19 AM..

Old 05-23-2011, 09:10 AM

869 posts, read 972,791 times
Quote:
You're last sentence told me everything I need to know.

Here's one for you>>>>>

"Judge not lest ye be judged yourself".........
Which proves conclusively that you know absolutely NOTHING about the subject you are talking about. Anyone who reads the Bible even superficially can imediately see that we certainly are repeatedly told to evaluate and classsify behavior and classify people according to their behavior. Anyway, you might just be an atheist or agnostic who despises the Bible but who picks here and their mindlessly in order to annoy. In fact, your last smiley indicates just that-an attempt to annoy. Sigh! Oh well! The more the merrier I guess! Ummm Bye!

Last edited by Radrook; 05-23-2011 at 09:25 AM..

Old 05-23-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:

You obviously don't have the foggiest idea of what God's love is. But since I already explained it and you reject it that means we disagree. BTW You won't change another person's mind by mindlessly responding to biblical evidence with unsubstantiated nays which amount to nothing more than a personal opinion. Such opionions lack the authoprity necessary to convince. I suggest that you famuiiarize yourself with the basic requiremnents for argumentation. A simple googling of the subject should do it.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
And some say it is a free choice?...Yah right.
Would we say that governments are depriving us of freedom of choice because theh have laws against criminal behavior?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality