Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 06:16 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Sources please.

Because what I heard from Muslims is that they feel extremely close and thankful to God and they try to pray five times a day to the God of monotheism, which is the God we Americans trusted in to not let terrorists destroy our buildings and kill our people.

Science saves.
l]

You are correct we are obligated to say 5 daily prayers to God(swt) but we are not limited to just those. We strive to pray as often as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 01:22 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,135,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
This is a bit of a paradox I have seen not just among religious adherents but among many people who profess to be peaceful. Sort of reminds me of "Fearless Fosdick" in the old 'Li'l Abner" Comic strip. He used to keep the peace by shooting everybody who was not peaceful.

Perhaps it is because many of us humans are stuck with our own arrogance and think that in order for there to be Peace we need to destroy whatever or whoever disagrees with us. We seem to think that the only way for peace is for everybody to think the same which is the way we think.

Maybe we do not understand that our responsibility is to make our self peaceful and once we all do this there will be peace.

Sometimes I want to turn in my resignation of membership in the human race, but I can't find any other race to be part of.

Is peace possible for humans?

Aggresiveness is part of human genetic make up. For some of the people.

Some people are genetically peaceful and laid back and others are aggressive.

It doesn't matter what beliefs or religion they hold on to. If their genetic make up makes their temper flare up each time they hear injustice (according to their thinking, or someone not agreeing with them, which seems to be the same thing for them), they get angry. Yes, some try to control this anger according to their teachings. But it's much easier said than done.

I think that people also get angry because they don't understand the behavior of others. It SEEMS bad to them. Which is not necessarily true, but they don't get it. So the less wise the people are, the more they will tend to get angry.

So I think that people are still at the beginning stages of evolution and they are not wise (and that's why they keep getting angry) and their genetic make up is also not too great yet (temper flare ups)

We are still evolving and going through growing pains and it's hard to be a part of this evolution. Later generations will be much happier people.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:34 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Could the words of Master Yoda ring more true?

Yoda: "fear leads to the dark side" - YouTube

Christianity is all about SUFFERING (some guy being executed on a cross) All about FEAR (Oh OH we are all going to hell) So why not Hate?
I too have noticed that the most specific hateful people I have ever met are those who call themselves Christians. Not that I ahve not met hateful Jews and rude Muslims, but whenever religion replaces psychotherapy, when the underlying mental disease not only remains but is given an opportunity to be experienced and expressed through dogma and ritual, then of coursem hatred will abound.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:54 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Perhaps I should have worded it as:

Why are those who present themselves as being peaceful, religious people so darn violent and hateful?
I think it falls in line with believing in an entity and cause bigger than yourself and obedience to that entity and cause. When that faith is challenged people feel justified to fight for what they feel is right. A sense of nationalism in a way. I don't think religious people on their own are violent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality