Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2015, 02:15 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,025,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
There's only one cure for deliberate obtuseness.

Unfortunately, it requires honest self-examination and sadly, most sufferers do not possess the strength of character required.
True but I do my best to cure them in spite of their lack of strength of character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 05:16 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,658,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
True but I do my best to cure them in spite of their lack of strength of character.
did you see my post ueb? how do you feel about it. then i address the rest.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:39 PM

18,534 posts, read 9,229,594 times
Quote:
And this is what the UK is forcing teachers to cram down the throats of children:

Teaching Evolution in Primary Schools

The govt. wants it taught that we are just animals. What's next? Extermination of the little rodents?
No wonder people have a hard time believing the historic account of God creating Adam and Eve they way He said He did in the Bible. These children are brainwashed from early on and can't see the truth if it hit them between the eyes. And I no longer wonder why there are so many here fighting creationism.
Children should be taught the creation accounts of isolated African tribes. Everyone knows that the Pygmy's have it right.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
there is a ton in that post. Forgive me with pairing it down. I have 2 brains cells, one fer my name and the other for everything else. The "everything" usually involves me removing the right foot and inserting the left. Ill do the next parts after.

Ok, you said a lot of "god did it's". A gain we know god did it. we are addressing how god did it.

you clearly said it does not tell us how. You clearly imply that you don't know. How you feel about it is different topic. And it is fine saying that and I believe you are honest that you said you don't. Don't you think some of us do care? I mean doesn't it make more sense to say "I don't feel it is necessary for me but I understand that you science freaks might". My brother says that to me all the time.
" I am suggesting that the bible is used for showing man what being human means. The tasty bits and the nasty bits. Don't you think a reasonable stance is that god made the bible and said: "yeah, I did it from dust to man, but this book is about you for now. we will get to how later.

I think god is a great teacher. is that not a reasonable stance? i don't pick conclusions based on who I don't like. I don't even like meself .. .If I did that I would be a stone cold thiest in a second.

ps, excuse the jokes. no need not to have fun.
Dear Arach Angle, I'm sure you do care to know how God actually created Adam, all the steps He took, how the heart was formed, the brain etc. I wouldn't mind knowing that too. Maybe it is so advanced technologically that humans wouldn't understand. I'm sure it has to do with God's spirit. God drafted out all the intricacies of the human, vascular system, reproductive system, and all the myriad other systems. And maybe when God breathed into Adam the breath of life, the holy spirit, knowing the entire plan of all the systems, made them. Either the holy spirit did this just prior to the breath and then when God breathed into him Adam then became a living soul or after the breath.

It is kind of like when Christ blessed the fish and few loaves of bread and the atoms in those foods kept multiplying and He fed over 5,000 on just those and collected 12 baskets of fish and bread when they were done. The holy spirit is very powerful. No, it's not magic but rather power. The holy spirit had to know the molecular makeup of the bread and fish in order to multiply it. The holy spirit likewise had to know the entire makeup of the human so everything would be created as Adam lay there on the ground, formed of the soil.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Children should be taught the creation accounts of isolated African tribes. Everyone knows that the Pygmy's have it right.
I think it would be important, since school education is supposed to be educational, that children should be taught all the religions of the world. I was doing that by myself as a child when going to Catholic school. I'd go to the public library to research it out.

But since religion is not provable it can only be taught on a non-science basis. Evolution should be taught on a non-science basis since there is absolutely nothing scientific about it. It is just opinion.

That being said, the creation account of the Sacred Scriptures is accurately portrayed. No, it is not meant to be science. Adam was created, not evolved from a fish. He was created on the 6th day, not through millions of years of evolving from a fish. We are made in His image, not the image of a fish.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Dear Arach Angle, I'm sure you do care to know how God actually created . The holy spirit likewise had to know the entire makeup of the human so everything would be created as Adam lay there on the ground, formed of the soil.
It is really not anything but addressing how god did it at this point. That is all. The footers are reason, common sense, and control. nothing that goes against the bible. You offered nothing in the bible here that said how. Your and my emotional need is a different topic. and is a valid topic.

let me go back to the last post and address some of the points you said on how and time so we can be clear.

Quote:
If you had a heart attack and I breathed into you to give you oxygen, how do you think I would do it? reason creation
The spirit of man is the invisible, intangible power which keeps him alive. If God withdraw the spirit, we die.
This is not an heart attack. This is assembling the heart and then starting it up. This is starting up a newly created heart. Not a restart.

ok. "the spirit", by your description is unknown to us. again, I feel you are being honest here. That's good.

we don't know from the bible how man was assembled other than the pieces were dirt or what the "spirit" is. they are both glorious mysteries of the bible.

Quote:
7 days to God is the same as 7 days to man. This is why God told the Israelites to work 6 days and rest on the 7th just as He did.
He told the Jew's to work at a reasonable pace and use proper rest to help better production. He told them to use "their day". It says nothing about his "day". It is reasonable to assume that god would use their experiences to help them don't cha think?

Old 05-15-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
It is really not anything but addressing how god did it at this point. That is all. The footers are reason, common sense, and control. nothing that goes against the bible. You offered nothing in the bible here that said how. Your and my emotional need is a different topic. and is a valid topic.

let me go back to the last post and address some of the points you said on how and time so we can be clear.
This is not an heart attack. This is assembling the heart and then starting it up. This is starting up a newly created heart. Not a restart.

ok. "the spirit", by your description is unknown to us. again, I feel you are being honest here. That's good.

we don't know from the bible how man was assembled other than the pieces were dirt or what the "spirit" is. they are both glorious mysteries of the bible.

He told the Jew's to work at a reasonable pace and use proper rest to help better production. He told them to use "their day". It says nothing about his "day". It is reasonable to assume that god would use their experiences to help them don't cha think?
Hi Arach Angle, I don't know how to make my points any clearer. I'm sorry. I am only human.

Old 05-15-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Hi Arach Angle, I don't know how to make my points any clearer. I'm sorry. I am only human.
. no you are clear. That's the point for me.

Our exchange seems to be an honest one to me. You are bringing me closer to making a reasonable choice based an honest exchange of the information. well, as best as two human can be.

Ok so we are left with the premise that god would show us how he did it in a logical way. Since he is logical and loving he will give you what you seek and what I seek because he is only about the truth and love. Since god is logical there is no reason to think he did not use a logical process that we can understand. In fact, I say this loving god of yours would want us to know because he hides nothing so that we can understand him better.

Based on the bible: You said you don't know how god turned dust to man. You don't know how the spirit animated man. You don't really know what the spirit is and how it works other than its the spirit of man.

You also see that god's time and mans time can be different if we think about it. None of these statements violate the bible or the bibles intent in anyway. In fact they kind of shed light on what the bibles was meant for.

You also pointed out that it is not important anyway to know the details. I agree with ya.

So the question is still on the table "how god did it?" .

Now if we think about the rock record, DNA, and Math we can say they are in god's handwritings. God needed no intermediate man puppet to be able to communicate how he created life on the earth and the rules he used. I mean we both agree he can do it the way he wants. And you admitted you have no idea how because it's not in the bible. And my stance(s) up to this point does not go against any teaching in the bible. It actually brings us closer to god.

So, we have our 2 choices on how god did it. there are more, but we are here.

1) The bible does not explain the "how's". It only address that god did it. The bible talks about god relating a time frame to a ancient jewfish understanding but that doesn't mean he didn't use his time frame. We have a time frame is not fully understood in the book. We don't know how Adam was assembled. we don't know how the "breath" works". We don't know how the spirit works.
2) we have the rock record, DNA, and math. They are incomplete but they offer us a look into a logical assembly method for man. We see how the pieces were extracted from the dirt and assembled in time into usable "human pieces". Then they loosely show how the pieces were assembled into man. And finally how the spirit animated the creation into man. "god's breath" is still unclear but at least we have a logical creation method that match what god is showing us on earth. It in no way goes against god or the bible.

as I always do. I Ask which one of these two is more reasonable in answering How god did it. Neither are against the bible god. or against any god

Old 05-15-2015, 03:59 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,303,839 times
Another good'un, Arach.

Old 05-15-2015, 04:05 PM

7,584 posts, read 5,357,520 times
Quote:

But since religion is not provable it can only be taught on a non-science basis. Evolution should be taught on a non-science basis since there is absolutely nothing scientific about it. It is just opinion.
What an incredible statement, religion only "not provable" there isn't a scintilla of evidence to support a single word of it unlike evolution that has an incredible array of evidence that comes from multiple fields of science from not only biology, but chemistry, geology and physics just to name a few.

Quote:
That being said, the creation account of the Sacred Scriptures is accurately portrayed
That is based purely upon your belief, or more pointedly superstition. As I said above, there isn't a scintilla of fact to support your assertion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality