Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 05:11 PM

573 posts, read 2,059,545 times

Advertisements

What kind of witchcraft did Ellen G. White practice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 05:15 PM

889 posts, read 825,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
Oh, she didn't have to practice. She already knew it.............alright I am just kidding. And yes I basically stole it from the Honeymooners show.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:31 PM

104 posts, read 104,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
This is what the spirits say about her teachings. She was an Adventist.

January 14th, 1917.
Received by James Padgett.
Washington D.C.

I am here, your own true and loving Helen.

Well, I see that you have been reading a book (The Great Controversy, an Adventist publication written by Ellen G. White) that is full of error and untruth, and that will do you no good to read. The author of that book now knows that the dead are very much alive and that spiritualism is a truth, and that the spirits who communicate are not the devils of Satan, as she calls them. Such reading is not worth the time that you waste in reading, and I do not see why you want to waste your time on such literature.

Mrs. White is now in the spirit world and realizes the great harm that her book has done and is now doing to humanity, and the great errors that so many of her followers believe in and try to follow as their guide in religious beliefs. She will come at some time and write you, for I must tell you that when you borrowed the book and made some mention of its author I tried to learn her whereabouts and succeeded, for I wanted her to come to you and tell you of the utter falsity of what she had written. She has been here tonight and knows that you have been reading her book and realizes that she must do something to correct, if possible, the untruthful teachings that the book contains. So, as I say, she will come to you very soon and write a message in reference to the same.

I see that you have been feeling better today, and have been comparatively free from your worries, and I am so glad, for it makes a very great difference in your condition of mind and permits us to come in closer rapport with you as regards spiritual truths. Several spirits were here tonight expecting to write, but when you commenced to read that book they realized that they would not have the opportunity, and left, very much disappointed. My advice is that you do not waste your time in the further reading of the book, as it will do you no good.

I love you with all my heart and soul, and want you to be happy, and be free from thoughts that may tend to draw your mind away from us and the work which you have to do. The only information that you will need you will receive in the messages that will be written you, and so you can readily see that there is no occasion for you to read books of the character of the one now before you. I will come soon and write my promised letter, and I know that you will find more happiness in it, than in a whole world full of books that speculate on the future life and the teachings of the truths of spiritual things that never should know and not speculate upon.

Well, I will say what I have so often said, that I love you very devotedly, and all the other spirits who come to you love you also, and are with you very often with their influence, trying to help you in the development of your soul and in causing you increased happiness. The Master (Jesus) was here and says that he will soon write his expected message and is only waiting for you to get in good condition to receive it.

Your own true and loving,
Helen

Old 07-18-2013, 08:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,501 times
This is ridiculous. It is very very sad. I can't believe this, aspiring Adventist please NEVER go to a practitioner of spiritualism and witchcraft to seek guidance in matter's of God. Demons and Devil's are cunning and often use the assumptions of truth to deceive. I am Adventist and I do acknowledge Ellen White's teachings as truth. Not because I am Adventist but because I believe in the Holy Bible. Her teachings coincide with the word of God. They are often stretched manipulated twisted and misinterpreted but was not Jesus'? NO ELLEN WHITE IS BY FAR NOTHING COMPARED TO JESUS. My point is he warned us that being his true servants hear on Earth would not exempt us from the same types of hardship he endured. He was accused by the very elite of his own people (Pharisees) of performing miracles with the use of Demons. Was this true? I think you know the answer. Now for the good part... The Facts!

Excerpt 1: "NEVER go to a practitioner of spiritualism and witchcraft to seek guidance in matter's of God. Demons and Devil's are cunning and often use the assumptions of truth to deceive."

a. Deuteronomy 18:9-12- Warns us to stay away from spiritualist, soothsayers, astrologist, etc. Says ALL are deceivers and an abomination.
b. Isaiah 47:10-14- Breaks it down further mentioning more detailed description that can be deciphered as astrology. He promises they will burn, and explains it is wicked to believe in them. (also foolish)

There are many stories where magicians and astrologers were used in elite kingdoms (especially those of Babylon) who had a "great" job until men of God outshine their lies . Read the Book of Daniel (perfect and multiple examples)

The Apostle Paul cast a demon out of a girl who was claiming "he was a man of the most high God"... Why would a Demon say that?? They use various means of deception...read Acts 13 9-11 for the story.

Excerpt 2: "I believe in the Holy Bible. Her teachings coincide with the word of God."
"Helen" mentioned that the dead are very much alive. She claims Mrs. White is alive and realizes the errors of her teachings now that she is in the spiritual world. Oh my Dear Dear reader that stumbles across this. Please do not believe that. If you do you open your home and person to free reign of demons. They impersonate spirits and ghost of influential people, loved ones, anyone! You are for sure asking to be deceived or worse to communicate with them. You have NO POWER over the control of these forces and to think you do or that there is any kindness or good in them is foolish and detrimental.
a. Ecclesiastes 9:5- Explains the dead know nothing!
b. Ecclesiastes 9:10- Explains once the living die all plans PERISH (end) meaning NO hate in them, NO revenge or guilt. NO love, NO fear.
c. Isaiah 26:14- Finally, this verse specifically says, after death the spirit does not rise again. All memory of them is wiped out.
Excerpt 3: "My point is he warned us that being his true servants hear on Earth would not exempt us from the same types of hardship he endured"
a. John 15: 18-25- He explains the lack of acceptance for truth you can expect in this world from many accusers as a true follower.
b. Matthew 12: starting with verse 22 read where Jesus was accused of using demonic power.

In Conclusion, Ellen White is dead and will not come to visit. Demons impersonate spirits and inhabit teachers of spiritualism (even "christian" ones.) Remember prayer is all you need to understand truth. Seek it from God himself he works directly with his people. He wants to save you and he will if you ask, you don't have to do anything else but accept. He will do the rest he will wash the sins you can't do it and he knows that.God will guide you and the Bible says you will know the truth because he will be sure of it. God's arm is not to short that he can not reach you or ear to dull to listen (Isaiah 59:1) he will answer you in your endeavors to find him. When he shows he will blow you away and you will never need to do one ounce of an extra thing other than trust and believe. No matter what read the Bible for YOURSELF. God tells us to have the truth in our hearts is the ONLY way to be sure of it.

God Bless

P.S. I know this reply is super old but I hope it helps at least just 1.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:54 AM

3,483 posts, read 4,047,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownJewels View Post
This is ridiculous. It is very very sad. I can't believe this, aspiring Adventist please NEVER go to a practitioner of spiritualism and witchcraft to seek guidance in matter's of God. Demons and Devil's are cunning and often use the assumptions of truth to deceive. I am Adventist and I do acknowledge Ellen White's teachings as truth. Not because I am Adventist but because I believe in the Holy Bible. Her teachings coincide with the word of God. They are often stretched manipulated twisted and misinterpreted but was not Jesus'? NO ELLEN WHITE IS BY FAR NOTHING COMPARED TO JESUS. My point is he warned us that being his true servants hear on Earth would not exempt us from the same types of hardship he endured. He was accused by the very elite of his own people (Pharisees) of performing miracles with the use of Demons. Was this true? I think you know the answer. Now for the good part... The Facts!

Excerpt 1: "NEVER go to a practitioner of spiritualism and witchcraft to seek guidance in matter's of God. Demons and Devil's are cunning and often use the assumptions of truth to deceive."

a. Deuteronomy 18:9-12- Warns us to stay away from spiritualist, soothsayers, astrologist, etc. Says ALL are deceivers and an abomination.
b. Isaiah 47:10-14- Breaks it down further mentioning more detailed description that can be deciphered as astrology. He promises they will burn, and explains it is wicked to believe in them. (also foolish)

There are many stories where magicians and astrologers were used in elite kingdoms (especially those of Babylon) who had a "great" job until men of God outshine their lies . Read the Book of Daniel (perfect and multiple examples)

The Apostle Paul cast a demon out of a girl who was claiming "he was a man of the most high God"... Why would a Demon say that?? They use various means of deception...read Acts 13 9-11 for the story.

Excerpt 2: "I believe in the Holy Bible. Her teachings coincide with the word of God."
"Helen" mentioned that the dead are very much alive. She claims Mrs. White is alive and realizes the errors of her teachings now that she is in the spiritual world. Oh my Dear Dear reader that stumbles across this. Please do not believe that. If you do you open your home and person to free reign of demons. They impersonate spirits and ghost of influential people, loved ones, anyone! You are for sure asking to be deceived or worse to communicate with them. You have NO POWER over the control of these forces and to think you do or that there is any kindness or good in them is foolish and detrimental.
a. Ecclesiastes 9:5- Explains the dead know nothing!
b. Ecclesiastes 9:10- Explains once the living die all plans PERISH (end) meaning NO hate in them, NO revenge or guilt. NO love, NO fear.
c. Isaiah 26:14- Finally, this verse specifically says, after death the spirit does not rise again. All memory of them is wiped out.
Excerpt 3: "My point is he warned us that being his true servants hear on Earth would not exempt us from the same types of hardship he endured"
a. John 15: 18-25- He explains the lack of acceptance for truth you can expect in this world from many accusers as a true follower.
b. Matthew 12: starting with verse 22 read where Jesus was accused of using demonic power.

In Conclusion, Ellen White is dead and will not come to visit. Demons impersonate spirits and inhabit teachers of spiritualism (even "christian" ones.) Remember prayer is all you need to understand truth. Seek it from God himself he works directly with his people. He wants to save you and he will if you ask, you don't have to do anything else but accept. He will do the rest he will wash the sins you can't do it and he knows that.God will guide you and the Bible says you will know the truth because he will be sure of it. God's arm is not to short that he can not reach you or ear to dull to listen (Isaiah 59:1) he will answer you in your endeavors to find him. When he shows he will blow you away and you will never need to do one ounce of an extra thing other than trust and believe. No matter what read the Bible for YOURSELF. God tells us to have the truth in our hearts is the ONLY way to be sure of it.

God Bless

P.S. I know this reply is super old but I hope it helps at least just 1.
Don't take this as an apology for the lady, by the way. Just a few observations.

I agree with you sentiments that the dead cannot rise, but there is that little problem of Samuel coming up from the ground. Now, please don't give me the usual "Oh, it was a demon impersonating Samuel" -- for that is reading into the text what is definitely not there. The idea that demons impersonate dead people is completely and utterly without any basis in fact. Feel free to provide evidence, however.

Here is the passage:
Now Samuel was dead. All Israel had mourned for him and buried him in Ramash, his city. And Saul had banished necromancers and mediums from the land. (I Samuel 28:3 AB)
After receiving no reply from Yahweh, he decides that he must consult with the man who made his life a living hell long before David chose it as his occupation ion life. An interesting detail is how Yahweh communicates with people (unlike Moses, with whom he spoke face to face): through "dreams", "lots" or "prophets". But back to the story:
So Saul said to his servants, "Find me a ghostwife, so that I may go make my inquiry through her!" and his servants told him that there was a ghost-wife in En-dor. (I Sam 3:7)
She lived among the Ewoks, for those of you who like to mix your stories. She taught Logray the arts of necromancy:

So Saul goes in disguise, for he had banned the arts of Necromancy (which had been a perfectly acceptable practice up until that time, apparently) and he promises her that he won't punish her for bringing up Saul.
They came to the woman at night, and [Saul] said, "Divine for me by a ghost! Bring up the man I declare to you!" (I Sam 3:8)
Following the normal beliefs of the ancient Israelites, that all people went to Sheol - the Netherworld, whether good or bad -, this passage challenges the notion that one can never return. At any rate, Samuel is able to return momentarily, at least. What is very interesting is the language used to refer to Samueal after she sees him, recognizing the disguised king for who he really was:
"Do not be afraid!" the king said to her. "What do you see?"
"I see a god," she told him, "coming up from the earth!" (I Sam 3:13)
Yes, she refers to Samuel as a "god", an 'elohim (the same term used to refer to Yahweh, translated as "God" in the Hebrew Bible and also to other gods from other religions). Does it refer to merely some sort of divine being, a spirit or a shade? It certainly doesn't call it a demon - for such a term was not known until Greek, it being a Greek word. The common Ancient Near Eastern prohibition against disturbing graves might have something to do with the passage, as well, for Samuel is quite annoyed. Notice the very important line that indicates that this 'elohim is INDEED Samuel:
Then Saul knew that it was Samuel, and he fell down face to the ground and paid homage.
Then Samuel said, "Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?"
(I Sam 3:14-15)
The 'elohim that the "ghost-mistress" (a mixture of two Hebrew terms denoting a female necromancer) brings back up from Sheol is indeed Samuel. If one is willing to take the text at face-value, it is exactly what the text says. Claiming that it was a demon impersonating Samuel is basically calling the Biblical author a liar. I have always had a problem with those who claim the Bible as their Holy Book, yet are willing to discount it's words when they find a concept that is disturbing to them.

My point is - it wasn't a demon.

There's another passage in which a "son of God" volunteers to lie to a prophet, a very interesting passage. This is the story of the king of Israel who wished to go to war and wanted to consult his prophets. Curiously, even though Jezebel had just arranged the whole-sale slaughter of many prophets, the king had no problem rounding up 400 prophets of Yahweh. These prophets, however, were idiots and were only telling the King what he wanted to hear: "Oh yes, King, whatever you do will be prosperous" etc. etc. Typical prophetic job-security. Micaiah, however, did not care about job security and spoke the truth: if he went to battle, he would die. This annoyed the King. What he didn't know was that Yahweh was setting him up. The prophets had been lied to by their prophetic oracles, and Micaiah knew it:
But [Michaiah] said, "I call upon you to hear the word of Yahweh! I saw Yahweh seated upon His throne, with all the host of heaven standing in attendance to the right and left of Him. Yahweh asked 'Who will entice Ahab so that he will march and fall at Ramoth-gilead?'
Then one said thus and another said thus, until a certain spirit came forward and stood before Yahweh and said, 'I will entice him.'
'How?' Yahweh asked him.
And he replied, 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.'
Then he said 'You will entice and you will prevail. Go out and do it.'
So Yahweh has put a lying spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours;
for Yahweh has decreed disaster upon you."
(I Kings 22:19-23 NJPS)
So with Yahweh's blessings, one of his servants who was used to bringing oracles to the prophets, was telling the prophets deliberately false information, and claiming it to be "God's Word". Unfortunately for Ahab, he did not listen to Micaiah and went to war and the rest is history.

This spirit was not a demon - it was one of the "host of heaven", one of the "sons of God". Not everything is a demon, and Scripture itself attests to this.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:08 PM

1,976 posts, read 1,942,585 times
The Significance of Ellen White's Head Injury

Summarizing the essential facts of Ellen's injury from a medical standpoint, one finds the following:
  1. At age nine Ellen received a projectile-type blunt injury to the nasal area of the face and fell to the ground.
  2. She was immediately unconscious.
  3. There was severe and prolonged bleeding, and she was carried to a nearby store.
  4. After a brief interval of consciousness she becomes unconscious again; this lasted for some three weeks.
  5. When she regained consciousness she had no recollection of what had taken place.
  6. She noticed that her face was markedly deformed at that time.
  7. After regaining consciousness she was confined to bed for "many weeks" and was reduced "almost to a skeleton."

When the extant records of the details of Ellen G. White's visions are compared with the symptoms of partial complex seizures in temporal lobe epilepsy, a striking similarity is discovered. Daly[SIZE=2]71 mentions that "complex partial seizures consist in an alteration in the content of consciousness.... the hallucinations of complex partial seizures are 'formed,' in the sense that they constitute a fully developed recognizable sensory experience which in rare instances may, in fact, be the memory of an actual experience. An important point in the nature of this altered content of consciousness is that it constitutes an intrusion upon the patient's on-flowing stream of awareness.... No matter how vivid, complex, or 'real' the ictal [seizure] experience, the patient recognizes that it is an experience imposed upon him. His consciousness is 'split,' and he can still remain the objective observer, the bystander witnessing these curious events."
[/SIZE]
The seizure experience is usually initiated by a so-called symptom, or aura, that often involves some epigastric sensations or other automatic manifestations. There may be a sense of fear or the hallucination of smelling something, which Ellen White experienced a number of times as the smell of roses, or simply "flowers." She smelled the fragrance of violets, and at another time she was "gathering the flowers and enjoying their fragrance."[SIZE=2]72 At another time "she knelt by the bed, and before the first word of petition had been offered she felt that the room was filled with the fragrance of roses. Looking up to see whence the fragrance came she saw the room flooded with a soft, silvery light."73[/SIZE]

Ellen White's Head Injury

In the most recent study, Johnstone studied 20 people with traumatic brain injuries affecting the right parietal lobe, the area of the brain situated a few inches above the right ear. He surveyed participants on characteristics of spirituality, such as how close they felt to a higher power and if they felt their lives were part of a divine plan. He found that the participants with more significant injury to their right parietal lobe showed an increased feeling of closeness to a higher power.

No 'God Spot' In Brain, Spirituality Linked To Right Parietal Lobe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality