Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:38 AM

897 posts, read 2,458,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisW View Post
I think, to answer everybody's questions, is that the Lutheran Confessions don't speak about thread drift. I will mention, however, that there is already an "Ask a Jew!" thread.
Good way to go around the answer. But if you believe that it was off topic I will end that discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 11:58 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,037,384 times
It's not really going around any answer; it's simply pointing out that it has very little to do with the present thread topic, but more to do with another.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:34 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,202,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisW View Post
It's not really going around any answer; it's simply pointing out that it has very little to do with the present thread topic, but more to do with another.
Yes, the whole discussion of Judaism, of which I was a part of, was officially off topic. There's no need to get snippy with Travis for asking, quite nicely and gently I might add, to keep posts on topic.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:52 PM

Thanks, Jeff.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
Yes, the whole discussion of Judaism, of which I was a part of, was officially off topic. There's no need to get snippy with Travis for asking, quite nicely and gently I might add, to keep posts on topic.
. The thread is ask a Lutheran? Am I correct? So Lutherans can not be challenge to what they believe. I am trying to gain understand of all religious beliefs but if it is just I ask a question and you supply the answer and I can not challenge that answer. I was not getting snippy. See you interpret my words as an attack. I am not here to attack. I am here to understand and ask why? So if this cannot be done I will leave this thread because it is a useless thread..
For me this is not about Judaism. It is about what you believe in and why?

For example:
Why do Lutheran believe in a demi-god?
Why does Lutherans believe in pagan worship?
If the Old Testament was given only to the Jews to follow then why do Christians (Lutherans) use it to validate their beliefs? (Wait the bible speaks about the Jews so I have to leave them out)

See I know that there are T and C on this forum just like everyone else. I just wish that people could answer a question when it is asked. Because how do I omit the Jewish’s people out of my question if every one in the bible was a Jew.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
If the Old Testament was given only to the Jews to follow then why do Christians use it to validate their beliefs?
Who says it was ONLY given to the Jews to follow?

Regarding your last response. I actually DID answer your questions, specifically. See the previous page. Your apparent angle isn't about asking questions about Lutheranism specifically, but rather seem more geared towards Christians in general. You appear to be disingenuious. Additionally, you phrase your questions in an off-putting manner..."Why do Lutherans believe in a demi-god?" "Why do Lutherans believe in pagan worship?" Well, Lutherans believe in Jesus, as do all Christians, and they don't believe in pagan worship, as you well know. Although I sense you are about to school all of us on how we are pagan worshipers...

Old 08-22-2007, 01:12 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,748,100 times
Quote:
. The thread is ask a Lutheran? Am I correct? So Lutherans can not be challenge to what they believe. I am trying to gain understand of all religious beliefs but if it is just I ask a question and you supply the answer and I can not challenge that answer. I was not getting snippy. See you interpret my words as an attack. I am not here to attack. I am here to understand and ask why? So if this cannot be done I will leave this thread because it is a useless thread..
For me this is not about Judaism. It is about what you believe in and why?

For example:
Why do Lutheran believe in a demi-god?
Why does Lutherans believe in pagan worship?
If the Old Testament was given only to the Jews to follow then why do Christians (Lutherans) use it to validate their beliefs? (Wait the bible speaks about the Jews so I have to leave them out)

See I know that there are T and C on this forum just like everyone else. I just wish that people could answer a question when it is asked. Because how do I omit the Jewish’s people out of my question if every one in the bible was a Jew.
go to the ASK A CHRISTIAN OP---and I will answer any question you have..to the best of my ability regarding Christianity

Old 08-22-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
Who says it was ONLY given to the Jews to follow?

Regarding your last response. I actually DID answer your questions, specifically. See the previous page. Your apparent angle isn't about asking questions about Lutheranism specifically, but rather seem more geared towards Christians in general. You appear to be disingenuious. Additionally, you phrase your questions in an off-putting manner..."Why do Lutherans believe in a demi-god?" "Why do Lutherans believe in pagan worship?" Well, Lutherans believe in Jesus, as do all Christians, and they don't believe in pagan worship, as you well know. Although I sense you are about to school all of us on how we are pagan worshipers...
(Roll eyes).Sounds like some one that is open minded . I do not need to educate because one day it will be revealed to all of us. Have a good day. I do not recommend this forum.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:46 PM

Now you can all see why this thread was brought to you by beer (the official after-hours Lutheran Beverage since 1517).

Old 08-22-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
(Roll eyes).Sounds like some one that is open minded . I do not need to educate because one day it will be revealed to all of us. Have a good day. I do not recommend this forum.
Typical response of someone who can't back up their claims, or who has delusions of grandeur. If it will someday be revealed to all of us then why be so put off?

The problem with the wise is they are so filled with doubts while the dull are so certain.-- Bertrand Russell

The point of having an open mind, like having an open mouth, is to close it on something solid. --G.K. Chesterton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality