Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 06:03 AM

82 posts, read 117,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Yes. This is interesting.

The website given above contains good information.
I never before knew that the Upanishads were conclusion/summary portions of the Vedas.

Try:
Decode Hindu Mythology: Scriptures

to get the relationships between texts and what information is in them.

For people who are interested in learning more about Hinduism, the following might be helpful:

BASIC
This is another website where you can see lot of information about Hinduism. There are very interesting informations available.

http://www.hinduwebsite.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 05:02 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by egaanand View Post
This is another website where you can see lot of information about Hinduism. There are very interesting informations available.

http://www.hinduwebsite.com/
Thanks.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,040 times
Hey,

I am 23, I live in Montreal, Canada. A few years ago I had an astral projection. I believe I may have had an encounter with one of your deities.

She told me, through emotion, without speaking, that I shouldn’t worry, that I should “do my thing”. Before it happened, I wasn’t familiar with hinduism. I remembered what she was holding, and found her on the web.

In the beginning, there were tormented spirits all around me. They were strangely shaped, all different, and appeared to be in pain. I related it to hell after the projection. Later on I related it to resentment, ego, and human suffering.
I was indifferent to the souls, I was completely impartial. It was so real! They moved apart and away from me. I had no body. I was brought to the light.

When I arrived, I didn’t go through a round bright portal, it was immensely vast and wide. It was an enormous and the light engulfed me. There was an arch, with plants and flowers growing on it.

As I approached, I started seeing the vague figure of Saraswati on the horizon. There was celestial music, it was beautiful. I could hear it coming from everywhere, it was raining celestial music.

Saraswati looked more than real, her gestures were subtle, her smile so calming and relieving. She was holding different objects, it is thanks to these objects -since I had no knowledge of her-, that I could find out what her name is.
Again, she simply told me not to worry, to do what I had to do. I learned about the lost city of Dwarka. I also learned about Badavagni, a “beast” that will rise from the bottom of the sea. I made connexions with the stories associated with Saraswati, and modern civilisation.

“When all wisdom is abandoned, and man corrupts the world, Badavagni -”fire water”, in Sanskrit- the Beast of Doom, will rise from the bottom of the sea and destroy the universe.”
Now that wisdom is abandoned and that man has corrupted the world, Methane Clathrate has started to rise from ocean beds. Gas Hydrates can be found under the sea, on the coasts of every single continent. There are large deposits of Methane Hydrates near India.

What should I do? Canadians won’t listen to me, they think I’m crazy. I have a message to spread, we need to contain the methane, we need to spread wisdom. Should I find Hindus in Montreal, will they think I’m crazy too?

Old 11-26-2012, 03:40 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Are you serious? If so, why do you think that it's up to you to warn humanity? Is this really what you think your vision is telling you? Are you familiar with the Kali-Yuga, which we are living in right now? Some of these occurrences are supposed to be parts of a natural cycle. I think we should take responsibility for what WE do, such as over population and our contribution to climate change.

Do you know how many whakos are out there with such messages? Really, whose going to listen to you? Do something useful. Get an education in oceanography, maybe.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:31 AM

7 posts, read 6,216 times
Hi!!! I wanted to ask you about one Rudras stories with deers. There's a Paragraph on parva LX, in the AStika Parva that I don't quite understand.

Mohan Ganguli's English version:
The Mahabharata, Book 1: Adi Parva: Astika Parva: Section XL

Devanagari and romanization orginal:
The Mahabharata in Sanskrit: Book 1: Chapter 40

In the text, Sauti speaks o Pariksit comparing him with Rudra:
Quote:
(...) One day, having pierced a deer with a sharp arrow and slung his bow on his back, he penetrated into the deep forest, searching for the animal here and there, like the illustrious Rudra himself of old pursuing in the heavens, bow in hand, the deer which was Sacrifice, itself turned into that shape, after the piercing. (...)
Please, help me. Who is that deer? What is Sacrifice in this case? What word do they use for sacrifice in Sanskrit? Why does it say "itself turned into that shape, what is itself and the shape assumed? Thank you!!!

Sergio
Om namah Shivaya

Old 06-09-2013, 02:55 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,053,449 times
reminds me of this:
Ceryneian Hind - Religion-wiki

Quote:
In Greek mythology, the Ceryneian Hind (Greek: ἡ Κερυνῖτις ἔλαφος), also called Cerynitis, was an enormous hind (deer), which lived in Keryneia, Greece. It was sacred to Artemis, the chaste goddess of the hunt, animals and unmarried women. It had golden antlers like a stag and hooves of bronze or brass, and it was said that it could outrun an arrow in flight. The capture of the hind was one of The Twelve Labors of Heracles.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
reminds me of this:
Ceryneian Hind - Religion-wiki
Thank you, granpa. Indeed, Shiva has the same attributes as Artemis. He's the lord of animals and hunters, and a crescent moon adorns his head. Many greek gods are closely related to hindu gods. THe name of Zeus, for instance, comes from the name of Dyaus-pita (father of light), one of the vasus.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:18 PM

Hindu mythology at-a-glance - Religion-wiki

Greek mythology at-a-glance - Religion-wiki

Old 06-10-2013, 05:19 AM

CAn anyone help me with that?

Old 06-10-2013, 05:33 AM

Taygete - Religion-wiki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality