Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 04:28 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,685,819 times

Advertisements

She also tells them the blatant lie that they can pray their pets back to life. Oy vey...

Pentecostal minister Becky Fischer teaches kids how to raise the dead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 04:43 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,824,585 times
Aw... isn't that cute. maybe she'll teach them to crazy-dance with their arms full of rattlesnakes next.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:47 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,085,116 times
There must have been too many reruns of the old "B" movie "Frankenweenie" shown on TV

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 09-23-2011 at 05:03 PM..

Old 09-23-2011, 05:06 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,117,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
There must have been too many reruns of the old "B" movie "Frankenweenie" shown on TV
“Frankenweenie” At first I though you were talking about a film GldnRule made.
Then I looked it up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankenweenie_(1984_film)
After reading that, I’ve got to see this movie.

lol,
Cheers,
Aeroman

Old 09-23-2011, 05:39 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,225,524 times
Not a very good idea!

They're never quite the same, and then there's the body odor thing.

Somebody needs a little quality time at a Hilton Hysteria resort.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:54 PM

659 posts, read 1,102,337 times
Anyone who's seen or read Pet Sematary knows that sometimes... dead is better...

Old 09-24-2011, 01:44 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
She also tells them the blatant lie that they can pray their pets back to life. Oy vey...

Pentecostal minister Becky Fischer teaches kids how to raise the dead
More power to her. When it doesn't work, the kids will go away with the seed of doubt which is all disbelief needs to grow from.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:56 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
Basically raising people from the dead is a beginners milk doctrine teaching for all people who are born again in the Spirit of Lord Jesus Christ....... But very few witnesses of the Lord Jesus raising People up are recorded through Jesus Children..... There are about a hundred or more recorded witnesses of Jesus miracle raising people up from the dead in the last 2000 years........ Seen a report of a Christian man in Africa who got into a fight with His wife and drove away and crashed his car and died.......The Mans wife prayed to the Lord and reminded him of a promise to bless the man who died with a ministries of the Gospel of Jesus and dying was not in his plan...... So they took the dead man body to a prayer meeting and put his body in the basement of the church and prayed at this meeting ... So there Lord Jesus Spirit rose the man up from the dead after four day dead and he became a witness of Jesus miracles ........ Jesus said to Thomas the disciple....``Thomas, because you have seen me, you have believed, blessed are they that have not seen and yet have believed`......

Old 09-24-2011, 05:25 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,111,153 times
I don't know about anyone else here, but I was hoping for a better show than what we got. Considering how convinced this lady is of her beliefs, I was expecting her to take a lethal dose of poison or something. Then after she had been dead for a few minutes, all the kids could form a prayer circle around her and pray her corpse back to life. Now that would have made for some good entertainment.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:46 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,085,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
I don't know about anyone else here, but I was hoping for a better show than what we got. Considering how convinced this lady is of her beliefs, I was expecting her to take a lethal dose of poison or something. Then after she had been dead for a few minutes, all the kids could form a prayer circle around her and pray her corpse back to life. Now that would have made for some good entertainment.
Except Little Johnny and Jeremy just got a slap on the wrist for talking in class and the teacher is going to send a note to their parents, so they are praying she does not get resurrected.

Fundie preachers like her are a good explanation as to why Atheism is spreading. A preacher should not teach but should encourage all people to never stop searching and always verify what they find. Blind faith is blind and us theists can not expect a person to believe anything unless they can find verification of what they believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality