Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 12:56 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times

Advertisements

In response to the original question, I answer "None".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 02:34 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,872 times
I chose Pikachu!

...quick Pikachu ~ Thunder punch!

Old 07-11-2011, 05:21 AM

570 posts, read 733,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit
Your so-called "one and only God" was originally cobbled together from the traits of a dozen earlier polytheistic Gods that preceded the monotheistic cultists who authored his book. He also originally had a goddess wife who was conveniently edited out of the picture..
How do you know that this is my God ?
Because I believe my God was the first thing that existed .. ever .
How many other religions can say that ?!
One more thing .. Allah is your God & everyone else God either you like it or not.. you dont have to worship him to make him your God because after all he is the creater of everything and that includes you too .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane
Is there more than one Creator?
To me & to more than 4 billion people in the world (number of muslims and christians and jews )the answer is :
No
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314x
What makes me think you had an answer to your own question, even before you started this thread?
Of curse I do .. that is why I wrote :
Who is the God that you would choose and why ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galileosmith
Let's just say for the sake of argument that there's as much chance that there is no god as there is a chance that some god does exist. I mean, with no evidence that there is a god, just giving god a 50/50 chance is a wild stretch.

What kind of evidence & by whom ?
Human knowledge is unable to reach the nearest outskirts of the galaxy then how can we depends on it to prove the existence of God ... the one who created it ?!!
Quote:
So if there is no god, who made the specifics of the fabricated "god"? Well, man did. Man assigned his various gods their looks, places of residence, personalities, etc. Man did the same thing with Santa Claus.
What somebody believes in his god depends on what religion that person chooses to follow.
I Can't Judge the others .. as for me I know I did not creat my God .
As for me I believe my God is the one true God & I asure you that there is no other religion than the three Abrahamic religions who can declare of the oneness of God the creater of everything & that is what amaze me .. you know since it is just a "fabricated gods" then what keeps the others from saying the same thing ?
Quote:
My religion has god as a lighthearted guy who believes it's okay to doubt god's very existence. My god thinks it's okay because he hasn't provided any kind of evidence that he's there. My god knows that "faith", unlike hatred or jealousy, is an inert characteristic, and not a requirement for goodness. So my god doesn't demand faith. And God is okay with religious jokes too. Since my God made the platypus and the noise of farting, I figure he has a sense of humor.
See ?
That is how you creat your own God & these kind of fabrication makes us able to distinguish right from wrong .
Logic is the key word .
Quote:
Dusty Rhodes & Wallisdj & catman
You dont have to choose .. my question was to those who have the desire to worship God

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 07-11-2011 at 05:40 AM..

Old 07-11-2011, 07:52 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
I would choose the real God, the one who influences my life and the world on a daily basis. The one without whom life would not be possible!
You cannot deny the existence of my God!
Our sun is pretty insignificant in the scheme of the cosmos. It's not eternal.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:55 AM

460 posts, read 593,054 times
For the purposes of this thread, I made "choosing" and "worship" equal in meaning.

I feel that as a species we suffer from eons of gods on high that demand our worship.

The initial replies to your op may have been made "tongue-in-cheek." But they reflect the limited view of God by humanity from the first days the Nefilim brought us forth into the world. And when we lost those controlling gods circa 1300 b.c., we have not lost the tradition of worship, which in a real sense was nothing more than slavery.

The Christ brought a partnership with God. Subseqent to his departure from the material world, we as a people have fallen back into the age-old habit of worship, slaves to an incredible number of views on what God is but summed up briefly as nothing more than the gods of Sumer, Babylonia, Greece, Egypt (with the possible exception of Amen-Ra, but then it was still worship/slavery), the pagan religions of the West, and the bizarre religions of the "New World."

So, in short, there is no God I wish to worship. Worship requires rules and laws. There are no rules or laws when it comes to dealing with the absolute God. And when the Nefilim or Anunnaki come back to reclaim this Earth as their own again, I hope to give them another taste of nuclear armageddon and chase them all the way back to where they came from.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:28 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Our sun is pretty insignificant in the scheme of the cosmos. It's not eternal.
How is this any different from your god?

Old 07-12-2011, 02:09 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,605 times
Quote:
Precisely. When the sun becomes a red giant and consumes the last Abrahamic god believer, so too will that god die.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:30 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,715,377 times
Quote:
I would choose the real God, the one who influences my life and the world on a daily basis. The one without whom life would not be possible!
You cannot deny the existence of my God!
Let's hear it for the sun god
He's a very fun god
Ra! Ra! Ra!

Old 07-12-2011, 08:07 PM

I would choose the God that chose me.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
My God hung the stars in the sky and knows each of them by name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality