Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2007, 01:05 PM

733 posts, read 4,658,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
Another question.....why are masons so secretive? If you ask someone from a christian, muslim, buddhist, jewish background, etc., they will tell you what their faith is all about and what it all means. Why the secrecy then? What are they hiding? Wouldn't it be better to just come out with the information in order to quell all the controversy? This way, all this debating, guessing and finger-pointing could be put to rest, once and for all? Thanks.
Secrets? The real secret of Freemasonry is what an individual Mason accomplishes himself - in the construction of his own "inner temple." That is, of course, a matter personal to each individual. As for ritual, ceremony, and the work of the lodge, while we maintain claims of secrecy, there are no secrets! Look in your local library, surf the 'net...you'll find all the ritual and all the work right out there for public review.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 01:20 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,192,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by wildberries61 Would you deem it possible that there are people who worship money (as a god) and who treat an economy system (say Capitalism) as a religion, or that there are people who worship political power (being a president) as a false god and a political party (say Conservatism) as a false religion?
I mean the Stock market is a place where they clearly worship the free market and the Pentagon is a place where they worship (military) power and yet Christians are to be found there.
And I bet some even say a quick pray there.

But Jesus made it clear that religion (=abstract spirituality) and power (=material wealth) should be completely separated by creating a big ruckus in a temple over monopoly and religion and by refusing to aspire to be a political leader (or refused to call himself the king of the Jews).
You are correct!! Yes, Christians are known to worship money. Do you think they are fooling GOD? We in the States recognize the failures and the accomplishments our government has made. Christians are NOT perfect and just because some feel they are getting away with it on Earth does not mean it will fly on Judgment Day!! Some Christians actually, only wear the title you can tell a Christian by their fruits. America is slowly taking God out of a lot of OUR plans and we will suffer from it. Until we turn back to God and and realize God is what made America.

Not sure, were this all ties into Free Mason or worshiping God of the Holy Bible as One God of All religions.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
wildberries61, question, have you ever heard of Norman Vincent Peale? And if you have what kind of Christian was he.
No, I don't. Any one can call them selves a Christian, that doesn't make them one. But I would be interested in the story of this man.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:31 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,252,811 times
Originally Posted by wildberries61
Quote:
Not sure, were this all ties into Free Mason or worshiping God of the Holy Bible as One God of All religions.
IIRC Jesus already proclaimed that you can't serve 2 masters, so ‘Christians’ who devoutly go to church every Sunday but worship money the rest of the week should, according to yourself, not be in a Christian church. Or you yourself should leave the church since you’re not willing to pray with people underneath the same roof who worship a different god than God.
And I believe that Jesus would agree with you.

From what I read here the Free Masons do not worship money.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I quite agree, as a politician MacArthur was a disaster, no argument here, as a military strategist, he was probably one of the best that we had at that time, my comment was merely to enlighten you to the fact that all three were Freemasons, and were able to agree or disagree on issues. Harry Truman also disagreed with George C. Marshall on recognition of Israel, but that's for another thread.
My History as far as this is not good and not to push your guys buttons, but I would think this would tie in VERY well. Harry Truman,Free Mason, doesn't recognize Israel. NO, ties here!!

Old 12-02-2007, 02:10 PM

733 posts, read 4,658,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
My History as far as this is not good and not to push your guys buttons, but I would think this would tie in VERY well. Harry Truman,Free Mason, doesn't recognize Israel. NO, ties here!!
Oh good grief. Read this - The United States and the Recognition of Israel: A Chronology.

You'll see that both Truman and Marshall were highly concerned that creation of a separate Jewish state in the middle of Palestine would destabilize the Mideast. [Side note - guess maybe they were right?] Marshall, you will see, continued in his reservations about recognition of Israel. Truman's opinion changed as time progressed and the Truman White House de facto recognized Israel on May 14, 1948.

Now, the point is Truman and Marshall were both Freemasons, yet disagreed dramatically on the question of Palestine. Some uniformity of opinion on creating the New World Order, eh?

Old 12-02-2007, 02:19 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,675,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
No, I don't. Any one can call them selves a Christian, that doesn't make them one. But I would be interested in the story of this man.
The Reverend Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, passed away on Christmas Eve 1993, he was the author of The Power of Positive Thinking, he was also a 33rd degree Mason. He was third generation freemason, and a pretty darn good Christian

Old 12-02-2007, 02:22 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,675,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windtimber View Post
Oh good grief. Read this - The United States and the Recognition of Israel: A Chronology.

You'll see that both Truman and Marshall were highly concerned that creation of a separate Jewish state in the middle of Palestine would destabilize the Mideast. [Side note - guess maybe they were right?] Marshall, you will see, continued in his reservations about recognition of Israel. Truman's opinion changed as time progressed and the Truman White House de facto recognized Israel on May 14, 1948.

Now, the point is Truman and Marshall were both Freemasons, yet disagreed dramatically on the question of Palestine. Some uniformity of opinion on creating the New World Order, eh?
Couldn't have said it better myself!!! The one thing I cannot tolerate is ignorance.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:33 PM

240 posts, read 472,438 times
Hey wildberry,

You are on wild goose chase! I think that you are fascinated with others doings and it excites you to try to find something wrong with the Masons.

My brother in law has been a mason for sometime. His father passed away recently and his fellow Masons performed a ceremony at the wake, there was not any satanic meaning to any of it. It was all respect towards a deceased Mason.

It was heartwarming to see them pay their respects. By the way, my brother in law and his father are the nicest christian men. Good middle class men that love their families. Quit the chase, your exhausting yourself, lol.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:52 PM

132 posts, read 244,982 times
My probably-boring flirtation with Freemasonry in Aus -

My father and all my uncles were Masons.
Seeking their favour, at 16 I joined the junior off-shoot, The Order of Demolay.
Enjoyed it. The dressing up, the silly rituals, all the new knowledge
BUT MAINLY - the contact with the female versions, The Rainbows and the Job's Daughters.
(Got my "first" - but we shan't go there).

Then, unbeknown to me, my father had some sort of "falling out" with his Masonic bretheren and left concise WRITTEN instructions that there was to be no Masonic content at his funeral.
He died.
The Funeral Directors (with Masonic management) IGNORED his wishes and introduced some crap about a "sprig of acacia" etc etc etc into the service.
Whilst my brother and I were naturally upset - we had discussed the matter with the firm, in which our family had a financial interest, as recently as ten minutes before the service, as well as throughout the arrangements -
our mother was absolutely aghast and horrified.

All is neither forgotten nor forgiven, "brethren" ...........

They have some sort of 'THING" about assisting widows and they DID offer token support to my mother later.
No apology, just some towels at Christmas - that sort of thing.
Bugger 'em !

Last edited by Auntie Freda; 12-02-2007 at 03:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality